Describe WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Resources/How-To-PM-debugging here.
This Wiki is about to collect PM related tools or ways.
1. Virtualization activity of suspend and resume( from pm-graph)
2. Virtualization of boot process
This tool reuses a lot from analyze_suspend.py, but it focuses on the Linux boot up. It tracks the boot activity, such as initcalls.
3.Virtualization of PM activities and Power data
This tool focuses on analyzing power consumption along with kernel PM related activities, such as irq, wakeup source, cpuidle and cpufreq.
1. Get raw data
- 1.1 Capture power data from power supply 1.2 Capture trace events sync with power data, with trace events filter enabled
2. Analyzing data
- 2.1 Add an offset to power data capture time to show power data and ftrace in the same timeline. 2.2 Analyze the ftrace data to figure out the kernel PM related activities
3. Output analyzing
- 3.1 Show power data curve and PM activities in the same timeline chart
- 3.2 Output a summary of the test
With this tool, we can know which interrupt triggers the resume, which process holds the wakeup source and how long, the current cpuidle status, the frequency of CPU, then compare it with power consumption curve.
WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Resources/How-To-PM-debugging (last modified 2017-09-07 00:45:28)