Monday 23rd August 2010

This month's meetings

<<MonthCalendar: execution failed [Argument "anniversary" must be a boolean value, not "workinggroups/toolchain/meetingtemplate"] (see also the log)>>

Attendees

Agenda

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Chung-Lin to move the list of other backports out of the CSL wiki and into Linaro
  • ACTION: Michael to re-check with TSC that we can assign copyright but keep ability to relicense
  • ACTION: Yao to continue on GDB for a week then switch to investigation
  • ACTION: Peter to check into the state and progress of valgrind for the meeting on the 30th.

Action Items from Previous Meeting

Minutes

Tickets:

  • Went through the open tickets in the agenda
  • Andrew will backport the SMP changes, including the sync primitives
  • Andrew will backport the A9 changes
    • Most of the changes should come through easily
    • There is a write after write hazard
    • Currently uses the new cost infrastructure
    • Backport the cost infrastructure if it will be used further in the future

4.6 branch:

  • Andrew suggested starting a 4.6 branch after the start of stage 3
    • Start landing patches early
    • When FSF 4.6.0 comes out, we will have a corresponding Linaro 4.6.0
  • ACTION: Chung-Lin to move the list of other backports out of the CSL wiki and into Linaro

String routines:

  • Richard asked about the response
  • Michael had replies from Roland McGrath (http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2010-08/msg00029.html) but not the wider gcc-sc

  • All other architectures are LGPL and FSF assigned
  • The current approach is to assign a particular version to glibc
  • Could cause a small maintenance problem in the future
  • Richard isn't sure that we can assign copyright of a particular version
  • ACTION: Michael to re-check with TSC that we can assign copyright but keep ability to relicense

4.6 backports:

  • Talked about the approach for backporting 4.6 features
  • Won't backport every single change as then Linaro 4.5 becomes FSF 4.6
  • Backport correctness fixes as the problem is found
  • Backport performance changes as they occur
  • Discussed how upstream could be tracked
    • Notification of any CSL or ARM authered changes will come from them
    • All changes are supposed to go through gcc-patches

    • Andrew notes that gcc-cvs provides a filtered view of what actually landed

    • At least monitor these lists and search for ARM|Thumb|NEON|XSCALE|Cortex|Coretx|VFP|Snapdragon|OMAP

Michael noted that IBM are interested in the ARM compiler and plan to get involved soon.

Michael has asked again for A9 hardware. No news yet.

Future:

  • Would like to spend some time soon running invetigrations to spit out some blueprints
  • ACTION: Yao to continue on GDB for a week then switch to investigation
  • Andrew noted that there is one more person to come from CSL
  • Will ask that person to do investigation
  • Richard is keen to see the blueprints to check against what ARM is doing
    • Michael asked for information about their planning process so that we can line things up

Valgrind:

  • Peter noted that the valgrind changes have been committed upstream
  • ACTION: Peter to check into the state and progress of valgrind for the meeting on the 30th.

Next meeting is a stand-up meeting on 2010-08-25 on the public code.

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2010-08-23 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:49:42)