Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • Blueprint status/progress - All team members
  • Review activity reports - All team members
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - Tech Lead and Project Manager questions to the team
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Paul Sokolovsky <pfalcon>

Highlights

  • End-to-end testing of restricted builds, solving last publisher issues with Georgy
  • Last fixes of frontend for restricted builds
  • Security audit of restricted builds implementation, list of extra WIs which require fixing (build config validation)
  • Discussing of other points left before restricted builds can go into full prod mode (in particular, renaming "private" -> "restricted")

  • copyToSlave slowdown issues
  • Routine process of MRs/requests/bugs

Plans

  • Build config validation
  • EC2 management/monitoring discussion

Issues

  • EC2 monitoring/improvements BPs didn't have much progress after the first week of milestone, and likely will need to be moved to next.

Georgy Redkozubov <gesha>

Highlights

  • Finished per file EULA

Plans

  • Resolve issues with EULA

Issues

  • Issues with working on Chrome, works for me on FF

James Tunnicliffe <jamestunnicliffe>

Highlights

  • Lots of code reviews done
  • Launchpad Engineering Views
    • Got a local Launchpad checked out and running. Think I have an idea of how development is supposed to work.
    • Collected together all documentation and email threads I could find together into one doc and tried to absorb as much as possible!
    • Should be talking to Matthew Revell soon. Assume this is a sync call.
  • Offspring Upgrade
    • Endless problems with the upgrade. Don't know how it happened, but the branch that Salgado had prepped seemed to miss out a change that sent configuration from the Django part of the application to the builder shell scripts. This has now been patched in and I hope will work with the next attempt.
    • To start with the master and slaves didn't start! There was a function signature missmatch... seems to be another change was half merged.
    • None of the above problems are found by any tests.
    • Changes pushed to lp:linaro-offspring (new branch for our work).
  • Linaro Image Tools
    • Landed change to incorporate --output-directory option into linaro-media-create
    • Had a quick lok at all the tests complaining about using HWpack V1. Can't just change a couple of lines to make most of them go away, so leaving for now. Tests still pass, just noisy while they do.
    • Packaged up and tested the 2012.04 release
  • Summit
    • A few distractions in the form of code reviews, merges and discussions, but no code written. A couple of my changes still haven't landed, but they should do soon.
    • Think we are getting somewhere with the automatic registration situation now at least...

Plans

  • Focus as much as possible on getting Launchpad Engineering Views work under way.
  • Try and keep code reviews and other distractions managed, but not block other work.
  • Clone myself to achieve the above.

Issues

  • Well, my plans seem to involve ignoring other people and I am on maintanance. I don't see that working.

Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>

Highlights

  • Reviewed couple of MP done by Fathi to publish scripts
  • Fixed test case issue for publish script
  • Helped Riku with his job on ci.linaro.org
  • Helping Avik with information needed for him to make changes to builddeb so that he can build driver tree using make deb-pkg
  • Spent sometime on precise builds that were failing with the linaro-hwpack-create, but this got ultimately fixed with the new l-h-c on precise
  • Looked into the issue where scheduled builds are not starting on it own. This was a random issue and it seem to work fine now.
  • Merged Fathi's changes to linaro-android-frontend
  • Reviewed code changes to lci-build-tools submitted by Avik for device-tree-build-support
  • Verified the linux linaro omap4 panda hwpack built on ci.linaro.org and reported the problem to Andrey where it hangs when ethernet port is not connected. This problem does not seem to happen with the latest linaro-desktop rootfs, but with the problem is reproducible with the latest and old linaro-nano images.
  • Changed the jobs on ci.linaro.org to align with the EULA and OPEN-EULA changes implemented on s.l.o
  • Sent Mail to CI users to understand the usage pattern of ci.linaro.org. This is to keep a track of how the jobs use the resources on ci master and jenkins in general to avoid conditions like what appeared in March with ci going un responsive with the increasing jobs on it. Get a common scripts for jobs that will be used by almost all the jobs.
  • Installed and configured the email-ext plugin which gives Editable email configuration like sending mails on success or when build is unstable, before the build starts etc. This plugin is required by Fathi for his jobs.
  • Made changes to the ci scripts to stop the hwpack archiving on ci.linaro.org.
  • Made changes to snowball job on ci.linaro.org to align with EULA protection required on s.l.o.
  • Resolved the jenkins precise slaves issue which were failing to boot because of the 403 error as reported in the bug 932088.

Plans

  • Close all the open bugs for 12.04 cycle

Absences

  • May 1 2012 is national holiday for us.

Danilo Šegan <danilos>

Highlights

  • Back for a bit.
  • Seeing through Connect attendee registration.

Plans

  • Away rest of the week and most of next week.

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey

progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual issues for the coming week(s).


IRC logs

Meeting started by danilos at 12:59:57 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2012/linaro-meeting.2012-04-24-12.59.log.html .

Meeting summary

Meeting ended at 13:58:41 UTC.

Action items

  • jamestunnicliffe to update auto-signup-people-to-lp-sprint with the new plan of action
  • jamestunnicliffe to coordinate Connect attendance registration in Summit
  • fabo to point danilos, jamestunnicliffe at the testrepository problem on precise (python2.7)

Action items, by person

  • danilos
    • fabo to point danilos, jamestunnicliffe at the testrepository problem on precise (python2.7)
  • fabo
    • fabo to point danilos, jamestunnicliffe at the testrepository problem on precise (python2.7)
  • jamestunnicliffe
    • jamestunnicliffe to update auto-signup-people-to-lp-sprint with the new plan of action
    • jamestunnicliffe to coordinate Connect attendance registration in Summit
    • fabo to point danilos, jamestunnicliffe at the testrepository problem on precise (python2.7)

People present (lines said)

  • danilos (117)
  • dzin (46)
  • fabo (24)
  • pfalcon (19)
  • jamestunnicliffe (17)
  • gesha (16)
  • deepti (5)
  • linarobot` (3)

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2012-04-24 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:29)