Monday April 8th 2013
This month's meetings
<< < 2013 / 1 > >>
- Matthew Gretton-Dann
- James Elliott
- Christophe Lyon
- Yvan Roux
- Venkat Kumar
- Kugan Vivekarandarajah
- Zhenqiang Chen (on vacation)
LLVM + Libs & Dev Tools:-
- Renato Golin (on vacation)
- Will Newton
- Mans Rullgard
- Omair Javaid
- Peter Maydell
- Richard Earnshaw (absent)
- Ramana Radhakrishnan (absent)
- Review activity last week
- Discuss plans for coming week
- Raise any issues holding up progress
Action Items from this Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- [Matt / Christophe] Discuss Cbuild disk full cleanup
- - Still waiting for the results from cbuild. Because of many merges
(pre-release week), there are a lot of jobs in the queue
- Libsanitizer: - tried to understand why isatty(2) returns true when executing the testsuite via qemu.
- Neon intrinsics codegen:
- - benchmarking in bare-machine shows that GCC is actually ~5% faster than RVCT on this sample codec. - to be further discussed internally
- Neon intrinsics testsuite:
- - looking at FP16 support.
- Turnoff 64bits ops in Neon:
- - backport in 4.8 done by Matt during the release merges.
- Arndale: a few attempts to use it, but it's still unstable.
- Internal support
- Disable-peeling: Analyze bench results when available.
- Revert-coalesce-vars: Analyze bench results when available.
- Libsanitizer: contine isatty(2) study wrt qemu/expect.
- Neon intrinsics: check internally for other codecs
- Boehm-gc AArch64 support backport in GCC:
- - Ping maintainers, no response yet.
- Libunwind AArch64 support:
- - No significant improvements, task preempted by review roster.
- Merge request review roster:
- - Lots of reviews done and ongoing to prepare 4.6, 4.7 en 4.8 releases.
- Libunwind AArch64 support:
- - Fix and submit upstream.
- gc sections tests
Completed adding gc-section test cases. 1. TLS and GOT tests. http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-03/msg00273.html 2. PLT tests. http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-03/msg00273.html
- Evaluate gprof work.
There is one function hook "find_call" which is machine dependent and is written for i386.c/sparc Then there are changes in configure.in to add architecture details.
- 1-1 with Matt.
- Continue gprof support work for Aarch64
- benchmarking coremark with VRP based extension elimination
- extension elimination in some cases affecting other optimizations
- With this improvements are marginal (details below)
- study crc where extension elimination is resulting in bad code - Find a solution
- All ARM build-bots GREEN! Hurray!!!
- - Improving sort comparison functions makes output reproducible on all
- - Fixed fpcmp, which fixes sqlite3 report - A bad commit broke lots of tests, reverted
- - Adding a self-hosting check-all Pandaboard
- - In theory, it works, but config is not perfect yet
- Arndale - Suse image is not stable enough, installed Linaro (325)
- - Fathi got GCC bootstrapping with it, should work
- - Still got network issues, may be the mac address - Someone could liaise with Dave Pigott to get a new MAC on the DHCP
- EuroLLVM 2013 - Badges, finishing touches
- Holidays next week, then
- Check with Galina about Beagle bots
- Finish Panda self-host + test-suite A9 bot
- Gather info and hardware for 3.3 release tests
- Plan for the future!
LIBS & DEV TOOLS:-
- Short week (2 days)
- Tested memcpy on big endian.
- Updated newlib memcpy patch.
- More digging into glibc IFUNC.
- Try and get newlib mempcy patch accepted.
- On vacation last week
- Continue with glibc funcs
- (Matt requested Mans put list of fns on wiki.linaro.org)
- Investigated gdb test cases that are failing on arm-remote gdbserver configuration.
-- Fixed some failures by updating host cross compiler version -- Fixed some failures by fixing environment issue where not being loaded properly. -- All test cases that need to build a shared library and transfer it to remote target FAIL due to problems which seems like dejaganu limitations.
- Ran GDB test suite on x86_64 remote gdbserver configuration and compared performance of same configuration on arm.
- Got most documentation ready for Ireland Visa application, still waiting on invitation letter and hotel booking details.
*** Still No blue-print available to log work in JIRA.
- Investigate compiler version specific and general failures on arm remote gdbserver configuration.
- Start on investigation/fixing of arm specific failures in gdb test suite results.
- Submit Ireland visa application after receiving invitation letter and hotel booking details.
- Planned Holiday
-- Planned Day off on Friday 12th April 2013 for car checkup in workshop.
- qemu maintenance
- * arm-devs pull request (and associated code review, etc)
- VIRT-4 [Guest migration support for KVM]
- * VIRT-49: implement cp15 sync with kernel
- ** some forward motion, but partway through realised some work
- I thought had been committed last year hadn't been, so:
- * VIRT-73
- ** new work item, covering updating the migration state for the
- CPU itself to use VMState structures, by updating, testing and tweaking some patches from Juan Quintela from last year
- ** have done the 'update' part; tests and tweaks still todo
- 2 days maintenance, 2 days Virtualisation - migration.
- To look at Chromebook / Arndale / TC2 suitability for dev / test
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2013-04-08 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:49:36)