Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

This page is being re-factored. Most of the old content has been moved to LAVA


Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
    • zyga to provide a blueprint on on dispatcher cloud support - DONE
    • plars/fabo to see where zyga's blueprint fit in the roadmap - DONE
    • everybody to update headline/acceptance - DONE
    • plars/zyga/fabo to discuss about fast-models support - DONE
    • fabo/plars to review meeting template - TODO
    • springz/tgall_foo/ronynandy to sync about tjunittest and tjbench work to push into lava - TODO
  • LAVA packaging blueprint?
  • Review activity reports
  • Engineer progress reports
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion
  • Any Other Business (AOB)


Engineers Reports

Michael Hudson-Doyle <mwhudson>

Highlights

  • Mostly finishing up bits for 2012.03 release
    • Restore js to keep job output at bottom as new content arrives
    • Landed code to create private jobs
    • Converted some dashboard tables to ajax pagination
  • Started looking at how to make the kernel-ci-views code more general.

Plans

  • Didn't actually do plans for last week, so rehashing:
    • Plan transition to owned bundle streams
    • A few tweaks to job health (allow editing the offline reason for instance)
  • More thinking about a general 'CI loop' view


Le Chi Thu <ChiThu>

Highlights

  • Studied why snowball CI test suites failed.
    • Bug rapport in launchpad for LTP and power management test cases is created.
  • Got the latest STE LTP test suite for snowball and it is now compile and run.

Plans

  • Continue with how to integrate STE LTP test suite in CI for snowball
  • Upgrade the lava-test LTP suite to latest version and patch some other fake failures as well.

Issues

  • None


Spring Zhang (springz)

Highlights

  • Working on lab health view. -- done a mp for gathering possible failure reasons from job logs.
  • Merge VTE test suite to lava-test -- working on write an out of tree lava-test definition.
  • Lab device check
  • Integrate tjbench to lava-test -- script from MM is not good enough, but will try to merge and finish it.

Plans

  • Work on VTE test suite integration and test MX6Q LT kernel.

Issues & Absence


Issues

  • Nothing in particular.


Dave Pigott <davepigott>

Highlights

  • Finalising timeout requirements for vexpress, pushing code change up
  • Planning office move
  • Packing up servers
  • Delaying office move
  • Unpacking a server and getting it online again

Plans

  • Move office

Issues

  • Don't even start!


Yongqin Liu <liuyq>

Highlights

  • Modified post-build-lava.py to make android-build to support the run-custom function
  • Did some investigation on adding monkeyrunner support into lava-android-test
  • Talked with Zach about the reboot matter, but no result:(
  • Improve some bugs

Plans

  • Work on support of monkeyrunner for lava-android-test
  • Work on giving some examples about the usage of lava-android-test into the document
  • Will be on leave from 29th March to 4th April.

Issues

  • N/A


Paul Larson <plars>

Highlights

  • 2012.03 lava release - merging, updating, pushing tarballs, etc
  • Did some more work on lava-test cleanup and documentation
  • experimenting with parameters for tests we're going to run on big.LITTLE, some of them were a lot more time consuming than we originally though
  • Task planning for test team
  • Built a hwpack based on the work Riku did for fast models support, got it mostly working. Still need some pieces sorted out, but I think most of the pieces are falling into place so we have all we need to test big.little
  • Met with Ricardo and Zach to start discussions about how the test team can help with the release process
  • Did some work on lava-qatracker, made a couple of patches to it

Plans

  • Document the release process
  • big.LITTLE testing work
  • Team staffing
  • adapting testing plans to ever-changing requirements

Issues

  • Need to find a new LAVA tech lead and work with that person to make sure the transition is smooth


Zygmunt Krynicki <zyga>

Highlights

  • LAVA Celery can run any lava-tool command in the background, possibly on other computers (including the cloud) if so configured
  • LAVA Dispatcher became a lava-tool getting the immediate advantages
  • LAVA Tool got a few lifting patches, the code moved around to align with the single-lava-namespace vision. A user-visible change also landed allowing all lava-tool commands to control logging and verbosity
  • LAVA Dashboard Tool and Lava Scheduler Tool got new top-level commands: instead of lava-dashboard-tool <dashboard command> and lava-tool <scheduler command> users can now type lava dashboard <dashboard command> or lava scheduler <scheduler command>

  • LAVA Master Image Scripts: a new project that can build master images for all supported boards, got some heat but was well worth it. Apart from the obvious automation adanvate the new master images unlock potential of doing smart agent that changes how we run tests and prepare test image.
  • Discussions on LAVA with Michael Hudson Doyle, bound to be announced next week for planning of 12.04 cycle

Plans

  • Have a look at fast model bits delivered by devplatform, resurrect my LAVA code around that
  • Announce lava-test-agent and lava-master-agent

Issues

  • I don't have the time to go to Madrid or even prepare the documents to work on my US Visa. I wish I did not have to do it.
  • I'd like to have full set of boards (apart from vexpress) at home: I still need origen, imx53 and imx6


Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).


IRC logs

Meeting started by plars at 13:02:23 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2012/linaro-meeting.2012-03-23-13.02.log.html .

Meeting summary

Meeting ended at 14:00:03 UTC.

Action items

  • zyga/plars/davepigott to discuss deployment of the cloudified dispatcher pieces
  • fabo to work with chithu and investigate ltp test build out of tree

Action items, by person

  • ChiThu

    • fabo to work with chithu and investigate ltp test build out of tree
  • davepigott
    • zyga/plars/davepigott to discuss deployment of the cloudified dispatcher pieces
  • fabo
    • fabo to work with chithu and investigate ltp test build out of tree
  • plars
    • zyga/plars/davepigott to discuss deployment of the cloudified dispatcher pieces
  • zyga
    • zyga/plars/davepigott to discuss deployment of the cloudified dispatcher pieces

People present (lines said)

  • plars (152)
  • zyga (66)
  • fabo (24)
  • davepigott (18)
  • ChiThu (17)

  • liuyq (8)
  • tgall_foo (2)

internal/archive/Platform/LAVA/Meetings/2012-03-22 (last modified 2013-08-23 13:18:40)