Monday 30th May 2011

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2011 / 5 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

Attendees

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Walled gardens
    • Are we working as part of mainline?
    • Are we contributing to mainline at the right level? Patches? Test results? Builds? Bug reports? Triage? Review?
      • Does mainline know we exist?
      • ...that we have consolidation branches?
      • ...and do they know the purpose and contents?
      • Do they feel they can get involved with the consolidation branches?
  • Now have TeleBench, AutoBench - see [Internal/Toolchain]

  • Exception table sizes (Ken)
  • SPEC libc write up (Dave)
  • 771900 - profiled bootstrap

  • 721531 - testing the Thumb bit on function pointers

Action Items from this Meeting

Action Items from Previous Meeting

Minutes

(The UK has a bank holiday) (Wednesday is a German holiday)

Walled gardens:

  • Will leave until we have the full group

EEMBC:

  • How does everyone use it?
  • IBM has their own version
  • Ira: builds with with cross, copy it to device, run with -autogo, use default iterations
  • Revital: used the Linaro number of iterations
    • For Telecom, didn't look into it, use defaults or something similar
  • Chung-Lin: EEMBC is run using a automated system, using standard configuration
    • Don't need to standardise running, as long as the reported is standardised
  • Licensing problems kick in

Exception tables:

  • Ken linked off to his build results on the wiki KenWerner/Sandbox/libunwind#overhead_of_the_ARM_specific_unwind-tables

  • Shows a text size and file size increase
  • Numbers are always under 10 %, normally under 5 %
  • Some cases the text size got smaller...
  • Could be build system related, is pretty confident that Firefox was built correctly though
  • Would like to add eh frame information to see the upper limit

Working around issues using GCC version numbers:

  • Discussion has gone upstream
  • Conversational
  • We'll see how it plays out

Is anyone going to the GCC London Google unconference?

  • Will ask again later in the week

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2011-05-30 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:49:16)