Team Work - Detailed
Paul Larson (plars)
- Investigated some problems with current LTP release - got a respin triggered
- Wrote an LTP test definition for Abrek which is now included
- Did some more code reviews
- Helped Deepti get going on some things
- Investigating some existing page load performance tests and looking at how to best approach it
- Filed a bug against abrek based on conversation with Deepti - now fixed
- Attended RTECC (Realtime and Embedded Computing) here in Round Rock
- Discussions about automated testing with the landing teams
- Started looking into patchwork
- None currently
- Continue working with Deepti on getting started with the team
- Continue looking at patchwork
- Get changes done to abrek to make it capable of submitting bundles to the dashboard once the dashboard side is complete - expected to land this week
- Work on priorities and schedule for dropping tests into abrek
James Westby (james_w)
- Hardware pack creation improvements, with hardware packs being created by a hudson instance for now. This should allow us to make use of them now.
- Further work on the new Infrastructure process, hope to circulate to other teams tomorrow.
- Reviews and objectives. Helping out with some launch-control changes.
- None right now.
- Further polish to hardware packs, and working towards getting them in to lexbuilder.
- Start the new process for the team.
Zygmunt Krynicki (zyga)
- Merged XML-RPC API and client and various fixes to them
- Considered authentication options for the dashboard and especially for the XML-RPC interface. Will settle on anonymous requests initially and then move to HTTP Digest authentication. More options should be considered once people start asking about them
- Got initial set of views into trunk. Currently this adds support for browsing streams. While simple, it paves the way for more views (the task is simple and repetitive) as we support authentication, unit tests and other goodness that made it take longer.
- Got generic databrowser merged. This allows anyone to browse everything that is in the database (so any bundles/tests that are already in can be accessed without extra effort). This will act as a temporary view layer before we can iron out what people actually want from us.
- Heavy work on being able to push and decompose data in the dashboard. First release planned this Friday (17th) as all bits land and align.
- Stripped out debian packaging from dashboard and made generic python packaging instead. Proper debian package not in scope for next few weeks unless someone asks for it.
Deployed redmine instance for tracking dashboard at http://www.suxx.pl/redmine/projects/launch-control/. In particular this allowed me to make clear release roadmap and plan features in a way that is easier otherwise. I plan to use it for personal needs and keep whiteboard up to date as usual although the data will really come from here.
- I planned first dashboard release for this Friday. Once released I will work with Paul Larson and IS to get it up and running.
- Reviewed some branches for James Westby
- Past deadline but things start to normalize so I hope to start catching up. Nearly all of the dev branch is now in trunk so new features and other interesting endeavours will become possible.
- Implement bundle decomposition and release 0.1 on Friday
- Work with Paul to get data in there, interact with WGs to get them excited about this
Work on features planned for 0.2 (current list of proposed changes here: http://www.suxx.pl/redmine/versions/show/2)
Michael Hudson (mwhudson)
- "Implement DB schema migration": INPROGRESS Agreement what to do, still need to do it.
- "Fix deployment path. Currently deployed to /srv": INPROGRESS. I still think I need to talk this over with Cody some more.
- "Decide on dependency management approach (debs/buildout/...)": DONE. Finally!
- "Implement dependency management": DONE. Cody landed my branch and made a few subsequent tweaks.
- "Email addresses for notifications need to be configurable": INPROGRESS. Emails are currently sent by the master which is not a Django app. So I submitted a simple branch that makes more of the emails sent affected by configuration options.
- "Sources.list passwords:" TODO Agreement what to do, need to do it.
- Not blueprinted:
- Some code review/feedback for other team members.
- Had another mentor chat
- Received Beagle xM, found that recent linaro images don't boot on it, talked to various people (torez, tgall_foo, jcrigby, slangasek) about getting this fixed. Turned out to be us using a new x-loader with an old u-boot.
- Set it up as a lexbuilder slave -- haven't managed a build yet though. Feels like I'm close.
- "Implement DB schema migration": Just do it.
- "Sources.list passwords:" Just do it.
- "Make prefix of distribution channel descriptor a configurable option": Just do it.
- "Fix deployment path. Currently deployed to /srv": Talk to Cody on call. Implement whatever we decide.
- "Email addresses for notifications need to be configurable": Request Cody to review.
- Not blueprinted:
- Get a lexbuilder build done on the xM.
- There are a number of work items that just require a couple of hours of solid work to complete. Need to hide from distractions like hunting kernel bugs on the xM and get on with these.
Guilherme Salgado (salgado)
- hwpack-install: landed and fixed a couple things reported by asac
- some UI reviews
- integrate hwpack-install with linaro-image-create
- more UI reviews
Deepti Kalakeri (deepti)
- Ramping up on Launhpad, bzr.
- Working on understanding abrek test framework.
- Going through the gmpbench testuite.
- None to mention as of now.
- Work on completing the automation of installation, execution, and results parsing for the gmpbench test suite.
Ian Smith (ismith)
- Completed Blueprint coding work (main obstacle was getting Blueprint to be registered in the database)
- Completing competitive analysis
- Looking into some processes for the Infrastructure team
- Sorting out HWPacks licence application to the TSC - should complete this week
internal/archive/Platform/LAVA/Infrastructure/Status/2010-09-16 (last modified 2013-08-23 12:19:39)