- Meeting opened by benjiG at 13:03
- Meeting closed at 13:44
Place: #linaro-meeting on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net
Time: Tuesday at 1300 UTC
[TOPIC] review actions from last meeting [TOPIC] review team work [TOPIC] Status reports [TOPIC] AOB
* gsachin ,Benjig to finalize on gstomx blueprints updation - Wim busy with gst0.11 release,need inputs from him on what are the possible improvements that Benjig can focus on * gsaching to talk about copyright assignment with STE for libvpx vp8 decoder optimisations and get code from STE * sudipj to discuss with asac on missing features in smartt * gsachin to discuss uds attendance with Linaro MM WG engineers
Team Work - Summary
Team Work - Detailed
Benjamin Gaignard (benjiG)
* Review gst aac encoder code
Kan Hu (Kan)
* Check in aac encoder wrapper plugin on git://git.linaro.org/people/sariohu/aacenc.git * Clean code based on comments from Benjamin
Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)
- Continued working on defect #733334
- Continued working on low power states measurement for pulseaudio buffer size changes, gated by image network connectivity problems
- Opened defects for above: #758293 #758297
Mandeep Kumar (mkum)
* Check-in basic libjpeg-turbo tree on git.linaro.org
* Started cleaning up and adding patches to libjpeg-turbo tree.
Rony Nandy (ronynandy)
Sudip Jain (sudipj)
Vishal Raj (vraj)
Feng Wei (wayne)
* Give the eglsink initial version
. Meeting Minutes
Meeting opened by benjiG at 13:03
<benjiG> no lot of actions to talk abouts
<benjiG> all: do you have confirm you come (or not) to UDS ?
<benjiG> don't forget to register yourself
<benjiG> #[PROGRESS REPORT]
<benjiG> [PROGRESS REPORT]
<benjiG> ok let start by kurt
<krtaylor> mainly defects this week
<krtaylor> trying to get more low power state done on a minimal image
<krtaylor> defected network problems on developer
<krtaylor> working on fixing initial audio experience in another defect
<krtaylor> thats it for me
<benjiG> do you want filled bug for all issue ?
<krtaylor> yes all have been filed
<benjiG> move to rony update
<ronynandy> did some load profiling on the orion
<benjiG> on which uses cases ?
<ronynandy> also did some tesing of the uploaded code base
<ronynandy> ok,usage of the dual core on the board.
<ronynandy> will be uploading some test streams on the git this week
<ronynandy> thats all from my side
<benjiG> what type of streams ?
<ronynandy> they r different tyeps of vp8 test streams so that they give good code coverage
<ronynandy> of the code
<ronynandy> i have generated them
<ronynandy> thats all
<benjiG> do you have found issues with your test streams ?
<ronynandy> all are error free streams...good enough for basic testing of the code
<ronynandy> next level of tesing will require streams with some errors in them to see the error resilience of the decoder
<ronynandy> but thats a task to be taken up in the cming weeks
<benjiG> do you documented the content (profile, error, bitrate...) of each stream
<benjiG> ronynandy: don't forget to complete the weekly status on wiki page
<ronynandy> ok sure will update that
<benjiG> move on to kan
<kan_hu> push the initial code for the aac encoder wrapper to git.linaro.org
<benjiG> yes I see that
<kan_hu> and then change the code based on your first round comment
<kan_hu> i'll inform you when it finished, then you can review again
<kan_hu> that's all
<benjiG> ok thanks
<benjiG> move on to wayne
<benjiG> first welcome wayne
<wayne> I send eglsink package to sachin
<benjiG> sachin has send me you egl code
<benjiG> I will send a review asap
<wayne> It's a initial version
<benjiG> can this egl package can be merge into gst-plugin-gl ?
<wayne> In theory. But gst-plugin-gl should have some changes
<benjiG> I think they already have an EGL compilation flags
<benjiG> I ask this because some files look very similar
<wayne> Yes. I startup with gst-plugin-gl
<wayne> I can check the possiblity.
<benjiG> yes please
<wayne> The major problem is Direct Rendering
<benjiG> because it is link to some specific egl extensions?
<benjiG> I was not enable to build your code because gst-fsl-plugins is missing
<wayne> Yes. I only support iMx53 platform now
<benjiG> [ACTION] wayne to check if eglsink could be merge into gst-plugin-gl
wayne to check if eglsink could be merge into gst-plugin-gl
<benjiG> could your remove this dependency ? or make the extension public ?
<wayne> Currently no other platform support this
<wayne> So if you want to build it, you must have the iMx53 board
<benjiG> do this egl extension has been discuted in graphic WG ?
<wayne> There's no public method to get the physical address of eglImage
<wayne> I don't know. I'm not familiar with the graphic WG
<benjiG> [ACTION] gsachin to check status of egl extension with graphic WG
gsachin to check status of egl extension with graphic WG
<benjiG> if it is specifc to one board it will be more difficult to merge into generic gst-plugin-*
<wayne> I think so
<wayne> But the standardization process is slow
<benjiG> yes ...
<wayne> Not only the egl extension, but GstBuffer meta
<wayne> No Hardware info for GstBuffer now
<benjiG> ok lets talk of that after the meeting
<benjiG> ok ?
<benjiG> do I forget somebody status ?
<benjiG> somebody has something to add ?
<krtaylor> I was wondering about 11.11 if noone has anything else
<benjiG> what do you want to know ?
<krtaylor> I was not able to find a cycle page for multimedia, do we have requirements?
<benjiG> don't know ...
<krtaylor> Yeah, I guess that is a question for sachin
<benjiG> I suggest you send a mail to sachin (cc me if you want)
<krtaylor> I'll send it to the multimedia list, if we haven't yet, we should really get those discussions going
<benjiG> maybe we should have wiki to list MM blue print for next cycle ?
<krtaylor> yes, that is what the cycle workgroup page is for, but I cant find one
<krtaylor> that then breaks down into blueprints
<krtaylor> ok, I'll move this to email then
<benjiG> or you can create the page yourself and send the link in a mail
<krtaylor> another good idea
<benjiG> anything else to add ?
<benjiG> wayne can you also update your weekly status ? https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2011-04-12
<benjiG> ok I close the meeting
Meeting closed at 13:44
- wayne to check if eglsink could be merge into gst-plugin-gl
- gsachin to check status of egl extension with graphic WG
WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2011-04-12 (last modified 2011-04-19 06:24:05)