Monday 9th January 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 1 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

Attendees

  • Andrew Stubbs
  • Åsa Sandahl
  • Ken Werner
  • Michael Hope
  • Peter Maydell
  • Ramana Radhakrishnan
  • Richard Earnshaw
  • Ulrich Weigand
  • Rusty Russell
  • Matthias Klose

Agenda

Action Items from this Meeting

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • DONE: Michael to ucontext check with Dave re: upstreaming and assign if not
  • ACTION: Michael to see what release tests we do across Linaro

Minutes

EGLIBC?

  • 2.13 vs 2.15?
  • Currently having regressions in the testsuite
  • dlopen() regressions on many architectures
  • 2.15 would be nice as it implements IFUNC on ARM
  • LP: #893605
  • (Note that Debian is still 2.13)
  • ACTION: Michael to have a peek

PR48308:

  • Ramana and Richard are talking
  • Has someone it so good

Minimum version of GCC to build GCC?

  • ACTION: Michael to ask gcc-help about minimum versions

GCC reviewers:

  • Andrew's OK with it
  • ACTION: Michael to change Richard's name to Andrew's

Handing off things:

  • Read through
  • Asa will check the lint one and comment
  • QEMU release?
    • The way the git trees are done is tricky
    • Release process is written up
    • End up having a local-ish patch stack
    • Uses git patch stack
    • ACTION: Peter and Rusty to talk

O3 writeup:

  • Correctness:
    • Use OpenEmbedded as a testsuite

    • Use our binary toolchain
    • Minimal thing is 'core minimal image' which boots into a shell
    • Others like sato and qt
    • Currently trying to build using our compiler
    • and is failing while starting init...
  • Performance (Asa)
    • See the notes on the page
    • Pretty close to what she's already on
    • ACTION: Asa to do a run on current tip
    • ACTION: Michael to add benchmarking to the jobs list
  • Actual improvements
    • Partial-partial PRE would be nice, is expected
    • 64 bit operations? Stuck on a bug
      • Will try with one patch
  • Size
    • Michael thinks on-disk size and RAM is most important
    • Matthias has done this before on other architectures
    • Packages end up at some place in Launchpad, would have to ask how to create images
    • Shows up as a repository - could use multistrap or similar to build
    • Rusty wants to find free memory in static state
    • Asa: add -Os to her list
  • Anything else you need to know?
    • Not really - build time?

Release week:

  • Original fault has been fixed
  • Ramana wants to check for regressions first
  • Anything that needs to be in? No

Rusty joined!

  • Representing the half hour timezones of Australia

GDB release:

  • No changes as 7.4 isn't out yet
  • ...and remote core file is still in discussion

Should we merge the announcements?

  • To ponder...

KVM medium term:

  • See the link
  • Have existing models that we may need to audit
  • May need LPAE earlier rather than later

Archive rebuild with GCC 4.7:

  • Only one ICE over 2500 packages
  • Ramana is looking, but there might be data corruption

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-01-09 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:48:28)