Monday xxxx xxxx 2011
This month's meetings
<< < 2011 / 7 > >>
Vinod Bernie - integration work Ulrich Michael Richard Ricardo Andrew Marcin Ramana Matthias Dave Mandella Adam Conrad
- Current state
- ARM specific
Action Items from this Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- Discussion happened at UDS
- Has blueprints, specification
- Have a toolchain separate from sysroot
- Sysroot can come multistrap
- Generates rootfs with only the packages that you want
- Can skip base files
- Might be able to add packages in place in the future
- Generating cross Ubuntu toolchain from Ubuntu packages
- Using Ubuntu GCC as a base as it has ultiarch, multilib, other patches
- Note that most patches are build or configuration related
- Currently fails due to multiarch integration
- ARM might consider in the future
- Isn't designed to handle ARMv5 vs ARMv7 etc
- How does this work with Windows?
- Can just turn it off...
- ARM asks this as they need to be consistent in the features supported
- In the near term we can turn multiarch off
- RHEL v5
- If it works there it can work anywhere...
- "Provide an up-to-date, validated binary build of the current Linaro Toolchain outputs that run on Linux and Windows and can be used to build programs for the LEB"
- Would like one or two sysroots pre-packaged
- libc-dev ('Hello world')
- ...and one per image
- Ubuntu Desktop (might be 4 GB... even more with Debug)
- REQUIREMENT: have debug packages
- Other languages...
- Fortran, ObjC, ObjC++?
- Come for free with pacakging
- Fortran, ObjC, ObjC++?
- Linaro are A9, NEON, Thumb-2
- ARM Inc are happy with these as defaults
- Primiarily example images that run with DS-5
'If they can run the example program on example image on a BeagleBoard then that's fine'
- Cygwin pathnames?
- Generally good
- Add RHEL 5
- CentOS is close
- Prefer to buy to actually test
- System directory poisoning?
- Turn on?
- ACTION: investigate and recommend
- Tarball first
- No installer to start
- QEMU on Windows?
- No need from ARM Inc side
- Ship at the moment, but only a nice to have
- Works fine on Windows
- To make it useful adds higher requirements to sysroot
- Has to match target exactly else it gets confused
- Without Python support?
- Has wider library requirements?
- Do you need ARMv5 support?
- Could pull straight from the sysroot
- Doing for all the GCC customers, not just DS-5?
ACTION: Michael talk with Marcin, Riccardo about schedule
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2011-08-03 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:48:44)