Infrastructure Team Meeting

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting - James chasing
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - James and JamieBennett questions to the team

  • Any other business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • Salgado to review Android build system code

People Present

Actions Recorded

  • None.


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey

progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Mattias Backman <mabac>

Highlights

Plans

  • Understand and propose fixes for some of the l-m-c bugs.
  • Handle Svammel bugs now that rebuild testing has started.
  • Have hwpacks v2 in mind when working on the bugs, to be able to take on that work.

Issues

  • Waiting for TSC approval to be able to merge the Svammel branches. I know James is pushing so it probably can't be sped up any more.

Absences

  • Taking Friday this week off.

Guilherme Salgado <salgado>

Highlights

  • Have a basic script which scans git commits in a given branch and update the state of our patches that have been committed.
  • Reviewed a bunch of linaro-image-tools branches
  • Finished all performance appraisals!

Plans

  • Finish the script mentioned above and send it upstream.

Issues

  • Still waiting for IS to deploy our patchwork instance
  • Haven't gotten any feedback on a bunch of changes I submitted to upstream patchwork, so our delta keeps growing

Deepti B.Kalakeri<deepti>

Highlights

  • Resolved the SSL issue I was facing when jenkins was configured behind apache I was getting 404 error
  • I am happy that I was able to build a image and run it on beagle board for the first time :D. I did some minimal basic testing like boot. reboot etc
  • I Setup the launchpad gcc build on master. The script I wrote to automate the gcc-build is raw, I am working to refine the same.

Plans

  • To resolve the ec2 slave instance problem I am facing when launching the ec2 spot instances.
  • To setup gcc linaro build on the ec2 spot instances
  • Do weekly build testing on beagle board.
  • Speak to Michael Hudson on jenkins account he is using as this might conflict the account that I have. Also discuss with him regarding any jenkins issue and jenkins changes he is working on.

Issues

  • I am having problems with the slave instances getting created and working on resolving the same.

Absences

  • I was on sick leave last week for 2 days.


IRC log

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[14:04:24] <james_w> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-29
[14:04:41] <james_w> [TOPIC] Actions from last meeting
[14:04:48] <james_w> Salgado to review Android build system code
[14:04:51] <james_w> DONE, thanks salgado
[14:04:55] <james_w> that was it
[14:04:56] <salgado> not really
[14:05:02] <salgado> I thought that was about reviewing the docs
[14:05:05] <mabac> Oh, sorry.
[14:05:11] <james_w> well, you looked at the wiki page, which is enough I think
[14:05:16] <james_w> mabac, hi
[14:05:25] <james_w> [TOPIC] Engineer progress reports
[14:05:35] <salgado> oh, ok, I read that a few minutes ago and thought it was about reviewing the code
[14:05:45] <james_w> apologies for not sending the reminder about this
[14:06:04] <mabac> Sorry, totally slipped my mind.
[14:06:07] <james_w> please fill in the page after the meeting
[14:06:14] <mabac> Will do.
[14:06:24] <james_w> mabac, deepti2, would you give us a brief summary now of any highlights or issues?
[14:06:40] <mabac> Sure.
[14:07:12] <mabac> I am out of ideas for more features in svammel, which is good.
[14:07:37] <mabac> I have sent some text about why I feel that the implementation covers the requests to James and Steve.
[14:07:54] <mabac> And I have started to look at some bugs in linaro image tools.
[14:08:01] <mabac> Some more confusing than others.
[14:08:20] <mabac> The latest one you sent is fairly simple, so will send a suggestion today.
[14:08:24] <mabac> That's about it.
[14:09:07] <deepti2> james_w: sure..
[14:09:24] <deepti2> james_w: I Resolved the SSL issue I was facing when jenkins was configured behind apache I was getting 404 error.
[14:09:47] <deepti2> james_w: testing the weekly build was another imp thing .. I am happy that I was able to build a image and run it on beagle board for the first time :D. I did some minimal basic testing like boot. reboot etc
[14:09:59] <deepti2> james_w: I Setup the launchpad gcc build on master. I am having problems with the slave instances getting created and working on resolving the same.
[14:10:22] <deepti2> james_w: unfortunately I was sick on tuesday and wednesday last week.. so I lost 2 days there..
[14:10:29] <deepti2> thats it from my end
[14:10:44] <james_w> thanks mabac and deepti2
[14:10:48] <JamieBennett> deepti2: If you are testing the weekly images can you submit your results to qatracker.linaro.org please
[14:10:58] <JamieBennett> so we have a record of it
[14:11:02] <james_w> deepti2, I'll keep looking at this ec2 issue for you
[14:11:32] <deepti2> JamieBennett: sure.. but I did very basic things as it was my first encounter with the board and the image .. not sure if it adds value
[14:11:35] <james_w> salgado, I'm interested in how the script you wrote matches revisions against patches?
[14:11:59] <JamieBennett> deepti2: its all value :) If you need some info on how to do it - https://wiki.linaro.org/QA/QATracker
[14:12:16] <deepti2> JamieBennett: sure thanks..
[14:12:17] <salgado> james_w, currently it hashes the patches, so only matches when the patches in patchwork are committed verbatim
[14:15:22] <salgado> james_w, I sometimes forget to do the weekly testing and was wondering if it'd make sense to have that as a full-day event to which everybody is invited?
[14:15:23] <james_w> salgado, using the patch-id tool from patchwork?
[14:15:54] <james_w> salgado, that would be a pain to manange, are Jamie's reminder emails not useful for that/
[14:16:08] <salgado> yeah, they should be
[14:16:13] <JamieBennett> salgado: do you get a reminder direct from qatracker too?
[14:16:21] <salgado> JamieBennett, no
[14:16:33] <salgado> although I think I subscribed
[14:16:33] <JamieBennett> salgado: OK, I'll subscribe you to that too :)
[14:16:43] <JamieBennett> what hardware do you have to test?
[14:16:45] <james_w> JamieBennett, I don't and I'm subscribed
[14:16:51] <JamieBennett> :(
[14:16:55] <JamieBennett> I'll look into it
[14:16:55] <salgado> JamieBennett, beagle xM
[14:17:07] <JamieBennett> OK, thanks salgado, I'll look into notifications
[14:17:22] <salgado> james_w, what patch-id tool is that?
[14:17:31] <JamieBennett> Beta candidate will be released today so please test if you have time 
[14:17:33] <james_w> uh-oh :-)
[14:18:08] <james_w> hash=$(git show $sha | pwparser --hash)
[14:18:08] <james_w> pwclient update -s Accepted -c $sha -h $hash
[14:18:23] <james_w> sha=$(git rev-parse HEAD)
[14:18:52] <salgado> I use patchwork's helper functions to extract the diff and hash it
[14:18:54] <james_w> http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2010-January/000186.html
[14:20:04] <salgado> the difference is that you have to clone the repo and point this script to it
[14:20:16] <james_w> ah yeah
[14:20:28] <salgado> since ours needs to do more stuff, I decided to run away from shell
[14:20:36] <salgado> and implemented it in python, using dulwich
[14:21:12] <james_w> still might be worth looking at the --hash algorithm used in apps/bin/patchwork/parser.py as it accounts for some differences when committing I believe
[14:21:27] <salgado> that's what I use
[14:21:33] <james_w> ah, great
[14:21:41] <james_w> two steps ahead as always :-)
[14:21:42] <salgado> the difference is that I use the helper function instead of the script
[14:22:24] <salgado> patchwork.parser.hash_patch is the function. :)
[14:22:48] <james_w> ok
[14:23:00] <james_w> does anyone else have any questions about the status reports?
[14:23:27] <JamieBennett> Can we have them on the wiki ;)
[14:23:53] <mabac> JamieBennett, of course, very sorry
[14:24:00] <JamieBennett> Platform will produce its own report (as well as each individual team) so its important to get this information out :)
[14:24:26] <JamieBennett> so mabac, deepti2, james_w ... :)
[14:24:31] <JamieBennett> thanks
[14:26:27] <james_w> [TOPIC] Any other business
[14:26:34] <james_w> anyone have anything?
[14:26:49] <mabac> I don't
[14:27:02] <JamieBennett> not from me, just test the beta-rc if you can and submit results, it will be released on Thursday if all is well
[14:27:12] <james_w> I don't think I've mentioned it in this timezone yet. Michael is on vacation this week, and then when he gets back next week he's going to be helping out with LAVA for 3 weeks
[14:27:23] <james_w> so won't be working with us much in that time
[14:27:35] <james_w> that may be extended until UDS, we'll decide next month
[14:29:42] <james_w> ok, if there is nothing else...
[14:29:45] <james_w> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-29 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:07)