• Previous Meeting

  • Next Meeting

  • Topic: multimedia X-vendor call

  • When: 1200 UTC

  • Where: linaro public conf line

  • Attendees:

    Name

    Email

    IRC Nick

    Role

    Alexander Sack

    asac (at) linaro (dot) org

    asac

    Linaro Tech Lead

    Alexandros Frantzis

    alexandros.frantzis (at) linaro (dot) org

    alf

    Linaro Software Engineer

    Sachin Gupta

    sachin.gupta (at) linaro (dot) org

    Sachin

    Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)

    Kan Hu

    kan.hu (at) linaro (dot) org

    Kan

    Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Freescale)

    Rony Nandy

    rony.nandy (at) linaro (dot) org

    ronynandy

    Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Samsung)

    Vishal Raj

    vishal.raj (at) linaro (dot) org

    vishal

    Linaro User Platform Engineer (ST-Ericsson)

    Rob Clark

    rob (at) ti (dot) com

    robclark

    multimedia (TI)

    Kurt Taylor

    krtaylor

    IBM

Agenda

  • review actions from past meetings
  • topic updates
    • optimization codecs (rony)
    • optimization pulseaudio (mandeep)
    • consolidation gst-omx + kernel API (benjiG)
    • validation (vishal)
    • standardization camerabin (sachin)

Past Actions

  • Alexander to remind team members about meeting.
    • Done
  • Sachin to ask Rob about the various gst-omax TI trees.
    • Done, use tree at omapzoom.org
  • Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
    • Pending
  • Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
    • Benjamin not here (Cortex A9 training)
  • Sachin to request a list of camera properties from Samsung and TI.
    • No reply from Samsung yet
  • Sachin to contact upstream about gst-photography.

Minutes

  • gst-omax
    • Things will be easier when camera-bin code is split out.
    • Perhaps we should focus on gst-next (gst-1.0/0.11)
      • branch coming out in a month
      • need to check if apps need porting or just recompilation.
      • rowstride support solved there
    • Contiguous buffer support
    • Perhaps best approach would be to start with clean slate
      • ACTION: Rob to put together a wiki page about gst-omax implementation requirements and link it from the spec.
  • VP8
    • NEON improvements suggested by Rob:
    • Parellelization could be done manually instead of using external libraries (OpenCL etc).
    • Not likely to be able to smoothly play 1080p even with two cores
      • One core just barely makes it with 720p
      • 1080p is 2.25x the size of 720p
    • ... but it would be awesome if we actually made it :)

  • Camera-bin:
    • No reply for camera properties from Samsung yet, but should have one soon (responsible person was on vacation).
    • ACTION: Alexander to assemble contacts for input on camera features.

Actions

  • Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
  • Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
  • Rob to put together a wiki page about gst-omax implementation requirements and link it from the spec.
  • Alexander to assemble contacts for input on camera features.

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2010-11-16 (last modified 2010-11-17 20:38:44)