Meeting 2011-05-19

Attendees

  1. Anmar Oueja
  2. Fathi Boudra
  3. Ilias Biris
  4. Joey Stanford
  5. Mounir Bsaibes
  6. Usman Ahmad
  7. Vicky Janicki

Agenda

  • Status of Project Management tool review and process (Vicky)
  • Moving to Monthly Release status (Joey)
  • August Linaro Conference Project Management track (Joey/Vicky)
  • Any Lessons Learned over the past month to share? (All)
  • Also one from me: New PM Starting in July :-)

  • conference

Actions from last meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Not Applicable

Create a skeleton proposal for separating release and planning months

June 2, 2011

Ilias

Done. Ilias sent an e-mail

Detail how Toolchain WG monitors upstreamed patches

June 2, 2011

Mounir

Sent the list. Will send again for convenience

Get more information on the Infrastructure Patch Tracking Tool

June 2, 2011

Mounir

E-mail already

Provide Joey with a list of components for the Monthly Linaro Download page and determine how will this information be gathered on a monthly basis

June 2, 2011

All WG PM's

Fathi did it. Thanks :-)

What will be the date and time of the monthly releases?

June 2, 2011

Fathi

Last Thursday of each month. Graphics and MM WG still need a schedule

UDS Action Items

Various

All

Done. https://docs.google.com/a/linaro.org/document/d/1fLHIrJOtoybEoRdcysuDthEKPAfResj7ynsBGNthvH0/edit?hl=en_US

Actions from this meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Look into putting in a process for useful use of the patch tracking tool

next week

Joey

Open

PMs to review the tools and determine if the high priority requirements are met

Next week

All PMs

Open

Usman to review IceScrum and provide feedback

next week

Usman

Open

Vicky to review Acunote

next week

Vicky

Open

Anmar to review Basecamp plugins and inhouse kanban tool

next week

Anmar

Open

Minutes

  • Patch tracking tool in in place but lacks the process necessary to explain how to use it effectively.
  • Please read this. Very useful information: https://docs.google.com/a/linaro.org/present/edit?id=0ATjleYdzD02NZGcyNTM4amZfNjNoZ3dianE3cQ&hl=en_US

  • Status of Project Management tool review and process (Vicky)
    • Vicky recommends each PM pick a tool and review the top requirements in an effort to prune the list of tools we need to evaluate (top requirements = 3) (https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/linaro.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8Qke8-OtTmdEk0cTFZLWlSaE5mTXU0aU5PUXlzWXc&hl=en_US#gid=0)

    • Usman is looking at Icescrum to see if it meets the high level requirements. Will update by next week
    • Mounir feels that Endeavour is not a good fit for our high level requirements
    • Redmine demo by Zyga last week discussion
      • Tool is developer friendly and agile based
      • PMs to put in their notes so we can reach a final decision
    • Greenhopper will be taken out of the list for now unless we can't find anything suitable
    • Internal Kanban tool
      • Can be customized. Used by Jame_W
      • Anmar to look at this tool and review it
    • Acunote
      • Vicky will take a look at
      • Free for the WGs since they are open source
    • Basecamp
      • Had many plugins we can use. Not free for open source
      • Anmar to have a quick look at the plugins and see if they are suitable for our needs
    • Joey suggested : myIntervals

      • Free plan but limited
      • Similar to Kanban without the agile plugins so it is not worth looking into.
  • Moving to Monthly Release status (Joey)
    • Presentation pushed out yesterday. Link in the action items
    • The TSC section is still up in the air but will be finalized next week
  • Fathi is going on vacation for the month of July (lucky dog :))

  • August Linaro Conference Project Management track (Joey/Vicky)
    • Tentatively, there is a PM track starting on Tue
    • Mounir will not be attending in person. However, he will be available remotely
  • Any Lessons Learned over the past month to share? (All)
    • Fathi: Getting the team to write down their Work Items is a chore. Any recommendations to help speed this process is appreciated:
      • Mounir recommends that there has to be an clear organizational goal of finishing up the specification instead of just jumping into code
      • Anmar agrees. Used the LDS attendance as a an example when the organization have an explicit deadlines with clear goals defined
    • Ilias: Feels that there isn't enough information in the TR BPs coming from the TSC
      • Having a clear understanding of the business case will help a lot in setting up the priority level
      • The time to review the TR BPs and provide feedback to Linaro management is too short. The team is expected to work on the Engineering BPs immediately after LDS instead of having some time to review and provide feedback to management
      • Joey: There is a feedback loop:
        • # TL says this is wrong # Kiko sitting on the calls and providing the feedback to the TSC # During the sprints (aka conferences)
      • There is a “review the back log” idea not a real process at the moment. Problem is the TSC requirements are too vague

        • The WG TLs will break down the Technicak Requirements BPs into Engineering BP
        • David R. and Kiko will review the Engineering BPs and provide the WG TL feedback
        • Feedback will bubble up to the TSC via Kiko and David R.
        • This process could definitely improve
  • Also one from me: New PM Starting in July :-)

    • Zoltan is in the final approval stages
    • Will start around the middle to end of July
    • Breakdown of tasks to be decided later on between Fathi and Zoltan

internal/archive/pmo/ProjectManagement/Meetings/2011-06-16 (last modified 2013-08-27 00:22:25)