21st December 2010

People Present

  1. iansmith
  2. james_w
  3. zyga
  4. deepti1
  5. springz
  6. mirsad

Agenda

Action Items from last Meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Action Items this Meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Escalate IT Issues

iansmith

Cancel meetings until rally and update team

2010-12-24

iansmith

Complete

Minutes IRC (Transcript)

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[14:02:37] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Actions from last meeting
[14:03:07] <iansmith> We seem to be doing well on these, since we closed the outstanding items, we haven't opened any :-)
[14:03:28] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Progress (in brief)
[14:03:47] <iansmith> james_w: Would you like to start this week?
[14:04:05] <james_w> working again on the status tracking project
[14:04:20] <iansmith> james_w: How is that progressing?
[14:04:25] <james_w> also discussions around the team changes etc., preparing for vacation, and code reviews etc.
[14:04:35] <james_w> it's been slower this week, as other things have encroached
[14:05:07] <iansmith> james_w: Is Jamie happy with the burndown charts etc.? The last I saw communication died out!
[14:05:33] <james_w> I think so
[14:06:13] <iansmith> james_w: So are you adding the additional reporting as per Stephen Doel's requests?
[14:06:25] <james_w> yes
[14:06:43] <iansmith> james_w: When do you think that will be complete?
[14:07:09] <james_w> there will be something for a demo to the TSC at the rally, and then changes based on that
[14:07:31] <james_w> so should all be done by the end of Jan
[14:07:37] <iansmith> james_w: Excellent, thank you.
[14:08:01] <iansmith> james_w: Is that everything?
[14:08:15] <james_w> yes
[14:08:27] <iansmith> zyga: Did you want to go next?
[14:08:34] <zyga> iansmith, sure
[14:09:06] <zyga> iansmith, last week was mostly about getting toolchain working group test data output into the dashboard
[14:09:30] <zyga> I extended some of our tools to make that happen, it's not finished yet as I was somewhat distracted by other tasks
[14:09:58] <iansmith> zyga: What were you distracted by? Which tools did you have to extend?
[14:10:06] <zyga> I have ffmpeg benchmark parser which works quite well, the other ~20 parsers differ by a few lines from that so getting them ready should not take long
[14:10:25] <zyga> I was distracted by core launch-control work, lots of goodies landed last week
[14:10:30] <zyga> outstanding branches
[14:10:37] <zyga> new features (reports)
[14:10:44] <zyga> deepti's first branch has landed
[14:10:50] <zyga> (some review work there as well)
[14:11:03] <zyga> I also packaged (by now) two third party dependencies I want to use
[14:11:39] <iansmith> zyga: I'm glad to hear you were busy ;-)
[14:11:40] <zyga> I extended some of our own tools to such as linaro-json and linaro-dashboard-bundle and lc-tool to make the toolchain WG parser
[14:12:10] <zyga> lc-tool now has pluggable commands using python' setuptools, parse-gcc-log is using that to be invoked
[14:12:34] <zyga> linaro-json has a metaclass based schema definition which linaro-dashboard-bundle uses to both define our schema and construct objects
[14:13:05] <zyga> that's all I guess, I'll finish the parsers and push existing historical data into d.l.o
[14:13:09] <zyga> hopefully sometime this week
[14:13:50] <iansmith> zyga: Thank you. That sounds as though it would be nice to have that completed this week!
[14:13:55] <james_w> what about speed.pypy.org?
[14:14:03] <zyga> oh, I did some of that too
[14:14:07] <zyga> I talked with the upstream guys
[14:14:17] <zyga> it looks promising, I need to continue that but I didn't get to finish it
[14:14:36] <zyga> I'll return to that once I have the parser out
[14:14:52] <iansmith> zyga: What is this?
[14:15:08] <zyga> iansmith, reusing speed.pypy.org in our dashboard
[14:15:23] <zyga> so that we could see things like gcc improvements (or issues) on a per-revision chart
[14:15:26] <zyga> neat stuff
[14:15:34] <zyga> written in django, quite reusable
[14:16:11] <iansmith> zyga: That sounds very useful! Thank you.
[14:16:12] <zyga> it would need some changes and new features so I started talking with the author
[14:16:44] <iansmith> zyga: Will the author add the features you are seeking?
[14:17:14] <zyga> it's not likely but I would hope to get his support in doing this (branch not fork). This is pypy lack-of-money issue really
[14:17:26] <zyga> the feature is getting sensible reports when testing on different hardware
[14:17:35] <zyga> they decided not to do that as they just have one server
[14:17:50] <zyga> and we do that since day 1 and need this feature to make sane reports
[14:18:27] <iansmith> zyga: I see the need. Thank you.
[14:18:31] <iansmith> deepti1: Would you like to go next?
[14:18:35] <deepti1> iansmith: sure ..
[14:19:36] <deepti1> Worked on the completion of Test Run detail View along with the tests for the same.. It has been accepted and merged . I am now continuing to improve the same.
[14:19:36] <deepti1> I did review of zymunt's one branch ..
[14:19:57] <deepti1> iansmith: I will be on vacation from Friday dec 24 till jan3 .. will update the same on calendar
[14:20:10] <iansmith> deepti1: Well done on getting your first branch landed.
[14:20:29] <deepti1> iansmith: Thanks.. Zyga guided me :)
[14:20:37] <deepti1> iansmith: Thanks to him as well..
[14:20:41] <iansmith> deepti1: Thanks re: your leave - I think most Canonical people are off that time as well.
[14:21:02] <iansmith> zyga: Thanks for the help with Deepti's branch!
[14:21:13] <zyga> iansmith, it was my pleasure :)
[14:21:28] <iansmith> zyga: It didn't sound like you had time :-)
[14:21:56] <deepti1> iansmith: thats all I have..
[14:22:00] <zyga> you find time for important stuff :)
[14:22:19] <iansmith> deept1: Thanks.
[14:22:37] <iansmith> springz: Did you want to tell us about your work this week?
[14:22:44] <springz> iansmith: yes
[14:23:17] <springz> iansmith: I extend a comprehensive test plan on mx51evk, which covers more modules and include more test cases than headless one
[14:23:26] <springz> on on https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/QA/TestCases/IMX51EVK
[14:23:51] <springz> Paul gave me some comments too, and I have done some modifications
[14:24:06] <iansmith> springz: Thank you - I'll have a look at the link later.
[14:24:25] <springz> iansmith: ok
[14:24:43] <iansmith> springz: Is that all your news?
[14:25:20] <springz> iansmith: I plan to add more test cases on different modules
[14:25:43] <iansmith> springz: Thank you.
[14:25:47] <iansmith> mirsad: Hi! Sorry,I missed your arrival! Did you want to tell us your progress?
[14:26:41] <mirsad> yes, sure
[14:26:48] <mirsad> sorry I was late
[14:26:57] <iansmith> mirsad: No problem!
[14:27:20] <mirsad> I have not done so much, tried to prepare some more test cases last week
[14:27:38] <mirsad> will add them tomorrow to the link that Paul gave me
[14:28:06] <iansmith> mirsad: Thank you.
[14:28:15] <mirsad> I got an Ubuntu laptop (borrowed) to use for Linaro
[14:28:35] <iansmith> mirsad: And how do you find Ubuntu?
[14:28:35] <mirsad> but I have no root access, cannot install anything
[14:29:12] <mirsad> Ubuntu is installed by STE IT support
[14:29:30] <mirsad> but it is very restricted, as I see now
[14:29:30] <iansmith> mirsad: Not having root access is about as much use as a chocolate teapot I guess ;-)
[14:29:46] <mirsad> yes, that is really bad
[14:30:34] <iansmith> mirsad: Can you try working on the people in STE from your side, and I will see if pressure may be exerted from this side too!
[14:31:09] <mirsad> I would appreciate your action ;)
[14:31:51] <iansmith> [ACTION] iansmith to escalate IT issues.
[14:32:08] <iansmith> mirsad: Is that all your news?
[14:32:41] <mirsad> yes - except the new tasks from Paul, but that is in the pipeline, yet to come
[14:33:02] <iansmith> mirsad: OK, many thanks.
[14:33:04] <iansmith> Have I missed any one?
[14:33:35] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Any Other Business
[14:33:50] <iansmith> Are there any topics that need to be raised?
[14:33:51] <james_w> https://wiki.linaro.org/Internal/Events/2011-01-LinaroSprint
[14:34:45] <james_w> zyga, deepti1: neither of you seem to be on that list. Are you both attending the sprint in January?
[14:35:00] <zyga> james_w, hmm
[14:35:04] <deepti1> james_w: No i would not be able to..
[14:35:08] <zyga> james_w, I'm sure I added myself to some list
[14:35:19] <james_w> deepti1, ah, ok, that's a shame
[14:35:37] <deepti1> james_w: :)
[14:35:48] <zyga> ah, I added myself to ubuntu list, I'll do it here too
[14:35:55] <iansmith> I can't load the page at the moment - Spring - are you on there?
[14:36:51] <springz> iansmith: ah, yes, I have added
[14:37:04] <iansmith> springz: Thank you.
[14:37:32] <springz> I booked the flight last week
[14:37:37] <iansmith> james_w: Is anyone else missing?
[14:37:46] <iansmith> springz: Thanks for the update!
[14:38:04] <james_w> nope, I don't think so
[14:38:15] <iansmith> james_w: Thank you.
[14:38:21] <springz> mirsad: will you come also
[14:38:26] <iansmith> Is there anything else we need to raise?
[14:38:38] <mirsad> springz: yes, I will
[14:38:50] <zyga> I would officially like to request end of the winter season ...
[14:38:50] <james_w> I don't think it will be worth having a meeting next week?
[14:39:37] <iansmith> zyga: Why, haven't you got enough snow, and cold - -20degC and 1m+ of snow? England has ground to a halt with -10degC and a few inches of snow!
[14:40:43] <iansmith> james_w: I thought I cancelled next week's meeting - or did I forget? In short, I won't be on the meeting next week!
[14:40:43] <zyga> iansmith, I have, that's why I don't want any more :)
[14:40:58] <james_w> I didn't see a cancellation
[14:41:13] <iansmith> zyga: You could give me some snow - I want to make a nice igloo!
[14:41:28] <james_w> I also won't make the first meeting of the new year
[14:41:38] <iansmith> james_w: I will check and cancel the meeting - and email confirmation if it has been cancelled!
[14:41:50] <james_w> It's likely that the meeting won't continue in this form after the rally due to the team split
[14:42:21] <james_w> obviously we'll communicate new arrangements when they are made
[14:42:23] <iansmith> james_w: Is it worth cancelling the 4th Jan meeting as not much will happen imbetween?
[14:42:31] <zyga> iansmith, hardly funny ;-)
[14:42:36] <james_w> it could be
[14:42:42] <zyga> iansmith, I hope that next year I don't see any snow
[14:44:16] <iansmith> OK, is there anything else?
[14:46:29] <iansmith> No?
[14:47:53] <iansmith> OK, I wish you all a good holiday season, and a happy New Year.
[14:48:14] <deepti1> iansmith: Thanks wish you the same..
[14:48:38] <iansmith> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2010-12-21 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:34)