Infrastructure Team Meeting

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting - James chasing
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item progress and team issues discussion - James and JamieBennett questions to the team

  • Any other business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • james_w to co-ordinate deployment of salgado's patchwork tree in his absence

People Present

Action Items

  • Salgado to review Android build system code


Engineers Reports

Michael Hudson-Doyle <mwhudson>

Highlights

  • Further work on android-build.linaro.org, including allowing a custom toolchain to be used and steps towards allowing the toolchain to be built.

Plans

  • Wind down on the android build stuff, this is my last week before starting to work on Lava for a few weeks (there's a week of leave before that though).
  • Most important part will be writing documentation for android-build.linaro.org and making sure code is at least somewhat maintainable.

Issues

  • Nothing in particular.

Guilherme Salgado <salgado>

Highlights

  • Our custom Patchwork branch now allows us to have basic stats of Linaro contributions to upstream projects

  • Wrote a new patchwork script to reclassify patches to the appropriate project. This is useful when we realize there have been contributions sent to an upstream project that is not registered on our patchwork instance and will reduce the amount of manual work that will have to be done by engineers on patches.linaro.org
  • Incorporated upstream feedback on some patchwork changes I'd proposed earlier. These changes lay the foundations for our patch stats work, so it's good to have them upstream

Plans

  • Improve the stats of Linaro contributions to upstream projects (e.g. grouping per team/WG)
  • Start work to automatically detect when Linaro contributions are committed upstream

Issues

  • Still waiting for IS to deploy our patchwork instance
  • Haven't gotten any feedback on a bunch of changes I submitted to upstream patchwork, so our delta keeps growing

Mattias Backman <mabac>

Highlights

Plans

  • Probably some work on current svammel merge proposals and possibly add low priority features.
  • I expect to be able to take on new tasks as of now, in parallel with handling feedback on svammel.
  • Take part in weekly image testing.

Issues

  • Nothing new.

Absences

  • Planning to take a day off on Friday April 1st.

Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>

Highlights

  • Followed up on the DNS entry for the ec2 instance. This will help us to use a short friendly URL for Jenkins.
  • Started learning about apache2 to understand how it works.This was needed for configuring jenkins behind apache
  • Configured Jenkins behind the apache server to work over SSL. It works partially ( see the issues heading for problem description)
  • Participated in some of the important IBM meetings with the Distinguished Engineer of IBM Paul Mckenney.

Plans

  • work to resolve the SSL issue I am facing.
  • Weekly image test yet to be done. Plan to do some testing with Beagle board as part of weekly build image tests.
  • Setup the launchpad gcc build and automated tests in Jenkins to start with the Continuous Integration work.

Issues

  • Investigated into the ec2 alias name not being accessible. I needed to add the proper security group for the instances to work for Jenkins.
  • Reboot of the ec2 instance caused apache2 failed to start. On investigation I found that adding passphrase while generating the keys for SSL causes this problem.
    • I have a workaround for the same now.
  • When certain actions are performed over SSL Jenkins is getting redirected to http protocol and am getting page not found error. Editing the url to use https instead of http works though. I am sure its something to do with my apache configuration. Plan to speak to Michael Hudson as he has already done this configuration for andriod build.

Absences

  • I was on sick leave on March 22, 2011.

James Westby <james_w>

Highlights

  • All workitems on the OverallStatusReporting spec are now done or postponed, indicating that the project can now be moved to maintainence mode.

  • http://planet.linaro.org is now up and running

  • Discussions around important things to get done in the Android build service. A list of the most important things was created and passed on to Michael.
  • Discussed how to work better with Landing Teams when they are enabling new hardware.
  • Planning for Michael to work on the Validation team for a short while.
  • Interviews for the open position, and discussions around the hiring plan.
  • Assignee evaluations.

Plans

Issues

  • None at present


IRC log

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[20:02:16] <james_w> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-22
[20:02:28] <james_w> [TOPIC] Action items from last meeting
[20:02:36] <james_w> james_w to co-ordinate deployment of salgado's patchwork tree in his absence
[20:02:44] <james_w> salgado is back!
[20:03:07] <salgado> :)
[20:03:09] <james_w> IS didn't get to this ticket yet, so we can drop this item, but I'll continue to help out where I can
[20:03:22] <james_w> that's all we had
[20:03:30] <james_w> [TOPIC] Engineer progress reports
[20:04:17] <james_w> I don't have any questions arising from your reports
[20:04:29] <james_w> do either of you have any questions or anything else to bring up?
[20:04:38] <mwhudson> i have a question about the patch tracking, although it's not related to salgado's progress :)
[20:04:53] <james_w> go ahead
[20:04:56] <mwhudson> which is that i've sent a couple of patches off to random projects over the last couple of weeks
[20:05:05] <mwhudson> one on github, one on launchpad
[20:05:19] <mwhudson> i'm not sure how to make either of these show up to patches@l.o
[20:05:42] <salgado> for now you'll have to manually email them to patches@l.o
[20:05:50] <mwhudson> ok
[20:05:59] <salgado> what's the lp project, btw?
[20:06:05] <mwhudson> salgado: lazr-js
[20:06:18] <james_w> is just emailing "bzr diff" sufficient?
[20:06:29] <mwhudson> salgado: should the email contain the patch, or is the link to the github pull request enough?
[20:06:44] <salgado> the email must contain the patch, or else patchwork will discard it
[20:06:52] <mwhudson> ok
[20:07:22] <salgado> in these cases we don't have a way to figure out to which project the patch applies
[20:07:55] <salgado> so once our patchwork instance is deployed everybody will have to go through their unclassified patches and move them to appropriate projects
[20:08:38] <mwhudson> ok
[20:09:45] <james_w> apologies for not putting my progress report on the page before the meeting
[20:10:12] <james_w> I don't think I've done much particularly interesting this last week though
[20:10:44] <james_w> if you are waiting on me for something then please bug me about it
[20:10:51] <james_w> [TOPIC] Any Other Business
[20:11:40] <james_w> one thing is that mwhudson is going to help out on validation for at least a month, possibly until UDS starting effectively after this week
[20:12:15] <james_w> I'll be looking to transfer responsibility of the Android work in his absence, but haven't settled on a plan there yet
[20:13:23] <james_w> once he has done great things with validation, he'll be back with us to do more great things
[20:13:34] <james_w> does anyone else have anything to bring up?
[20:15:03] <mwhudson> i'm only working monday morning next week, btw
[20:15:13] <james_w> right
[20:16:05] <mwhudson> um
[20:16:34] <mwhudson> i guess if anyone is bored, they could try to understand the code behind the android build service and tell me which bits are horribly obscure :)
[20:16:53] <mwhudson> it's linaro-android-build-tools, linaro-android-frontend and linaro-android-mirror on lp
[20:17:05] <mwhudson> i'm writing documentation at https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHudson/Sandbox/LinaroAndroidBuildService
[20:17:21] <james_w> salgado, would you have some time to look at that?
[20:17:39] <salgado> sure, I'm happy to do that
[20:18:08] <james_w> great, thanks
[20:18:56] <JamieBennett> sorry, I'm around now james_w
[20:19:00] <james_w> ok, thanks for your time, see you next week
[20:19:07] <JamieBennett> bit late ;)
[20:19:09] <james_w> oh, hi JamieBennett, anything you wanted to bring up?
[20:19:22] <JamieBennett> james_w: not today :)
[20:19:27] <james_w> great :-)
[20:19:29] <james_w> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-22 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:06)