7th December 2010

People Present

  1. iansmith
  2. zyga
  3. deepti
  4. mirsad
  5. springz
  6. plars
  7. salgado
  8. james_w
  9. martohls

Agenda

Action Items from last Meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Action Items this Meeting

Action

Due

Assigned to

Status

Minutes IRC (Transcript)

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[14:04:08] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Review actions from last meeting (https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2010-11-30).
[14:04:53] <iansmith> These actions are easy, as we closed them all last week!
[14:05:14] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Platform Rally - Meetings to plan, format (for those new to Linaro) ...
[14:05:38] <iansmith> I just thought it might be worthwhile mentioning the Platform Rally in January.
[14:05:38] <zyga> deepti, hi
[14:05:50] <deepti> zyga: Hello..
[14:06:06] <iansmith> deepti: Afternoon!
[14:06:10] <mirsad> iansmith, what is Platform Rally?
[14:06:13] <deepti> iansmith: Hello
[14:06:31] <springz> iansmith: is there a web page
[14:06:56] <iansmith> The Platform Rally is being held in January, and there is a web page (I'm sure someone will by now have it to hand).
[14:07:02] <zyga> mirsad, it's a physical meeting to do some work together
[14:07:52] <iansmith> In addition, it gives the opportunity to meet people who you work with, and get to hear about other aspects of the organisation.
[14:08:47] <iansmith> In June (?) we also arranged a number of meetings, and made pans for what we needed to resolve at that venue.
[14:08:58] <mirsad> is it the Dallas event you mean?
[14:08:59] <springz> Jan. Linaro and Ubuntu Platform Sprint?
[14:09:15] <iansmith> yes - to both!
[14:09:45] <springz> https://wiki.linaro.org/Events/2011-01-LinaroSprint
[14:10:32] <iansmith> If we could start thinking about any meetings we should have/ any issues that we want to discuss and resolve, it may be worth planning some time with the right people now - so we can guarantee those meetings.
[14:11:21] <mirsad> iansmith, that sounds good - will there be some more detailed agenda
[14:11:35] <iansmith> I think the time between now and c. 8th January will pass very quickly. Especially with some of us taking 10 days off (or so) at the end of the year.
[14:12:37] <iansmith> If June was typical, the Infrastructure team had a room where we sat and worked - and used other rooms to hold other meetings if necessary.
[14:13:04] <iansmith> There was also a regular set of talks each day we could attend.
[14:13:48] <iansmith> If we can start thinking about what we want to achieve in Dallas, then we can start making our own agenda for the week.
[14:14:15] <iansmith> plars:Afternoon! How's Cambridge - and the cold and damp? :-)
[14:14:31] <plars> iansmith: indeed
[14:14:37] <springz> plars: hello
[14:15:07] <plars> Hi everyone, sorry I'm late
[14:15:10] <iansmith> If anyone wants to know more about Dallas, let me know later, and I will explain as much as I can!
[14:16:02] <iansmith> plars: You haven't missed much - just Actions (none) and talk about the Platform Rally - and my encouraging us to think if we want any meetings etc.
[14:16:38] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Brief summary of week's progress (All)
[14:16:59] <iansmith> If we can have a brief summary of your week's progress...
[14:17:18] <iansmith> Perhaps Salgado, you may be so kind as to start this week?
[14:17:49] <salgado> I've benn working mostly on converting linaro-media-create to python
[14:17:57] <salgado> and reviewing some code
[14:18:21] <iansmith> salgado: Thank you
[14:18:33] <iansmith> zyga: Did you want to be next?
[14:18:43] <zyga> iansmith, sure
[14:18:50] <springz> salgado: will linaro-media-create become entirely python code?
[14:18:56] <salgado> yes
[14:19:00] <plars> springz: eventually
[14:19:16] <zyga> iansmith, I was discovering the wonders of documentation about my sudden disease as I was not able to work during much of last week
[14:19:41] <zyga> iansmith, but I'm recovering quickly and spent some time working on launch-control test cases
[14:19:50] <iansmith> zyga: I am fascinated - will you be better by the sprint?
[14:20:20] <zyga> iansmith, yes, I should be okay but ultimately I'll know more tomorrow after visiting the hospital for a check
[14:20:34] <iansmith> zyga: I hope it goes well tomorrow.
[14:21:00] <iansmith> james_w: Would you like to be next?
[14:21:37] <james_w> I have been working on blueprint tracking, including a branch for LP that is waiting to land after they unfreeze for rollout, and some changes to the work items tracker to make it work for Linaro
[14:22:17] <iansmith> james_w: When will the unfreeze happen?
[14:22:26] <james_w> this week sometime
[14:23:00] <iansmith> james_w: Will the work item burndown charts also be completed this week?
[14:23:08] <james_w> I hope so
[14:23:31] <james_w> I think I have made most of the necessary changes, so it's just getting them reviewed and rolled out
[14:23:32] <iansmith> james_w: If we can keep Jamie advised, I am sure he would be grateful!
[14:23:47] <james_w> he is aware
[14:23:56] <iansmith> james_w: Many thanks
[14:24:22] <iansmith> deepti: Would you like to let us know what you have been working on this week?
[14:25:06] <deepti> sure... I have been learning django for working on the test result tracking and been discussing issues I come across in django with zyga.. Thanks to zyga hes been helpful..I have started doing some changes to the launch-control
[14:25:20] <deepti> to start ..
[14:25:53] <deepti> thats pretty much wat I have been able to do this week
[14:25:59] <iansmith> deepti: Thank you.
[14:26:24] <iansmith> martohls: Would you like to let us know what you have been working on this week?
[14:26:34] <martohls> yes...
[14:26:49] <martohls> the last week I've been working on porting linaro-media-create, but
[14:26:57] <martohls> I've had trouble running the tests for l-m-c, which
[14:27:04] <martohls> comes from the fact that I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, where some packages aren't compatible to the ones on 10.10.
[14:27:14] <martohls> this highlights another problem; I have no rights to run needed commands to update the packages on my ST-E computer
[14:27:24] <martohls> I've been harassing my managers and the IT department for a solution
[14:27:32] <martohls> I don't think they really understand the needs for the Linaro community work
[14:27:36] <iansmith> martohls: Are you not allowed to run 10.10?
[14:27:40] <martohls> Salgado has helped me a lot to run a virtual python env as a workaround, thanks for that :)
[14:27:53] <martohls> iansmith: not yet
[14:28:16] <iansmith> martohls: Is there anything I can do to help?
[14:28:20] <martohls> They need to setup some special solution for my case
[14:28:46] <iansmith> martohls: Thank you.
[14:28:52] <zyga> martohls, I can offer a simple solution
[14:28:54] <martohls> do you know the responsible Linaro people on ST-E?
[14:28:56] <zyga> martohls, use virtualbox or qemu
[14:29:10] <springz> martohls: just upgrading, but I'm using 10.04 also
[14:29:11] <zyga> martohls, it can make you work despite laggy IT staff
[14:29:46] <zyga> iansmith, but that's a valid concern in general, I have also updated to 10.10 and I'm not sure if all of my code works on 10.04
[14:29:51] <martohls> zyga: yes that's a solution if they cannot give me the upgrade
[14:30:03] <salgado> martohls, you'd still need to get them to install it
[14:30:07] <plars> martohls: also, I hear that there is no hwpack for STE boards for 11.05
[14:30:25] <zyga> martohls, samsung guys use vmware to work around similar policy mandating everyone to use windows
[14:30:55] <martohls> it seems like most people suffer from the same problem
[14:31:26] <martohls> plars: what do you mean with that?
[14:31:33] <iansmith> martohls: I think IBM, ARM and Canonical people are OK. I'm not sure about anyone else!
[14:31:57] <springz> martohls: can not install Ubuntu on PC?
[14:32:04] <plars> martohls: http://snapshots.linaro.org/11.05-daily/linaro-hwpacks/
[14:32:06] <deepti> zyga: martohls cant we use KVM to create a virtual guest for 10.10 and work with it .. this does not require windows..
[14:32:20] <plars> no ux500 hwpack
[14:32:43] <plars> it's not even queued up to build, trying to find out why
[14:32:55] <martohls> ok, I understand
[14:33:33] <iansmith> plars: Is that an Infrastructure issue - or is it something more basic? Should I look into this?
[14:33:41] <deepti> zyga: martohls KVM works on Linux..
[14:34:00] <martohls> how is responsible for the hwpacks?
[14:34:02] <plars> iansmith: I'm not sure, I heard about it from mirsad this morning and was looking into it to see why
[14:34:10] <martohls> is it the landing teams?
[14:34:27] <iansmith> plars: If there is a problem, and I can help, please let me know!
[14:34:48] <iansmith> mirsad: Would you like to let us know what you have been working on this week?
[14:35:31] <mirsad> yes, sure: although not much, I have managed to start looking into additional test plan for ux500
[14:35:55] <mirsad> and most likely will start producing and publishing test cases tomorrow
[14:36:15] <iansmith> mirsad: Is the test plan waiting for the 11.05 build?
[14:36:34] <mirsad> no, i can actually base it on 10.11
[14:36:56] <mirsad> to start with, if i don
[14:37:07] <mirsad> if i don't get hwpack
[14:37:24] <iansmith> mirsad: Thank you.
[14:37:29] <iansmith> springz: Would you like to let us know what you have been working on this week?
[14:37:53] <springz> yes..validation on Linaro 11.05 Alpha1 release on mx51evk, and logged on qatracker, also submit bugs,
[14:38:00] <springz> then continue to work on MX51evk headless test plan
[14:38:30] <iansmith> springz: Thank you.
[14:38:33] <iansmith> plars: Would you like to let us know what you have been working on this week?
[14:38:58] <plars> iansmith: mostly riding on a lot of airplanes I'm afraid
[14:39:19] <plars> iansmith: and specing hardware for some automated testing efforts to be kicked off soon
[14:39:32] <plars> iansmith: I'll have more details on that in the coming days
[14:39:42] <iansmith> plars: Many thanks.
[14:39:49] <iansmith> Did I miss anyone?
[14:40:03] <springz> plars: seems http://qatracker.linaro.org/ can't login, some page script error
[14:40:26] <plars> springz: known problem, it's not just ours
[14:40:31] <plars> springz: but I'll look into it
[14:40:46] <iansmith> [TOPIC] Any Other Business
[14:41:09] <iansmith> Is there anything else anyone would like to discuss? Any problems/ burning issues?
[14:42:41] <iansmith> OK, if there is nothing else, we can meet again in 1 - or 2 week's time.
[14:42:49] <iansmith> Thank you.
[14:43:03] <springz> Thanks
[14:43:07] <deepti> Thanks .. bye..
[14:43:11] <james_w> thanks
[14:43:20] <iansmith> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/Meetings/2010-12-07 (last modified 2013-08-23 01:59:40)