Topic: multimedia X-vendor call
When: 1200 UTC
Where: linaro public conf line
asac (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Tech Lead
alexandros.frantzis (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Software Engineer
benjamin.gaignard (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Multimedia Generalist (ST-Ericsson)
sachin.gupta (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)
kan.hu (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Freescale)
rony.nandy (at) linaro (dot) org
Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Samsung)
- review actions from past meetings
- Blueprints status - any questions/problems?
- topic task forces - weekly calls with small groups
- topic updates
- optimization codecs (rony)
- optimization pulseaudio (mandeep)
- consolidation gst-omx + kernel API (benjiG)
- validation (vishal)
- standardization camerabin (sachin)
- Benjamin to contact engineer from Collabora to get Pulseaudio CELF presentation.
Pulseaudio presentation (and many more) is available online at http://elinux.org/ELC_Europe_2010_Presentations
- Sachin to check viability of putting mechanism for checking physically contiguous buffers inside omax.
- Benjamin in contact with Sachin to discuss how ST-E can implement the TI proposed solution.
- Topic task forces
- One call (this one) for general MM topics
- More focused calls for specific MM topics
- Benjamin in contact with Sachin to discuss how ST-E can implement the TI-proposed solution.
- Many differences present
- Custom extensions
- x264 byte stream format in ST-E gst-omax vs AVC format produced by upstream components.
- ACTION: Sachin to ask Rob about the various gst-omax TI trees
- Two upstream projects already working on optimization (ffmpeg, ?)
- Investigate parallelization using multi-threading (OpenMP, OpenCL).
- Problem: shortage of boards to test on.
- ACTION: Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
- gst-omax consolidation kernel API:
- Kernel device seems to already be in some kernel tree.
- ACTION: Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
- Investigation on applications that are using/going to use camera-bin.
- ACTION: Sachin to request a list of camera properties from Samsung and TI.
- ACTION: Sachin to contact upstream about gst-photography.
- Alexander to remind team members about meeting.
- Sachin to ask Rob about the various gst-omax TI trees.
- Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
- Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
- Sachin to request a list of camera properties from Samsung and TI.
- Sachin to contact upstream about gst-photography.
WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2010-11-09 (last modified 2010-11-15 13:57:32)