• Previous Meeting

  • Next Meeting

  • Topic: multimedia X-vendor call

  • When: 1200 UTC

  • Where: linaro public conf line

  • Attendees:

    Name

    Email

    IRC Nick

    Role

    Alexander Sack

    asac (at) linaro (dot) org

    asac

    Linaro Tech Lead

    Alexandros Frantzis

    alexandros.frantzis (at) linaro (dot) org

    alf

    Linaro Software Engineer

    Benjamin Gaignard

    benjamin.gaignard (at) linaro (dot) org

    benjiG

    Linaro Multimedia Generalist (ST-Ericsson)

    Sachin Gupta

    sachin.gupta (at) linaro (dot) org

    Sachin

    Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)

    Kan Hu

    kan.hu (at) linaro (dot) org

    Kan

    Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Freescale)

    Phil Chen

    Freescale

    Kurt Taylor

    krtaylor

    IBM

    Rony Nandy

    rony.nandy (at) linaro (dot) org

    ronynandy

    Linaro Multimedia Specialist (Samsung)

Agenda

  • review actions from past meetings
  • Blueprints status - any questions/problems?
  • topic task forces - weekly calls with small groups
  • topic updates
    • optimization codecs (rony)
    • optimization pulseaudio (mandeep)
    • consolidation gst-omx + kernel API (benjiG)
    • validation (vishal)
    • standardization camerabin (sachin)

Past Actions

  • Benjamin to contact engineer from Collabora to get Pulseaudio CELF presentation.
  • Sachin to check viability of putting mechanism for checking physically contiguous buffers inside omax.
    • Benjamin in contact with Sachin to discuss how ST-E can implement the TI proposed solution.

Minutes

  • Topic task forces
    • One call (this one) for general MM topics
    • More focused calls for specific MM topics
  • gst-omax
    • Benjamin in contact with Sachin to discuss how ST-E can implement the TI-proposed solution.
    • Many differences present
      • Custom extensions
      • x264 byte stream format in ST-E gst-omax vs AVC format produced by upstream components.
    • ACTION: Sachin to ask Rob about the various gst-omax TI trees
  • VP8
    • Two upstream projects already working on optimization (ffmpeg, ?)
    • Investigate parallelization using multi-threading (OpenMP, OpenCL).
    • Problem: shortage of boards to test on.
    • ACTION: Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
  • gst-omax consolidation kernel API:
    • Kernel device seems to already be in some kernel tree.
    • ACTION: Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
  • Camera-bin:
    • Investigation on applications that are using/going to use camera-bin.
    • ACTION: Sachin to request a list of camera properties from Samsung and TI.
    • ACTION: Sachin to contact upstream about gst-photography.

Actions

  • Alexander to remind team members about meeting.
  • Sachin to ask Rob about the various gst-omax TI trees.
  • Rony to ask Michael Hope about linaro toolchain support for parallelization.
  • Benjamin to check in which tree the gst-omax related kernel device code is in.
  • Sachin to request a list of camera properties from Samsung and TI.
  • Sachin to contact upstream about gst-photography.

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2010-11-09 (last modified 2010-11-15 13:57:32)