Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • Blueprint status/progress - All team members
  • Review activity reports - All team members
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - Tech Lead and Project Manager questions to the team
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • everyone to send what they currently work on in a short mail: DONE
  • gesha to announce the process to use for hosting your own trees to make stuff available over dumb HTTP: DONE
  • dzin to arrange call with danilo about bug triaging: TODO
  • mabac and dzin to discuss acceptance/headline for https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-infrastructure-misc/+spec/lp-workitems-qa-tracking: DONE

  • jamestunnicliffe to check with scottb the state of linaro-ci new jobs.

everyone to send what they currently work on in a short mail :) - [ Deepti done] gesha to announce the process to use for hosting your own trees to make stuff available over dumb HTTP

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>

Highlights

  • Work on bug 972191 in progress
  • Worked on Publish Ubuntu Build Service images on snapshots.linaro.org- bug #955813
  • Resolved the publishing issue that Andy is facing on snapshot.linaro.org which was blocking the BP https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/prebuilt-images.

  • Interacted with IS team to resolve the issues blocking the progress of https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/prebuilt-images BP.

  • Reviewed sbambrough changes to the lci-build-tools and merged the same.
  • Reviewed pfalcon changes "Improve handling on Jenkins build slave logs"
  • Discussion with Ricardo, Andrey, Avik and Paul Larson on "Idea is to sync about the current status of ci.linaro.org and plan the work for the 12.04 cycle"
  • Started verification of the omap4 defconfig now part of the linux-linaro tracking tree with a job on ci.linaro.org.
  • Sent short description about the current work on ci* to Alexander Sack

Plans

  • Close the Settup builds on ci.linaro.org for linux-linaro tree for omap4 defconfig bug
  • Work on the bug Bug #977120

Absences

  • Will be on leave from April 10 - April 16. Calendar has been updated accordingly.

Paul Sokolovsky <pfalcon>

Highlights

  • Was contacted by Joey Stanford and Alexander Sock regarding double the normal EC2 bill for last month. The issues with reliability of our EC2 infrastructure are well known, and I had plans to work on them this months (after backlog of 1-11 months), so I confirmed with them it would be priority for this milestone.
  • Updated/created/discussed https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android-infrastructure/+spec/ec2-android-infra-monitoring https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android-infrastructure/+spec/optimize-ec2-usage to cover this

  • Cronjob to organize slave instance logs was deployed.
  • Preliminarily confirmed that the fix suggested by Ubuntu EC2 team largely resolve slave startup issues we saw (apt-get failures). Need to monitor over longer period of time, and also monitor ci.linaro.org.
  • Deployed initial version of EC2 slave monitoring cronjob (needs much more work, but we already know that we didn't have stick slaves since Fri ;-) ).

  • Created linaro-aws-tools project to cover EC2 administration needs, migrated to it bzr repo and bug tickets.
  • Discussion with Alexander regarding private Android builds.

Plans

  • Continue work on EC2 build slaves monitoring/stats collection tools, optimize inefficiencies as discovered.
  • Analyze and solve causes of constant disk overflows on Jenkins masters (requires tool to query parameters across all available jobs, in works).
  • Create Android private builds BP, start to work on it.

Issues

  • Need to approve BPs above.
  • Ideally, need a buddy to work on Android private builds together.
  • Need to have pending cronjob mail to linaro-android-infrastructure approved, also adminship of that list should be shared (either within the team (makes full sense) or with Fathi/David).
  • Need to have maintenance team assignment settled - already getting bunch of requests from Android team which I barely can process because of urgent issues above (also because tehy don't follow request ticket process).

Georgy Redkozubov <gesha>

Highlights

  • Discussed with Alexander new improvements to EULA
  • Created BP for new improvements

Plans

  • Register new BP
  • Update EULA with filename-based license texts if new BP will be approved

Issues

  • Current EULA improvements still not reviewed

Absenses

  • Still have paperwork about my flat so will be missing hangouts this week

James Tunnicliffe <jamestunnicliffe>

Highlights

  • Patchmetrics work complete
  • Fixed offspring so we could deploy new version
  • Looked into Ubuntu EC2 mirror issues
  • Started looking at some Summit issues

Plans

  • Fix Summit multi-slot meeting problems
  • Reduce infrastructure-errors traffic (fix bugs)
  • Pick up support work

Issues

  • Nothing new

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey

progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual issues for the coming week(s).


IRC logs

Meeting started by dzin at 13:00:31 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2012/linaro-meeting.2012-04-10-13.00.log.html

Meeting summary

  • LINK: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2012-04-10 (dzin, 13:01:24)

  • Actions from last meeting (dzin, 13:02:36)

    • everyone to send what they currently work on in a short mail: DONE (dzin, 13:03:23)
    • gesha to announce the process to use for hosting your own trees to make stuff available over dumb HTTP: DONE (dzin, 13:03:33)
    • dzin to arrange call with danilo about bug triaging: TODO (dzin, 13:03:48)
    • mabac and dzin to discuss acceptance/headline for https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-infrastructure-misc/+spec/lp-workitems-qa-tracking: DONE (dzin, 13:04:15)

    • jamestunnicliffe to check with scottb the state of linaro-ci new jobs: DONE (dzin, 13:06:44)
    • ACTION: jamestunnicliffe to confirm proper state of linaro-ci once LAVA is up. (dzin, 13:07:59)

  • Blueprint status/progress (dzin, 13:08:25)

    • gesha to help pfalcon with private android builds (dzin, 13:14:27)
    • BP's assigned to pfalcon are up to date (dzin, 13:20:15)
    • the state of BP's assigned to mabac are unknown (dzin, 13:20:36)
    • BP assigned to deepti is blocked (dzin, 13:20:56)
  • Review activity reports (dzin, 13:21:18)

  • AOB (dzin, 13:31:50)

Meeting ended at 13:32:45 UTC.

Action items

  • jamestunnicliffe to confirm proper state of linaro-ci once LAVA is up.
  • gesha to request review from jamestunnicliffe for EULA improvements

Action items, by person

  • gesha
    • gesha to request review from jamestunnicliffe for EULA improvements
  • jamestunnicliffe
    • jamestunnicliffe to confirm proper state of linaro-ci once LAVA is up.
    • gesha to request review from jamestunnicliffe for EULA improvements

People present (lines said)

  • dzin (59)
  • pfalcon (11)
  • asac (11)
  • jamestunnicliffe (8)
  • gesha (7)
  • JesseBarker (4)

  • linarobot` (2)
  • scottb (1)
  • fabo (1)

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2012-04-10 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:18)