Thursday 10 January 2013

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2013 / 1 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

EtherPad

Attendees

* Performance Call (AM)

  • Christophe Lyon
  • Renato Golin
  • Matt Gretton-Dann
  • Zhenqiang Chen

* Standup Call (PM)

  • Matt Gretton-Dann
  • Bryce Dobry
  • Yvan Roux
  • Christophe Lyon

Performance Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Next steps discussions:
    • Vectorizer Cost
    • LRA
    • Shrinkwrapping
    • Branch cost Logical op short circuit

Action Items from this Performance Meeting

  • TODO: Christophe to update Hot/Cold partitioning bugzilla
  • TODO: mgrettondann: benchmark on Hold/Cold partitioning
  • TODO: Zhenqiang - Post debug info issues to linaro-toolchain
  • TODO: Zhenqiang look at logical short circuit benchmark results more significantly
  • TODO: Renato investigate improving ARM cost model.

Action Items from Previous Perfomance Meeting

  • TODO: Christophe to update Hot/Cold partitioning bugzilla
  • TODO: mgrettondann: benchmark on Hold/Cold partitioning
  • SUPERCEDED: Christophe to look at the loop peeling cost

Performance Call Minutes

  • GCC Vectorizer cost model
    • Have some benchmarking results back (not SPEC)
    • Difference overall is ~0% but different benchamrks vary between -3% and +3%
    • SPEC - build backlogs
    • PandaBoard ES - will be purchase to clear up the build backlogs.

  • 64-bit Ops patch
    • Pinged.
  • Shrinkwrapping
    • Debug info issues
    • ARM Changes have shown new issues
    • Working through updating the patch
    • TODO: Zhenqiang - Post to linaro-toolchain
  • Logical op short circuit branch costs
    • TODO: Zhenqiang look at benchmark results more significantly

* LLVM Vectorizer cost model

  • Renato checking testsuite runs for correctness with vectorizer cost model turned on.
  • TODO: Renato investigate improving ARM cost model.

Standup Call Minutes

Brice:

  • Work through ICE when bootstrapping ARM on LRA branch at a previous revision
  • Working through another ICE at head
  • Working through running benchmarks using QEMU.

Yvan:

  • Giving courses at university
  • Finish merge review for 4.6 and 4.7 requests.
  • Plan to be back on Boehm GC.

Matt:

  • Getting ready for Connect

Christophe:

  • Waiting for results of benchmarking for Vectorizer Cost Model
  • See comments above

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2013-01-10 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:47:41)