Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting - James chasing
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - James and JamieBennett questions to the team

  • Any other business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • james_w to schedule session to discuss pre-built images at UDS
  • everyone to email james_w with a list of sessions that they would like to lead
  • james_w to follow up on board for jamestunnicliffe
  • james_w to follow up on board for pfalcon

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>

Highlights

  • Worked on setting up the shared repository for gcc on the master. This helped to reduce the amount of time for execution. On the slaves the gcc download from bzr would take about 2 hrs but the same on the master takes 63 mins. With this the build and test would be completed an hour faster.
  • Set up a cron job for the shared repository on the master to be updated every hour. This clubbed with Poll SCM can now initiate the build and test when there is some change in the shared repository on the master.
  • Started looking into the kernel builds to incorporate in the CI

Plans

  • To work on the kernel builds

Issues

  • None

Absences

  • On a department outing to a resort on Wednesday May 4th.

Paul Sokolovsky <pfalcon>

Highlights

  • Worked on 11.04 release builds
  • Work towards supporting various build types, beyond Android image building: decided on plan to implement build-specific node setup, added support for specifying make targets and jobs via build config.
  • Work towards Android toolchain builds specifically - compilation now succeeds, need to package/archive build artifacts properly
  • Started discussion and process on extending official build archive depth (requires more space on build master)
  • Various build system stability and maintenance work - dealt with instance pile-up issues, slave tmpfs overflow, etc.
  • Started LDS session preparation.

Plans

  • LDS preparation - main task
  • Make toolchain build green
  • Contact Android team with issues seen while bringing toolchain build up
  • Add extra space for build archiving on master
  • System maintenance and ticket management

Mattias Backman <mabac>

Highlights

  • Released 0.4.5 of l-i-t https://launchpad.net/linaro-image-tools/trunk/0.4.5

  • Landed an improvement to Bug 638384 hwpack-install asks for confirmation of not authenticated packages
  • Started assessing the work involved for hwpacks v2.
  • Some discussions with STE landing team about snowball support in l-m-c. They have a snowball branch which will work for LDS but is not in shape to be merged just yet.
  • Started preparing my session.

Plans

  • LDS

Issues

  • None

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey

progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).


IRC log

Meeting minutes

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[20:07:44] <james_w> [TOPIC] Actions from last meeting
[20:07:59] <james_w> None recorded
[20:08:07] <james_w> [TOPIC] Engineer progress reports
[20:08:19] <james_w> there's a couple in the wiki
[20:08:32] <james_w> mine would just read "LDS, LDS, LDS" really
[20:09:02] <james_w> [TOPIC] Work Item progress and team issues discussion
[20:09:27] <james_w> so, as I mailed earlier we should be starting to draft the specs resulting from LDS, and so setup the workitems for this cycle
[20:09:45] <james_w> I'd like to get this done next week for the most part
[20:09:54] <james_w> some will be done this week
[20:10:23] <james_w> some will take a little longer to develop, but we should have most done next week so that we can get back to working on our projects
[20:11:25] <james_w> does anyone have anything to raise here?
[20:11:35] <james_w> anything worrying you as a result of discussions last week?
[20:11:48] <salgado> I don't
[20:12:56] <fabo> james_w: the draft of the specs will be available on the wiki?
[20:12:58] <james_w> that's good
[20:13:01] <james_w> fabo, yeah
[20:13:12] <fabo> ok
[20:14:53] <james_w> [TOPIC] Any other business
[20:15:08] <salgado> not from me
[20:15:26] <fabo> nothing on my side
[20:15:46] <james_w> ok
[20:15:49] <james_w> thanks for your time
[20:15:52] <james_w> quick meeting :-)
[20:15:55] <james_w> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-05-03 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:58:40)