Thursday 5th May 2011

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2011 / 5 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

Attendees

Agenda

  • Any Issues?
  • Status

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Andrew to do another merge from FSF 4.5
  • ACTION: Andrew to follow up problem 2 within CS.

Minutes

  • Issues
    • Richard: When do we want changes merged for next release (two weeks time)?
      • Andrew: will spin releases on Monday or Tuesday before the Thursday release, so please have the branches merged by the end of next week. Preferably high risk merges sooner.
    • Andrew: Recent BZR screw-up (history was accidentally rewritten).
      • 4.4/4.5/4.6 branches have all been set to 'append-only' mode.
        • If this has any unintended consequences please say so.
      • Decided not to 'correct' the history retrospectively.
        • All changes are present, if reordered.
        • Only one commit message was lost.
        • Changing it now might cause problems for anybody who has branched since the accident.
    • Status
      • Ulrich
        • GCC
          • Fixed profile bootstrap failure upstream
          • Asked when this will be merged into linaro 4.5?
            • Two issues with profile bootstrap on Linaro 4.5
              1. The upstream bug
                • will be fixed by the next import.
              2. A CS patch causes a divide by zero.
            • ACTION: Andrew to do another merge from FSF 4.5
            • ACTION: Andrew to follow up problem 2 within CS.
        • GDB
          • Committed patches to FSF and Linaro to fix a major bug.
          • Committed support to Linaro for NEON core files.
            • will push to FSF when upstream kernel support is done.
              • the kernel patches are delayed by ARM kernel issues
      • Peter
        • Catching up following vacation.
        • Google Summer of Code student accepted
          • starting 'community bonding period'
        • QEMU 2011.05 will have no changes due to vacation and UDS.
          • Michael Hope suggests spinning a release anyway to match Linaro 11.05.
      • Chung-Lin
        • Having some trouble testing on QEMU
          • Peter: QEMU version is last official release which is old now, but doesn't really know what the problem might be.
          • Investigation needed.
      • Ira
        • Looking at optimization opportunities in FMPEG.
          • investigation Autovectorization
      • Richard
        • Committed all Vectorization changes for this release.
        • Still has some merge requests in progress.
      • David
        • Profiling Spec
        • Debugging apt-get segmentation fault
          • apt is fundamental, so the bug has killed almost all package builds.
          • tracked to a linker bug in the implementation of Cortex-A8 errata workaround.
          • a fix has been committed upstream
            • we need to get Ubuntu to update from upstream (Matthias Klose?)
      • Revital
        • Working on SMS support for ARM.
      • Ken
        • Working on libunwind
          • learning about signal frame layout
          • tried modifying trampoline on stack - work well
      • Ramana
        • Reviewing upstream patches
        • Setting up Spec2K on local machine
          • -Ofast doesn't do much on Cortex-Ax, but might be worthwhile on ARM11
        • Thumb2 performance blueprint
      • Andrew
        • Working on 16->64-bit multiply-and-accumulate optimization

        • Merged my approved merge requests.
        • Panicked about the BZR trouble (see above).

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2011-05-05 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:50:35)