Monday 8th August 2011

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2011 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

Attendees

Agenda

  • Release week next week
    • Update to SVN
  • Unwinding status
  • String routines and libc-ports

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Dave to contact server guys on our side re: getting it into Ubuntu
  • ACTION: Andrew to contact Matthias re: kicking the import, then merge

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • TBA

Minutes

Release week:

  • Outstanding branches look good
  • Dave: waiting on 64 bit atomics stuff
    • Ramana has done some, some still to go
    • Last ping? Two weeks since initial post
    • Ping away
    • Who's on the hit list? Commentors on the original mail. Joesph?
    • ACTION: Dave to contact server guys on our side re: getting it into Ubuntu
  • ACTION: Andrew to contact Matthias re: kicking the import, then merge

Unwinding:

  • Got initial remote unwinding using PTRACE working last week
  • Bit hacky due to the remote interface being strange
  • Will start sending upstream, finish up this week?
  • Initial use case was inside Android using debuggerd
  • Process dies, opens socket, dumps PID, debuggerd takes over
    • Different process -> remote backtracing

  • debuggerd uses the GCC unwinding code via PTRACE instead
  • Also handles floating point
  • Will integrate to show that it works

String routines:

  • Joesph has replied
  • Tweaks needed
  • Wide or deep first? One routine everywhere, or all routines?

QEMU Linaro release:

  • Away at the conference
  • Will run things early
  • Can he hand of to Dave if need be?
  • Re-syncing git trees is the problem
  • Michael volunteers Dave to help if Peter runs out of time
  • Peter's off to the KVM forum. Linux Con North America after that

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2011-08-08 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:47:37)