* Previous Meeting

  • Next Meeting

  • Topic: multimedia X-vendor call

  • When: 1200 UTC

  • Where: linaro public conf line

  • Attendees:

    Name

    Email

    IRC Nick

    Role

    Alexandros Frantzis

    alexandros.frantzis (at) linaro (dot) org

    alf

    Linaro Software Engineer

    Sachin Gupta

    sachin.gupta (at) linaro (dot) org

    Sachin

    Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)

    Rob Clark

    rob (at) ti (dot) com

    robclark

    multimedia (TI)

    Kent

    kent

    freescale

    Benjamin Gaignard

    benjamin.gaignard (at) linaro (dot) org

    benjamin

    multimedia (STE)

    Tom Gall

    tom.gall (at) linaro (dot) org

    tgall_foo

    multimedia

    Mandeep

    mandeep.kumar (at) linaro.org (dot) org

    mandeep

    multimedia (TI)

    Jammy

    jammy.zhou (at) linaro (dot) org

    jazh

    graphics(freescale)

    Kurt Taylor

    krtaylor

    multimedia (IBM)

Agenda

  • review actions from past meetings
  • topic updates
    • optimization codecs (rony)
    • optimization pulseaudio (mandeep)
    • consolidation gst-omx + kernel API (benjiG)
    • validation (vishal)
    • standardization camerabin (sachin)

Past Actions

  • Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
    • Pending ( Rony not in meeting)
  • Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
    • Pending
  • Rob to put together a wiki page about gst-omax implementation requirements and link it from the spec.
    • Pending
  • Alexander to assemble contacts for input on camera features.
    • Pending (Asac not in meeting)

Minutes

  • PulseAudio(Mandeep)

    • Setup Pulseaudio code environment on PC
    • Linaro package for Pulseaudio unstable
    • Able to change code and experiment with pulse audio on pc
    • Next Step - Start making spec relevant changes in pulse audio
  • Jpeg Decoder specs(Mandeep)
    • No update
  • gstomx+kernel API(Benjamin + Sachin)
    • Documentation for Kernel API for physically contiguous buffer under preparation
    • Study on unified buffer sharing mechanism ongoing
    • Gstreamer EGL sink documentation under preparation
  • Camerabin specs(Sachin)
    • received feature list from Sachin( Samsung) and Rob ( TI)
    • Need to prepare consolidated document of Samsung , TI and STE requirements
  • Query on packages that need to be imported in Linaro (Tom Gall)
    • Camerabin that is intended to be used in Rob's branch
    • Camerabin will move from Rob's branch will move to mainline(expected in 2-3 weeks)
    • Once available in mainline will be imported in Linaro
    • No other tool requirements as of now.if need is felt as we progress we can import additional packages
    • Rob shared link of tool that can be useful http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gst-tracelib/

  • H.264 Parser issue for gstomx consolidation
    • TI use custom gstreamer element that does AVC format to bytestream format conversion
    • Should be possible to use h.264 parse gstreamer element.May need to extend demuxer if they donot set caps properly

Actions

  • Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
  • Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
  • Rob to put together a wiki page about gst-omax implementation requirements and link it from the spec.
  • Alexander to assemble contacts for input on camera features.

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2010-11-30 (last modified 2010-12-01 13:09:52)