PM WG weekly status meeting

Wednesday, 11-30-2011

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Mike Turquette

mike.turquette@linaro.org

mturquette

Vincent Guittot

vincent.guittot@linaro.org

vingu

Amit Kachhap

amit.kachhap@linaro.org

amitdk

Steven Jahnke

steve.jahnke@linaro.org

frautha?

Daniel Lezcano

daniel.lezcano@linaro.org

dlezcano

Mounir Bsaibes

mounir.bsaibes@linaro.org

mounirb

Robin Randhawa

robin.randhawa@arm.com

?

Lorenzo Pieralisi

lorenzo.pieralisi@arm.com

?

Agenda

New Action items

  • Mounir to send Roadmap presentation to Dmitry
  • Mounir to follow up on the NDA for cpuidle/prcmu drivers with Tony Masson.
  • Amitk to follow with David Russling on Common struct review by Thomas
  • Amitd verify that Thermal management is working for Samsung platform, then make sure it is integrated into Linaro-kernel.
  • Mike to connect with Rajendra about clock Device Tree binding
  • Daniel - Bring Dmitry up to speed on cpuidle isolation

Old Action Items

  • Rob to send a note to Deepak for clarification on the new kernel process, Continuous Integration, with Linux tip. The question is what happens if there are patches that they are not upstreamed yet but needed for a particular board, should these patches be integrated with the Landing Teams kernels?
  • AmitD to study new patch (cpuidle use of timer to reach deeper sleep state) and check if it is useful
  • AmitK to figure out what powersupply PNWG needs for use for measurement - close
  • Amitk to contact Kevin Hillman about which NIDAK to use - Trying to get Dave to talk about his H/W dungle. - close
  • Mike to follow up with Dave Anders to send a schematic how to solder a resistor across VBAT, power measurement.

Minutes

  • Announced the 2 cards that will be done this quarter: thermal management and common clock
  • Dmitry reported that they will get boards by next Monday
  • Mike reported that he published V3 of clock struct all feedback were positive.
    • IMX have ported the clock to their platform, they have published 8 patches will have to republish after v4 is out.
  • AmitD Integrated the hwmon based mainline tmu sensor in the generic thermal interface, addednecessary function to export the temp data, Added the functionality to tie trip information to a cooling level. Will upstream it shortly.
  • Daniel did some small cpuidle cleanup, but did not receive much feedback.
    • Need the NDA to be signed to get docs for PRCMU.
    • Meanwhile will try to factor out the common code for ARM cpuidle while waiting on ST-E NDA.
  • releases: we will not do new releases of powertop, powerdebug and power-qa if there are no fixes or features

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2011-11-30 (last modified 2011-12-01 17:35:30)