Wednesday, 13-10-2010

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Amit Arora

amit.arora@linaro.org

amitarora

Vishwanath Sripathy

vishwanath.sripathy@linaro.org

vishwas

Yong Shen

yong.shen@linaro.org

yongs

Vincent Guittot

vincent.guittot@linaro.org

vingu

Bobby Bhatacharia

bobby.bhatacharia@arm.com

bobbyb_arm

Srinivas Kalaga

srinivas.kalaga@arm.com

?

Robin Randhawa

robin.randhawa@arm.com

?

Agenda

  • People
  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Weekly reports

  • Blueprint status: List of blueprints

  • 11.05 cycle updates
    • Blueprints, work items
  • Miscellaneous topics

Action Items from this Meeting

  • Robin: Get back with details on how to split access into secure and non-secure context
  • Everyone: Breakdown the blueprints assigned to you into work items
  • Srinivas: Talk inside ARM about making context save/restore code available.
  • Yong: Make sure all blueprints under meta-miscellaneous have work items
  • Vincent: Make sure all blueprints under meta-multicore have work items
  • Vishwa: Make sure all blueprints under meta-cpuidle have work items
  • Amit K: Make sure all blueprints under meta-cpufreq have work items

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • Immediate:
    • Robin: Get back with details on how to split access into secure and non-secure context: PENDING
    • Vishwa: Provide problem statement to Robin: DONE
    • Everyone: Breakdown the blueprints assigned to you into work items: INPROGRESS
    • Everyone: help testing linaro images
  • DORMANT :
    • ACTION: ARM: results of using PMU counters for correlation to PM
    • ACTION: Amit K to spend some time on usecase to reproduce ondemand governor problems: POSTPONED
    • Amit K (added post meeting): looking into merging linux-pm branch for OMAP into Linaro
    • ACTION: ARM to share internal instrumentation flow (BAB: we might also align with Linaro on workload discussions)
      • Might take couple of months
    • ACTION: Amit K to talk to jeremy about power domain framework: DONE
      • Jeremy needs help, will revisit in a few weeks
    • ACTION: Srinivas to provide details of where he believes userspace - kernel interaction is required. (low prio)
    • ACTION: ARM to discuss giving out internal Eclipse based tool (similar to powertop) (no ETA as of now)
    • ACTION: Amit Kucheria and Vishwa to get inputs from community on the issues related to CPUIDLE governor: POSTPONED until instrumentation work

Minutes

  • Common code for ARM context save/restore
    • Currently OS-agnostic C code running in simulators
    • Does page-table setup and other OS-related work
    • OS integration might get rid of a lot of that code
    • Idea is to allow Linux to save non-secure context and transfer to ROM to save secure context
  • LDS
    • Discussion on room layouts, session layout, meetings

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2010-10-13 (last modified 2010-10-13 08:55:07)