Infrastructure Team Meeting
- Actions from last meeting - James chasing
- Engineer progress reports - all team members
Team Status - James and JamieBennett asking questions
- Any other business (AOB)
Past Action items
- james_w to co-ordinate deployment of salgado's patchwork tree in his absence: c/o
- mabac to request reviews for some svammel changes, and review some code from other team members: DONE
- salgado to send deployment docs to the patchwork RT ticket when ready: DONE
- james_w to reassign CI spec and ask for workitems: DONE
mwhudson to add some people to https://launchpad.net/~linaro-android-builders: DONE
- mwhudson to talk to plars about lava: DONE
- james_w to co-ordinate deployment of salgado's patchwork tree in his absence
Michael Hudson-Doyle <mwhudson>
https://android-build.linaro.org/ should now be useful to the android team.
- I also talked to Paul about how to start concrete development for the LAVA scheduler.
- Fix any issues that come up with the android team start to use my code.
- This includes figuring out why instances are not being automatically provisioned from ec2.
- Clean up the android build frontend code so that it can be maintained by someone else if necessary.
- (tentative, need to talk to James first) Start to ramp up work on the LAVA scheduler, this means having a few more calls with Paul I suspect.
- The lack of automatic provisioning with Jenkins is still a mystery.
Deepti B. Kalakeri <deepti>
- Did some studies on the ec2 regarding the assigning how to assign external ip address.
- Identified the ec2-instance type that will be used for the Continuous Integration work.
- Started configuring Jenkins on the ec2-instance identified.
- Identified the work items and changed the continuous Integration blueprint to include the same.
Started looking into how to setup hostname to the ec2 instance. Sent mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the dns entry for ec2 instance.This is will help to use a more friendly hostname than using a big default domain name given by amazon.
- Follow up on the DNS entry thing for the ec2 instance.
- I have USB to serial adapter to use Panda/Beagle Board now. I plan to do some testing with Beagle board as part of weekly build image tests.
- Setup the launchpad gcc build and automated tests in Jenkins to start with the Continuous Integration work.
Facing problem working with ec2. Getting the following error: Client.AuthFailure. My ec2 credentials were messed up. Took sometime to figure this out.
- was on leave on March 11th, 2011.
- Plan to take couple of days off during the last week of March
Mattias Backman <mabac>
- Merged some branches into svammel trunk representing a few small changes.
- I am nearly ready to submit a few more branches which introduce proper cross checking of multiple archives.
- I got some good feedback from Steve and James which led to a change in strategy regarding downloading successful build logs.
- Reviewed a few branches of work-items-tracker.
- Will push on for Budapest travel arrangements. Still no formal approval which prevents reservation.
- Implement the final few features missing in svammel, and then handle change requests.
- And get the Panda running, I have not made that a priority yet.
- Nothing to report.
James Westby <james_w>
- Coded two remaining work items for status.linaro.org. The first is awaiting deployment, the second is awaiting review.
- Sent a draft theme to IS for deployment with planet.linaro.org.
- Reviews of svammel, and discussion over the priority of features.
- Chasing some organisational issues.
- Deploy remaining status.linaro.org branches, and ensure there are no more requests before the project can be moved to maintainence.
- None to report.
Your Name <irc nick>
- Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.
- Your individual plans for the coming week(s).
- Your individual plans for the coming week(s).
Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting [14:02:29] <james_w> [AGENDA] https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-15 [14:02:51] <james_w> [TOPIC] Actions from last meeting [14:03:24] <james_w> james_w to co-ordinate deployment of salgado's patchwork tree in his absence [14:03:29] <james_w> carry over [14:03:35] <james_w> mabac to request reviews for some svammel changes, and review some code from other team members [14:03:47] <JamieBennett> (james_w: added them to todays page now) [14:03:52] <james_w> this has been done, thanks mabac [14:03:54] <james_w> thanks JamieBennett [14:03:59] <james_w> salgado to send deployment docs to the patchwork RT ticket when ready [14:04:02] <james_w> done as well [14:04:08] <james_w> james_w to reassign CI spec and ask for workitems [14:04:11] <james_w> done, thanks deepti [14:04:16] <james_w> mwhudson to add some people to https://launchpad.net/~linaro-android-builders [14:04:17] <james_w> done [14:04:22] <james_w> mwhudson to talk to plars about lava [14:04:23] <james_w> done [14:04:27] <james_w> excellent [14:05:01] <james_w> [TOPIC] Engineer progress reports [14:05:19] <james_w> JamieBennett, what do you imagine for this section now that everyone is putting their reports on the page before the meeting? [14:05:34] <deepti> james_w: discuss issues :) if any [14:05:46] <JamieBennett> james_w: its just a section for each engineer to discuss progress and issues outside of the report [14:06:20] <JamieBennett> james_w: if you feel its not necessary then we can skip [14:06:39] <james_w> ok, does anyone have any progress or issues that weren't mentioned in the reports? [14:06:52] <JamieBennett> james_w: we do have two issues in the team according to the reports [14:07:18] <JamieBennett> * The lack of automatic provisioning with Jenkins is still a mystery. [14:07:27] <JamieBennett> * Facing problem working with ec2. Getting the following error: Client.AuthFailure. My ec2 credentials were messed up. Took sometime to figure this out. [14:07:37] <deepti> james_w: or may be James you can let us know about any outcome of some meeting in detail if you think that is interesting for everyone to know.. [14:07:39] <james_w> deepti, I think you figured that out? [14:07:56] <deepti> james_w: Yes I have solved that [14:08:01] <JamieBennett> is that something that needs documenting for next time? [14:08:04] <james_w> deepti, let me look at the meetings I had this week [14:08:29] <deepti> james_w: somehow the credentials on my machine and the ec2 were mismatching and hence the problem [14:09:13] <james_w> oh! I forgot that in my report. I interviewed another candidate last week for our open role, and we will be making them an offer. [14:09:27] <JamieBennett> awesome [14:09:45] <james_w> so, fingers crossed. I'll obviously let you know as soon as they accept, if they do [14:10:37] <james_w> the other meetings I attended were techleads: https://wiki.linaro.org/EngineeringUnits/Management [14:11:28] <james_w> if you would like to attend the Ubuntu Platform Rally then please let me know. I believe that it is not worth it to send someone from this team this time [14:11:45] * JamieBennett nods [14:12:24] <james_w> I'm also going to be having a discussion with Scott B about how the Landing Teams and Platform can work better, specifically around new hardware support (new hwpacks and additions to linaro-media-create) [14:12:56] <james_w> and the final thing is that we are looking at whether we can improve our tracking of the requirements process leading up to UDS [14:13:08] <james_w> so discussions around blueprints, UDS scheduling etc. [14:13:27] <james_w> there's nothing decided there yet, but it is likely to require a bit of work from us to change some of our tools to cope [14:13:54] <james_w> that's all I have, it's been a quiet week for meetings [14:14:09] <JamieBennett> I have a couple of things here [14:14:43] <JamieBennett> * svammel is in the process of having its license approved, got positive feedback from most companies now [14:15:12] <JamieBennett> I also have two questions [14:15:29] <JamieBennett> so I'll just go ahead and ask them :) [14:15:54] <JamieBennett> deepti: is the current situation that you have not been approved travel for UDS this time around? Is this likely to change or is it final? [14:16:47] <deepti> JamieBennett: I think it will not change .. I will not be travelling for UDS this time [14:16:57] <james_w> :-( [14:17:01] <james_w> that's a shame [14:17:02] <JamieBennett> deepti: OK, thanks for the confirmation [14:17:22] <JamieBennett> mabac: same question to you, are you still seeking approval or has it been decided? [14:18:13] <mabac> I have verbal confirmation that is it ok, and I can go. But there's no progress on the actual formal approval. [14:18:30] <JamieBennett> mabac: OK, thats encouraging at least :) [14:18:50] <JamieBennett> mabac: do you know when formal approval will be likely? [14:19:24] <mabac> I would have hoped that it'd be sorted out weeks ago. But there are two management levels involved currently. [14:19:44] <JamieBennett> mabac: anything james_w or I can do or is it all internal? [14:19:45] <mabac> So I'll bug my direct manager tomorrow and hope he can poke his manager... [14:20:10] <mabac> It's internal cost-awareness stuff only. [14:20:18] <JamieBennett> OK, thanks for the update [14:20:22] <mabac> Sure. [14:20:51] <JamieBennett> james_w: with mwhudson working on LAVA now will it impact the stakeholder projects we currently have (or are in the pipe)? [14:21:05] <james_w> JamieBennett, mwhudson isn't working on LAVA at this time [14:21:13] <JamieBennett> james_w: but it is planned? [14:21:18] <james_w> it's not decided [14:21:43] <JamieBennett> OK, do we know when the decision will be made on mwhudson next project? [14:22:04] <james_w> we are currently discussing if there is a need for someone else to help with validation's LAVA project, and mwhudson was suggested as a good candidate [14:22:43] <james_w> we are still discussing if adding someone would help, and whether mwhudson is the right person for that (given the effect it would have on our team) [14:23:11] <JamieBennett> OK, let me know the outcome of the decisions (or cc me) as it affect two of my teams of course [14:23:12] <james_w> this would obviously impact what the team was able to get done, but we haven't made any concrete decisions yet [14:23:22] <james_w> JamieBennett, of course [14:23:27] <JamieBennett> thanks [14:23:43] <james_w> we will likely discuss it at the Platform Leads meeting later [14:23:47] <JamieBennett> OK [14:23:52] <JamieBennett> [14:25:33] <james_w> thanks JamieBennett [14:25:45] <james_w> does anyone else have any questions they would like to ask? [14:26:00] <mabac> I don't [14:26:53] <deepti> james_w: nope [14:27:14] <james_w> [TOPIC] Any other business [14:27:21] <james_w> I guess that's take care of then [14:28:44] <james_w> thanks all for your time [14:28:48] <james_w> #endmeeting Meeting ended.
internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2011-03-15 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:58:28)