Monday 5th March 2012
This month's meetings
<< < 2012 / 3 > >>
- Andrew Stubbs
- Åsa Sandahl
- Ken Werner
- Matthias Klose
- Michael Hope
- Peter Maydell
- Ramana Radhakrishnan
- Richard Earnshaw
- Rusty Russell
- Ulrich Weigand
- Zhenqiang Chen
- Review action items from last meeting
- 4.7 release
- Now auto building 4.8, 4.7, dropped 4.5
- Import status
- Sunspider as a benchmark
- longlong and add routine
- KVM status
- Single zImage
Action Items from this Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- DONE: Michael to send Ken links to existing cards re: style
- DONE: Michael to recover data from the hard drive
- DONE: Michael to send email to linaro-toolchain re: benchmark variants
- ACTION: Richard will consider driving Cauldron ARM BoF
Reviewed past actions:
Asa will merge Michael's notes and put under WorkingGroups/ToolChain
- See the agenda
- The 4.7 import is still running
- Michael has escalated internally as well
- Want 4.7 with 2012.04
- Will send an email re: 4.6 going into maintenance, 4.5 end of life
- Got a bootstrap failure
- Due to differences in debug information?
- Grab .badcompare as part of the build?
- Has got the miscompare locally but the build didn't fail
- Simple to rebuild if you want
- 4.8 is open so start pushing
- ACTION: Check 4.7 against 4.6. Is it always better?
Sunspider as a benchmark:
- Summary of Ramana's email
- Sunspider is only valid workload
- Spend their time being JITted
- Seems like a valid workload
- Only a few functions, not universally applicable, but a valid workload
- The V8 benchmark spends all the time in JIT so skip
- Decision: don't instrument, assume no affect
longlong and add routine:
- Michael will submit a patch deleting
- Single zImage
- Things in validations queue
- dmart's ARM tree
- Or Marc's tree?
- Or our own? Blessed?
- Christoffer's is the head of integration
- Aside: API mismatches, do a dev version number to check?
- Can happen all the way up to KVM next
- Run tests against a different branch?
- Guest kernel?
- Works provided you have the config right
- Christoffer doesn't generally merge from Marc
Dragon Egg is now available in Precise.
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-03-05 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:50:30)