Attendees

Agenda

  • Action items from last meeting.
  • 2011.11 Release Readiness

    Component

    Assignee

    Unity3D

    Amaranth

    glmark2

    alf

    glcompbench

    alf

    linaro-mm-sig

    JesseBarker, chunsang, sumits

    GLEW

    shariqHa

  • Closing the 2011.11 series and moving projects to trunk

Action Items

  • [ACTION: Jesse to check with Travis about the 11.11 final set of packages to be release for unity/compiz/nux
  • [ACTION]: benjiG and alf_ to investigate what it takes to setup LAVA job(s) to test a CMA/dma-buf enabled image using debugfs and tracing patches that benjiG has submitted. Perhaps it is needed to get someone from the kernel as they are setting up their CI at the moment.
  • [CARRIEDOVER] Everyone to garden their "bucket" backlogs from this series. There are some work items that have already been moved into feature blueprints that can be removed from the old "buckets" (especially those that have already been implemented ;-). Any that remain should have feature blueprints created (also to be targeted at the backlog). There are no series-specific backlogs anymore.
  • [CARRIEDOVER]: Ilias to make the switch of the active series after the 11.11 release - so that the trunk becomes the active series - and make sure that all status.linaro.org related configuration scripts are updated with the switch.

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • [ACTION] Everyone to garden their "bucket" backlogs from this series. There are some work items that have already been moved into feature blueprints that can be removed from the old "buckets" (especially those that have already been implemented ;-). Any that remain should have feature blueprints created (also to be targeted at the backlog). There are no series-specific backlogs anymore.
    • Low hanging fruit with respect to what was done but still left in the backlog blueprints
    • If something does not make sense anymore - please go ahead and delete those items or reword and include in any existing feature blueprints (or create new feature blueprints in the backlog)
    • Need to check if this is done - should be complete by Tuesday 22 Nov?
  • [ACTION]: All should check their backlogs and clear up any blueprints which are done already.
  • [ACTION]: ALL - review the "bucket" blueprints (engr-* blueprints) - move anything which is not done to new feature blueprints.
  • [ACTION]: JESSE - backlog milestones should move to the trunk series
    • Done.
  • [ACTION]: Ilias to make the switch of the active series after the 11.11 release - so that the trunk becomes the active series - and make sure that all status.linaro.org related configuration scripts are updated with the switch.
    • INPROGRESS - Ilias will complete after the platform release so that we do not screw up the platform release

Minutes

  • Release readiness
    • Unity packages - need to clarify with Travis what will be released. Nux should be there already (we should need to release something new necessarily). Some bit of changes for compiz to come. #Action : Jesse to check with Travis.
    • glmark2: almost ready doing some final packages and getting ready for the release, all fine
    • glcompbench: no changes since last release. Updated status for 11.11 component release dashboard - check https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1111/Release/Status

    • glproxy - same thing - no changes since last release.
    • Memory management: No new versions of CMA or dma-mapping patches. From Sumit, no new dma-buf, but has done some progress for v4l2 as a dma-buf user.
      • Rob's xorg patches went out yesterday, but what Rob is doing is the precursor to using dma-buf. Rob is proposing an amendment to support dri2video. Additionally to the core protocol support in xorg server, he also sent patches for nouveau driver, which is a key to do testing and getting also general acceptance from the overall community
      • ION used in ICS is using fd for buffer sharing, so later on we could probably augment ION to use dma-buf.
      • From chunsang: working with Samsung kernel engineers to handle Marek's patches
      • Now that the Linaro Android tree uses 3.1 we will see more of the UMM patches getting across the Android kernel
    • glew: No much feedback since the last version, so basically no changes from 11.10. We keep it in maintenance mode, until we hear any news from upstream.
  • Closing the 11.11 series: moving to the trunk series will happen after the 11.11 platform release. Updating the series to use trunk as the active series. Backlog milestones have moved to trunk series - if your project does not have backlog milestone please let Ilias or Jesse know so that they can help.
    • Switching to trunk will be done by Ilias by Friday 25Nov
    • Milestones for 11.12 and beyond will also be created on the new active trunk series
  • POC (point of contact) for the release for 11.12: we should have the POC defined for the release period in December. Jesse and Ilias can share the triaging and delegating or fixing if needed.
  • LAVA jobs to test an image with CMA/dma-buf and debugfs/trace support from Benji? We should investigate what it takes. #Action: get benjiG involved and alf_ to see what it takes to setup the job. Perhaps we need to get someone from the kernel as they are setting up their CI at the moment.
  • Possibility for an article on UMM, eg dma-buf for LWN: Sumit will start probably looking at something for ELC, for example work with Rob to get something published there.
  • OTHER: Please note next week - US Thanksgiving Jesse will be off the whole week. Ilias can run the weekly meeting next week. Anyone who does not have a 1-1 scheduled for this week might want to schedule something till Friday

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

  • DMA-mapping API
    • Started co-analysis to verify DMA-mapping APIs through test code with Samsung landing team and kernel engineers.
  • Perf events for GPU
    • Studying LAVA wikis ands sample scripts to be familar to LAVA interface.
    • Studying to install LAVA stand alone environment to local PC for future use.
  • ETC
    • Helping Samsung landing team by building Android on Origen with Mali libs.
      • Failed to get source from android.git.linaro.org and failed to build sources; reported it to landing team and got source and built image with updated wiki and scripts from landing team.
      • Debugging partition error at u-boot.

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

Sumit Semwal (sumits)

  • dma-buf blueprints tending:
    • Restructured some work items and added new ones in 3 new blueprints targeted at backlog: linaro-umm-dmabuf-unit-testing, linaro-umm-dmabuf-v4l2-exporter, linaro-umm-dmabuf-v4l2-user.
  • dma-buf as V4L2 exporter

    • started working on demonstrating a simplistic V4L2 dma-buf exporter, most likely as a contig allocator (non-cma first).

Marc Ordinas i Llopis (marcoil)

  • glproxy
    • EGL virtualization

Marcus Lorentzon (marlor)

  • kms & dma-buf

    • started working on test environment and implementing a KMS dummy driver without HW access

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-11-16 (last modified 2011-11-17 11:49:23)