PM WG Weekly report
High-level summary (from tech lead)
Invidividual reports (from team members)
- Amit Kucheria
- Example: Wrote code for XXX, submitted to lkml (supply a link)
- Example: investigated XXX
Example: worked on bug 123456 - fix released, incorporated into Ubuntu
- Example: discussions with upstream on XXX
- Vishwanath Sripathy
- Yong Shen
- Vincent Guittot
- Amit Daniel Kachhap
- Steve Jahnke
- Learned "the Linaro way" in terms of blueprints, etc. Basically how things are done in Linaro
- Open: need access to linaropm mailing list as well as ownership of user space policy blueprint. Requests sent by Vishwa to appropriate people
Researched heavily Runtime PM as well as prior mail traffic on how it can be used in OMAP. A good solution for I/O and currently do not see any reason why it is not applicable to all SoCs in concept.
- Researched heavily PM QoS as well as prior mail on how it is applied on OMAP. Will be the lynchpin of providing the hooks for device quality to be fed into PM Core. Issue right now seems to be heavily tied to latency (ie wakeup) and bandwidth only. Note sure yet how this can be tied into hotplug but we will most likely need to expand on these fields to get a generic hotplug infrastructure in place.
- Main item that seems to be missing is to how to get a generic, device "hotplug" infrastructure in place. We are focused on CPU cores right now, but the same concept should apply to all devices - cores, memory, peripherals, etc. This seems to be the only true hook missing to give all needed parameters to a user-space policy manager
- Open: begin researching how a generic hotplug infrastructure could be added.
- Once generic hotplug has been added into place, will then focus on an interface to all common module interfaces for a user space policy manager.
WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Archives/Old-WeeklyReports/2010-12-16 (last modified 2013-08-22 10:47:46)