Monday 12th March 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 3 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Attendees

  • Andrew Stubbs
  • Åsa Sandahl
  • Matt Gretton-Dann
  • Michael Hope
  • Peter Maydell
  • Ramana Radhakrishnan
  • Richard Earnshaw
  • Zhenqiang Chen

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Conference calls, Hangouts
  • makecontext() is in Precise
  • 64 bit divide by constant
  • Release week
  • Moving on to 4.7
    • Announcements
  • Benchmark changes
    • DENBench and uuencode
    • SPEC and ref runs
  • Asa handover
  • NE10
  • OpenEmbedded card

  • multilib
    • Two ARMv4 posts in a week, baremetal A15

Action Items from this Meeting

  • TBA

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • ACTION: Check 4.7 against 4.6. Is it always better?

Minutes

Past action items:

  • Still outstanding

Conference:

  • Conference calls, Hangouts
  • Switch the asia/pacific incoming to the US number

News:

  • makecontext() is in Precise:

64 bit divide by constant:

  • Came out of kernel optimisation meeting
  • For later than Strong ARM
  • From the NEON in the kernel session

Release week:

Moving on to 4.7:

  • Announcements

Hard float:

  • Switch with Precise
  • As we're already invalidating things

Benchmark changes:

  • DENBench and uuencode
  • SPEC and ref runs

Asa handover:

  • Leaving unfortunately

NE10:

  • Compare hand written, vectoriser, and intrinsics
  • See if we have coverage
  • Apache license is unfortunate - not compatible with the GPL v2, half with the GPL v3

multilib:

  • Two ARMv4 posts in a week, bare metal A15
  • Hard float, feel bad about not having a softfp libgcc at least
  • R&M are working on something probably for October release

  • Perhaps include the current patch?

Blueprints that haven't been discussed:

  • Michael will pick a few and put on the performance call agenda

Shrink wrap:

  • Is now in 4.7
  • Isn't implemented in the backend
  • Will do on a feature branch as it needs a lot of testing

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-03-12 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:48:57)