Wednesday 11/08/2010

This month's meetings

<<MonthCalendar: execution failed [Argument "anniversary" must be a boolean value, not "workinggroups/powermanagement/meetingtemplate"] (see also the log)>>

Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Amit Kucheria

amit.kucheria@linaro.org

amitk

Amit Arora

amit.arora@linaro.org

amitarora

Vishwanath Sripathy

vishwanath.sripathy@linaro.org

vishwas

Bobby Bhatacharia

bobby.bhatacharia@arm.com

bobbyb_arm

Srinivas Kalaga

srinivas.kalaga@arm.com

?

Yong Shen

yong.shen@linaro.org

yongs

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Blueprint status

Blueprint

Assignee

Master blueprint for PM WG

amitk

PM Tools

amitarora

CPUIdle

vishwanath-bs

  • HW governers - Yong

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Amit A to get review and then post powertop patches to powertop list upstream
  • ACTION: Amit A to look at power supply framework
  • ACTION: Amit K to look at getting powertop kernel patches applied to Linaro kernel tree
  • ACTION: Vishwa to send instrumentation patches to linaro-dev
  • ACTION: Vishwa to send usecase to reproduce ondemand governor problems
  • ACTION: Amit K to spend some time on usecase to reproduce ondemand governor problems

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • ACTIVE (Immediate):
    • ACTION: Robin and Srinivas to target the ftrace patches for upstream.: Carry forward
      • Srinivas to clarify what tree/branch is being used for this work
    • ACTION: Amit K to send email regarding power aware scheduling by Intel (CONFIG_SCHED_MC & CONFIG_SCHED_SMT ?) Yes! : DONE

      • /sys/devices/system/cpu/sched_*
    • ACTION: Yong Shen to test Amit Arora's powertop patches and powerdebug tool: DONE
    • ACTION: Yong Shen to investigate plugging in cpufreq framework for freescale boards: DONE
    • ACTION: Amit Arora to creat a new wiki page for instructions on how to setup your own git repo on git.linaro.org : DONE
    • ACTION: Amit K to talk to jeremy about power domain framework: DONE
      • Jeremy needs help, will revisit in a few weeks
    • ACTION: Amit Arora and Yong to discuss about reporting sensor information (hwmon, or some other source for ARM?): DONE
      • hwmon not much used
      • camera goes to v4l
      • battery goes to supply class
      • omap4 - temperature sensor exported to hwmon
      • power supply class support to be added
  • ACTIVE (Long Term) :
    • ACTION: Srinivas to provide details of where he believes userspace - kernel interaction is required. (low prio)
    • ACTION: Bobby to check on multi-core boards availability (request open)
    • ACTION: ARM to discuss giving out internal Eclipse based tool (similar to powertop) (no ETA as of now)
    • ACTION: Amit Kucheria and Vishwa to get inputs from community on the issues related to CPUIDLE governor: POSTPONED until instrumentation work
  • DORMANT :
    • ACTION: ARM to share internal instrumentation flow (BAB: we might also align with Linaro on workload discussions)
      • Might take couple of months

Minutes

  • Reporting sensor information (hwmon, or some other source for ARM?): DONE
    • hwmon not much used
    • camera goes to v4l
    • battery goes to supply class
    • omap4 - temperature sensor exported to hwmon
    • power supply class support to be added to powerdebug
  • Blueprint status
    • Tools : Amit has posted a new request to test and review the patest powertop patches. Waiting for feedback.
    • cpuidle: instrumentation work being tested, OFF mode is broken. Will post patches to linaro-dev
  • HW Governor
    • Freescale chips produce interrupts based on cpu load (DVFS controller)
      • load thresholds programmed into drivers
      • the load calculation window is programmable???
    • OMAP doesn't have anything similar
      • something exists for L3 load
    • SW governors
      • ondemand governor period is constant

WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Meetings/2010-08-11 (last modified 2010-08-11 09:09:37)