- Period: (2011-09-09 to 2011-09-15)
PM: Mounir Bsaibes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Status
Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-pm-wg.html
Key Points for wider discussion
Invidividual reports (from team members)
- The PMWG will handle the common struck clk work, going forward
- Steve Jahnke gave thermal talk at Linux Plumbers Conference Was pretty well received. Got a lot of comments and feedback from not just upstream, but also other Si vendors (Intel, Nvidia, Qualcomm).
- Basic feedback was that existing framework SHOULD be able to handle what we need (governor structure, etc.) so we should submit patches to that first.
- The more complex items (tying multiple sensors into a single thermal zone) would be welcomed additions so we should propose and take the lead here
- Samsung: Hosted the thermal sensor driver, thermal governor , cooling devices and the DVFS fixes that are not in mainline
- Started testing sched_mc features in samsung exynos board.
- Continuing the work on imx cpuidle driver, modifying code to be more community friendly and testing and fixing issues for compatibility with i.MX6Q.
- Initial tests on the cpuidle menu governor showed some significant power inefficiency for some contexts, will discuss the findings with Linaro PMWG.
- Studying the impact of flags and fields of struct sched_domain in scheduling policy
Risks / Issues
- PMWG is taken over for the common struct clk work, Mike Turquette will be 100% absorbed by this work, need to complete/re-assign Mike's current work.
WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Archives/Old-StatusReports/2011-09-15 (last modified 2013-08-22 10:38:21)