Monday 2nd August 2010

This month's meetings

<<MonthCalendar: execution failed [Argument "anniversary" must be a boolean value, not "workinggroups/toolchain/meetingtemplate"] (see also the log)>>

Attendees

Agenda

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Michael to organise and spread next Monday's call in number
  • ACTION: Richard to ask the GCC developers on IRC what the status of 4.4.5 is
  • ACTION: 500524 Ulrich to backport to Linaro 4.4

  • ACTION: Test failures: Michael to build FSF 4.4.4 as a baseline
  • ACTION: Test failures: Michael to compare FSF and Linaro GCC failures
  • ACTION: Test failures: All Linaro GCC failures to be ticketed
  • ACTION: LTO check on ARM: Michael to reproduce
  • ACTION: Ulrich to write up known GDB work
  • ACTION: 598147: Michael to reproduce the test failures

  • ACTION: 398403: Andrew to reproduce on his IGEP board (has more RAM)

  • ACTION: Michael to make sure merge requests are present for work that has been done

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • ACTION: Michael to organise and spread next Monday's call in number
  • DONE: Michael to re-check release dates and suggest something
    • Set to the second Tuesday of each month. Lines up with other Linaro releases quite well.
  • DONE: Michael to rename the intermediate milestone
    • Set to 2010.08-0. Created 2010.09-0 for the next.
  • DONE: Loic to find the Chrome OS contact name for the records
  • DONE: Ulrich to confirm PowerPC approach with Matthias
    • Confirmed that reverting the PowerPC changes is OK

Minutes

  • Reviewed the action items from the previous meeting
  • Reviewed the high-priority tickets
  • Merging 4.4.5
    • Michael is unhappy with merging for next weeks release unless 4.4.5 comes out in the next few days
    • Richard went through the announcements. Last was for 4.4.4 on April 30.
    • 4.4.5 is due around now
    • Expect that the GCC team are focused on 4.5.1 instead
    • ACTION: Richard to ask the GCC developers on IRC what the status of 4.4.5 is
  • 500524

    • Ulrich has done upstream in 4.4.5
    • A small change, unlikely to cause correctness regressions, may cause performance regressions
    • ACTION: Ulrich to backport to Linaro 4.4
  • GCC test suite
    • Michael asked what level of failures are acceptable
    • Richard said that the FSF GCC has never been completely clean on ARM
    • Failures may exist upstream
    • In the future, should investigate all and fix
    • For now, investigate regressions
    • ACTION: Michael to build FSF 4.4.4 as a baseline
    • ACTION: Michael to compare FSF and Linaro GCC failures
    • ACTION: All Linaro GCC failures to be ticketed
      • Regressions marked as 'test regression' with Medium severity
      • Existing failures to be marked as 'test failure' with Low severity
    • Wiki page Toolchain/UbuntuRegressions has triage from earlier

  • Ulrich noted that fixing 500524 in Linaro will overlap with Ubuntu toolchain maintainer's current 4.4.4+svn patch

    • Michael said that it is the responsibility of the Ubuntu toolchain mainter to manage that
    • Linaro will notify them on the change
  • Discussed LTO
    • Michael sees LTO tests fail on gcc-linaro-4.5 on ARM with --enable-languages=c,c++
    • Assumed it was binutils related
    • Ulrich: shouldn't be as GCC does most of the work
    • ACTION: Michael to reproduce
  • Future work
    • Focused on GCC at the moment
    • Need medium term plan
    • Focused on the core toolchain
      • GCC
      • Binutils
      • GDB
      • eglibc
    • New hire specialises in qemu and will focus on that
    • Multiarch is written up, unsure if we've agreed to do the work
    • ACTION: Ulrich to write up known GDB work
  • Medium severity tickets
    • 598147

      • May be three issues in one ticket
      • Issues due to hardening, now fixed
      • Stack crash due to invalid usage
      • Extra test failures
      • ACTION: Michael to reproduce the test failures
    • 398403

      • ACTION: Andrew to reproduce on his IGEP board (has more RAM)
  • Ongoing work
    • ACTION: Michael to make sure merge requests are present for work that has been done

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2010-08-02 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:48:29)