PM WG weekly status meeting

Wednesday, 13-07-2011

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Vishwanath Sripathy

vishwanath.sripathy@linaro.org

vishwas

Mike Turquette

mike.turquette@linaro.org

mturquette

Amit Kachhap

amit.kachhap@linaro.org

amitdk

Steven Jahnke

steve.jahnke@linaro.org

frautha?

Mounir Bsaibes

mounir.bsaibes@linaro.org

mounir

Robin Randhawa

robin.randhawa@arm.com

?

Agenda

New Action items

  • ACTION: Robin to see if the thermal sensor is ready for their hardware. We need Tuscan, kernel tree, hwmon driver and working cpufreq
  • ACTION: Amit to publish tree with base 4460 patches, sched_mc
  • ACTION: Vishwa to publish OMAP DVFS tree based on consolidation tree
  • ACTION: Mike to publish hotplug governor tree
  • ACTION: Amit Daniel to publish powertop android fixes to mainline and host in linaro git tree
  • ACTION: Mike to update blueprints work items with what he's doing
  • ACTION: All: GET WEEKLIES AND BLUEPRINTS UPDATED BY END OF TUESDAY EACH WEEK
  • ACTION: Amit Daniel to study Lorenzo's S&R code and give feedback

  • ACTION: Amit Daniel to fix a time with Lorenzo to hack on Samsung S&R code

Old Action Items

  • ACTION: Steve to see about geting 4460 Panda Board to Cambridge (for thermal demo and hacking): DONE (Not available)
  • ACTION: Vincent to update test script for sched_mc: DONE
  • ACTION: Amit K. to follow up with Daniel (upon his return from holiday) to integrate Vincent's script into PM QA test script: PENDING
  • ACTION: Rob Lee to try out sched_mc patches on i.MX53 and more interestingly i.MX6x boards: DONE
  • ACTION: Rob Lee to review Yong's CPU_Idle patches and push to mainline: PENDING
  • ACTION: Vishwa, Amit Daniel, Rob to try out Vincent's patch with and w/o sched mc, run the test script and share the results: PENDING
  • ACTION: Amit K. to discuss monthly powerdebug blueprints with Daniel and Mounir: PENDING

Minutes

  • Panda 4460 not available yet; will not be available for Cambridge. Current thermal work done on 4460 "big board" development platforms and are in very short supply. Try to use ARM's hardware platform
  • ACTION: Robin to see if the thermal sensor is ready for their hardware.
  • If thermal sensor available, will try to port over the thermal framework to ARMs hardware during Cambridge.
  • Vishwa to continue to try and build with own kernel on existing Linaro filesystem.
  • Amit to continue to integrate all PMWG's patches
  • Rob to continue to push IMX hardware and cpuidle patches to mainline.
  • Amit to sync with Andy's tree to try to pull in 4460 patches. Keep dvfs and thermal as topical branches.
  • GET WEEKLIES AND BLUEPRINTS UPDATED BY END OF TUESDAY EACH WEEK.
  • Save and Restore code
    • Lorenzo needs feedback
    • Amit Daniel to study code and prepare to spend a day or so with Lorenzo in Cambridge to port over Samsung S&R code to use common code

  • Project Management
    • try for continuous integration (instead of a single tar ball at the end of the month) of powedebug and powertop to help Ubuntu and Android LEB's
    • enable sched_mc for ARM can happen this month, mark the WI for this month
    • smp_cpui_idle code consolidation WI's update, Mike will handle
    • Meeting minutes to be done on Wednesday, so the status report can be done before the Release meeting on Thursday

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2011-07-13 (last modified 2011-07-14 08:05:31)