Agenda

  • Rollcall: danilos, deepti, dzin, fabo, gesha, jamestunnicliffe, mabac, pfalcon, salgado
  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • Review activity reports - All team members
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - Tech Lead and Project Manager questions to the team
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • danilos to talk to rsalvetti about boot failures on origen and beagle-xm boards in LAVA, and ensure they are being handled
  • pfalcon to discuss with salgado how to set up jenkins copy-to-slave plugin for tracking our contributions on patches.l.o
  • gesha to get his click-through-testing branch reviewed.
  • pfalcon to get his jenkins build plugin reviewed.
  • danilos to chat to fabo about the milestone naming for infrastructure.
  • danilos and jamestunnicliffe to reply to salgado's offspring live-build email.
  • everybody to comment on monthly engineering views mockup, no bike-shedding though!

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>

Highlights

  • Registered BP on Linaro CI work for Linaro Connect Q1.2012 - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro/+spec/linaro-kernel-ci-q112-discussion

  • Completed the work on the Include board type in compile results BP
  • Drafted the "Submit to trigger defconfigs" BP with the work item details and start work on it
  • Reviewed Jamestunnicliffe changes on linaro-license-protection
  • Reviewed Paul's code for Jenkins Shell with Exit status changes
  • Created a new bug to Remove the token used to auth linaro-ci to lava stored directly in open code
  • Spent a day in getting the new laptop alloted to me and in setting up laptop with OS and other IBM related softwares
  • Raised a bug on lava-tool https://bugs.launchpad.net/lava-tool/+bug/917570

Plans

  • Work on the implementation of the "Submit to trigger defconfigs" BP
  • Work on the bug 917503

Issues

  • The lava-tool auth-add does not seem to work on ec2 instances and needs fixing. The work on Bug 917503 is dependent of the fix provided by the lava-tool.

Georgy Redkozubov <gesha>

Highlights

Plans

  • Work on the "dumb" http git support for git.linaro.org

Paul Sokolovsky <pfalcon>

Highlights

  • LAVA integration work with James (includes upgrading the way we push artifacts to snapshots.l.o, resolving issues with it, figuring out and fixing frontend issues, migrating existing jobs, testing)
  • Mirroring few git projects on Android team request
  • Usual ticket processing

Plans

  • Upgrading seed for seed builds.
  • Proceeding with Jenkins shell status plugin
  • Keep working with James on remaining build frontend issues/WIs.

James Tunnicliffe <jamestunnicliffe>

Highlights

  • Some progress getting android-build.linaro.org to point to builds on snapshots.linaro.org properly.
  • Got fed up of not being able to do quick testing on a live server with lots of builds on it - thrown together a node.js proxy that inserts my JavaScript and django API changes over the top of android-build.linaro.org so I can see what I am doing. Seems to work quite well.

Plans

  • Finish android-build.linaro.org UI changes

Issues

  • Now I have the above proxy in place, development should be much faster. Was rather slow.

Mattias Backman <mabac>

Highlights

  • Some tweaks to roadmap @ s.l.o. Discussing feedback with stakeholders.
  • Most of the changes to the roadmap reports have been collected in blueprints for future work.

Plans

Issues

  • none

Guilherme Salgado <salgado>

Highlights

  • monthly eng. views mockup and discussions
  • switching mail clients and also switching to server-side filtering to make it easy to switch to mutt when I finally admit those GUI clients are not for me
  • offspring code reviews
  • review of the UEFI changes for l-m-c
  • prepared and proposed for merging into trunk the last two remaining Offspring branches we had
  • fixed the gerrit sync script (https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-patchmetrics/+bug/917303)

  • upgraded to precise!

Plans

  • Gather feedback on monthly eng. views mockup and start implementing it

Issues

  • None


IRC logs

Meeting started by dzin at 13:01:30 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2012/linaro-meeting.2012-01-17-13.01.log.html

Meeting summary

  • LINK: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2012-01-17 (dzin, 13:02:22)

  • Actions from last meeting (dzin, 13:03:09)

    • : danilos to talk to rsalvetti about boot failures on origen and beagle-xm boards in LAVA, and ensure they are being handled - DONE (dzin, 13:04:10)
    • pfalcon to discuss with salgado how to set up jenkins copy-to-slave plugin for tracking our contributions on patches.l.o - TODO (dzin, 13:05:00)
    • gesha to get his click-through-testing branch reviewed. - DONE (dzin, 13:05:34)
    • pfalcon to get his jenkins build plugin reviewed. - DONE (dzin, 13:06:34)
    • danilos and jamestunnicliffe to reply to salgado's offspring live-build email. - TODO (dzin, 13:07:28)
    • everybody to comment on monthly engineering views mockup (dzin, 13:07:46)
    • LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-status-website/+spec/monthy-engineering-view-mockup (salgado, 13:15:59)

  • Activity and Progress (dzin, 13:18:18)

    • ACTION: dzin to review blueprint "Submit to trigger defconfigs" for deepti (dzin, 13:24:13)

  • AOB (dzin, 13:32:04)

Meeting ended at 13:34:32 UTC.

Action items

  • dzin to review blueprint "Submit to trigger defconfigs" for deepti - DONE

Action items, by person

  • deepti
    • dzin to review blueprint "Submit to trigger defconfigs" for deepti
  • dzin
    • dzin to review blueprint "Submit to trigger defconfigs" for deepti

People present (lines said)

  • dzin (57)
  • mabac (14)
  • deepti (11)
  • salgado (10)
  • pfalcon (4)
  • ubot2 (2)
  • gesha (2)
  • jamestunnicliffe (2)
  • zyga (2)
  • linarobot (2)
  • rsalveti (1)

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2012-01-17 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:58:23)