PM WG weekly status meeting

Wednesday, 27-01-2011

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Vishwanath Sripathy

vishwanath.sripathy@linaro.org

vishwas

Yong Shen

yong.shen@linaro.org

yongs

Vincent Guittot

vincent.guittot@linaro.org

vingu

Amit Kachhap

amit.kachhap@linaro.org

amitdk

Steven Jahnke

steve.jahnke@linaro.org

frautha?

Torez Smith

torez.smith@linaro.org

torez

Bobby Bhatacharia

bobby.bhatacharia@arm.com

bobbyb_arm

Srinivas Kalaga

srinivas.kalaga@arm.com

srinivas_arm

Robin Randhawa

robin.randhawa@arm.com

?

Mounir Bsaibes

mounir.bsaibes@linaro.org

?

Agenda

New Action items

  • ACTION: Steve to use whatever means necessary to carry on thermal policy work, thermal framework interface can happen in parallel
  • ACTION: Amit Daniel and Vishwa to try out hotplug scripts to get more feedback about the latency
  • ACTION: Vishwa and Vincent to try out menu-governor exercising script for more feedback about performance
  • ACTION: Torez to publish instructions to wiki and push new tests to git

Old Action Items

  • ACTIVE:
    • ACTION: Steve - send out pointer to Mike's hotplug governor patches: DONE
    • ACTION: Vincent - post script and hotplug tracepoint patch to test hotplug latency: DONE
    • ACTION: Amit Daniel - Script an automated test for menu governor performance testing: DONE
    • ACTION: Torez - Send link to QA wiki page when done: Postponed
    • ACTION: Vishwa - Send OMAP-specific cpuidle tracepoint patch to Nico: DONE
    • ACTION: Vincent - Work with Vishwa to patch pytimechart for new power tracepoints in 2.6.38: Postponed
    • ACTION: Vishwa - Close ondemand governor blueprint with link to patch: In progress
    • ACTION: Amit K. - send list of new powerdebug features to list:
    • ACTION: Vishwa - Create new blueprint for OMAP DVFS work and push changes to Linaro: Postponed
    • ACTION: Srinivas: Check if Versatile Express has any thermal sensors: DONE
    • ACTION: Srinivas: Enquire about status of talking to community about the causality tool for power profiles: Indefinitely postponed
    • ACTION: Robin: Get back with details on how to split access into secure and non-secure context: PENDING
  • DORMANT :
    • ACTION: ARM: results of using PMU counters for correlation to PM: POSTPONED
    • ACTION: ARM to share internal instrumentation flow (BAB: we might also align with Linaro on workload discussions): POSTPONED

Minutes

  • Hotplug tests
  • Menu governor
    • ACTION: Try the script on TI and ST/E platforms
    • Why is there no loss of performance?
    • Interrupts? How many?
  • QA wiki
    • Problem with Dashboard 3 integration
    • ACTION: Torez to publish instructions to wiki and push new tests to git
  • pytimechart fixes
    • Vincent neeeds 2.6.38 cpuidle traces
    • ACTION: Vishwa to send traces to Vincent
    • Interest in integrating board power draw into pytimechart
  • OMAP DVFS
    • in progress, framework + omap3 patches sent for review
    • OMAP4 still WIP
  • Versatile Express
    • Has a thermal sensor but no Linux driver
    • Needed to play with thermal policy
  • Thermal
    • Policy manager is a currently a C-based daemon, code drop expected in 2-3 weeks
    • ACTION: Steve to use whatever means necessary to carry on thermal policy work, thermal framework interface can happen in parallel

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2011-01-27 (last modified 2011-01-27 14:34:39)