PM WG weekly status meeting

Wednesday, 28-09-2011

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Mike Turquette

mike.turquette@linaro.org

mturquette

Vincent Guittot

vincent.guittot@linaro.org

vingu

Amit Kachhap

amit.kachhap@linaro.org

amitdk

Steven Jahnke

steve.jahnke@linaro.org

frautha?

Daniel Lezcano

daniel.lezcano@linaro.org

dlezcano

Mounir Bsaibes

mounir.bsaibes@linaro.org

mounir

Robin Randhawa

robin.randhawa@arm.com

?

Lorenzo Pieralisi

lorenzo.pieralisi@arm.com

?

Agenda

New Action items

  • AmitK to figure out what powersupply PNWG needs for use for measurement
  • Amitk to contact Kevin Hillman about which NIDAK to use
  • Mike to send a schematic how to solder a resistor across VBAT, power measurement. carry over
  • Rob to test sched_mc patch on i.MX6 and give feedback carry over
  • AmitD to send content of /proc/interrupt on Samsung board to Daniel
  • Amitk to set a Connect Session to discuss with Graphics WG about Graphics & Power management

  • Rob to send an email to the group to solicit feedback on a generic cpuidle driver

Old Action Items

  • AmitK to talk to Paul Larson about remote Power supply, what they use on the lab. Granularity in Watts, will not work for PMWG.
  • Mike to send a schematic how to solder a resistor across VBAT, power measurement.
  • Rob to test sched_mc patch on i.MX6 and give feedback
  • Amit D. and Daniel to get together to get some cgroup+cpuset measurements from Samsung board.

Minutes

  • Once the git.linaro.org is up, Daniel will update the script to handel cpui-set, to do cpui isolation, for AmitD to take measurements.
  • Feedback on the monthly release, postmortem. Team did not mention any issue, seems the process is working fine for the PMWG.
  • Planning for Orlando
    • hacking session around Common clk , maybe will invite Qualcom,
    • Thermal Management - similar to what we did in Cambourne
    • general discussion session
    • sched_mc - will schedule a session in the morning Amit will co-ordiante with Vincent
    • DevFreq - Frequency scaling

    • Graphics and Power Management
  • Cpuidle optimization - Rob
    • The current issues are more organizational than functional
    • Russel wants one generic cpuidle driver that any anyone can use, not just i.mx. the i.mx6 driver is generic enough to be use.
    • currently the cpuidle do not take into consideration that all core has to be powergated, cannot powergate one core. New Governor is needed to take this into account.

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2011-09-28 (last modified 2011-09-29 15:50:06)