Time/Place

Place: #linaro-meeting on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net

  • Time: Tuesday at 1300 UTC

Agenda

Standing Agenda

 * [TOPIC] Review Actions
 * [TOPIC] Review Team Status 
 * [TOPIC] New Business

Update from the meetings this week

  • Changes: Mandeep Kumar is not contributing to Linaro work, so some planning is necessary. As such, Ilias has asked Rony Nandy to look after JPEG-turbo for 1107 release, providing the release and any necessary highlights to release management. This plan-B should be confirmed with Kurt once he is back from vacation by Mon 11 July. Ilias has already shared all the needed info with Rony for jpeg-turbo, and information related to the Android side of the work has been shared (with thanks to Zach for his support)
  • As a result of this change sending the public plan review presentation to the TSC was postponed till Kurt has a new version of the plan.
  • Details for the 1107 release: release manager will be Mounir Bsaibes with other project managers also helping where needed (Anmar Oueija and Usman Ahmad).
  • Dates for 1107:
    • 21.07 release is made for the final week of integration and testing. There could be some items from Multimedia which may need a bit more time - given the recent changes
  • Public plan review: this is still planned to take place on 13 or 14 of July. Final date will be determined next week.
    • The blueprints for the work now look to be mostly in shape. Still to cover
      • Userspace UMM - see action item below for robclark to clarify
      • Jpeg-turbo - due to the change this will need to be revised in order to meet the 1107 and beyond targets
      • As a result of the change there could be some other changes needed in other blueprints - eg if Rony looks at jpeg-turbo for 1107 then the NEON forum or speech codec optimization work items may need to be retargeted.
      • Speech codec optimization, x264 codec optimization, NEON forum and OpenMAX blueprints and specs looking pretty good

Also related to other business note that

  • Ilias on vacation 11-31 July
  • Team should look into what HW is needed for Cambourne Linaro Connect event in August. Will everyone bring their own boards? Or will there be need for something special?

Actions

 * krtaylor, ibiris identify the specific gwg blueprints that we will contribute to
   * INPROGRESS: robclark will discuss this with JesseBarker and sumits (discussion ongoing will inform Kurt of the outcome before Tuesday 12 July)
 * ibiris follow up on bip plans [DONE - coming in the next week - needs rollout to team]
 * krtaylor ronynandy schedule NEON best practices discussion @ cambridge TODO
 * ALL: inform krtaylor of the HW needs for Linaro Connect in August

Team Work - Status Summary

Benjamin Gaignard (benjiG)

  • write findings about OpenMax IL client code survey

  • Ask to gst-openamx developper (twi_) what he think about the survey.
  • test libjpeg-turbo for Android (mail send mandeep and zach)

Kan Hu (Kan)

Mandeep Kumar (mkum)

Rony Nandy (ronynandy)

  • Worked on listng the workitems and got it reviewed.
  • Did some minor forum related work items like following up on mailing list,forum etc.
  • Preparing material for discussion related to neon during the sprint.

Rob Clark (robclark)

Feng "Wayne" Wei (wayne or wei_feng))

Meeting Minutes

Thurs Meeting

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2011-07-05 (last modified 2011-07-08 18:17:08)