Attendees

Agenda

Action Items

  • [ACTION] Everyone to garden their "bucket" backlogs from this series. There are some work items that have already been moved into feature blueprints that can be removed from the old "buckets" (especially those that have already been implemented ;-). Any that remain should have feature blueprints created (also to be targeted at the backlog). There are no series-specific backlogs anymore.
  • [ACTION]: All should check their backlogs and clear up any blueprints which are done already.
  • [ACTION]: ALL - review the "bucket" blueprints (engr-* blueprints) - move anything which is not done to new feature blueprints.
  • [ACTION]: JESSE - backlog milestones should move to the trunk series
  • [ACTION]: Ilias to make the switch of the active series after the 11.11 release - so that the trunk becomes the active series - and make sure that all status.linaro.org related configuration scripts are updated with the switch.

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • None - any action points from Connect should be part of the discussion blueprints.

Minutes

* Benchmark/test/validation output format. We should avoid providing comparative results for partner platforms side by side on a single page. We should be ok with providing simple type of results (colour-based as the numbers are surpassing or dropping below a threshold value).

  • Question could we have benchmark numbers split across pages? Eg one page for panda, another page for imx53, etc. This is ok, since keeping the benchmarks apart would allow us to provide the results without them looking like "suggesting" one platform over another or comparing in any immediate way. It is allowable to have different reports, one for each hwpack with all the image testing results on each report.

* Blueprint status for 11:11: https://launchpad.net/linaro-graphics-wg/+milestone/2011.11

  • Unity related blueprint will be added to the stack by Travis
  • glmark2: will focus on the bump-mapping blueprint (there is still a small chance it will have to move to the next cycle), validation support is done, cleanup is mostly done
  • Dashboard: seems that there is a problem to schedule jobs on LAVA for the panda, Alexandros is on top of this with the folks from validation/platform
  • dma-mapping: depends on Marek's review, there could be some items still under discussion in the memory management list. Probably not all items will not finish to 11.11
  • perf-events: infra is done to get perf-events, and the blueprint should be completed on time. There is also an interface for LAVA being put together and it is expected to be done during this cycle.

* Blueprint status for the backlog: https://launchpad.net/linaro-graphics-wg/+milestone/backlog There is some material which seems to have been done already even though the blueprints are still in the backlog. #ACTION: All should check their backlogs and clear up any blueprints which are done already. * Other business:

  • Kernel process has been updated and it is ok for the Graphics team to abide to that process especially related to how blueprints are used to track the work and how upstream will be handled.
  • #ACTION: ALL - review the "bucket" blueprints (engr-* blueprints) - move anything which is not done to new feature blueprints.
  • #ACTION: JESSE - backlog milestones should move to the trunk series
  • Anything that is part of 2011.11 release should stay as it is. The switch to use trunk as the active series should happen after the 11.11 release. #ACTION: Ilias to make the switch of the active series to become the trunk and make sure that all status.linaro.org related configuration scripts are updated with the switch.
  • Mali team are excuted about using glcompbench - good feedback, request to add more tests. Request to come through linaro-dev
  • POC (point of contact) for the 11.11 release: Ilias Biris.

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • glmark2 cleanup
    • Work ongoing.
    • This is a special, best-effort blueprint: work items will be set to DONE early next week.
  • LAVA tests
    • Tests have been updated (namespaces etc).
    • Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/lava-dispatcher/+bug/886209 currently blocking us from using packages not in overlay or in image.

    • Experimental job using just glmark2 ready (and actually submitted a couple of times), but ...
    • Blocked due to problematic lt-panda-x11-oneiric hwpack.
      • In contact with Paul and Ricardo.
      • Issue should be resolved by end of week (if LAVA lab upgrade goes smoothly).
  • glmark2 validation support
    • Implemented validation checks for all default benchmarks.
    • Some validation results vary greatly between platforms (esp. on panda).
    • Considering solutions:
      • Let them fail?
      • Relax validation conditions for these tests?
      • Mark them as unknown?

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

  • DMA-mapping API
    • No activity
  • Perf events for GPU
    • Installed lava-test and ran sample test cases.
    • Studying LAVA wikis ands sample scripts to be familar to LAVA interface.
  • ETC
    • Helping Samsung landing team by building Android on Orion with Mali libs.

Shariq Hasnain (shariqHa)

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

Sumit Semwal (sumits)

  • dmabuf patch
    • some discussions continuing on upstream lists - Marek has had some concerns with the approach, while Rob and Daniel think this is correct; mail exchanges happening.
  • v4l2 as dmabuf user
    • posted first set to Marek, Tomasz for review
    • Tomasz made some comments, and he would like to see an exporter implementation as well.
    • I have started working on a sample implementation of v4L2 as exporter, though I was hoping I could reuse some ideas from Rob's DRM as an exporter set.
  • Rob has been a bit busy with his other set of things to do, so I guess the dmabuf-exporter upstreaming work with sample implementation is a bit delayed as of now. (see the other mail chain I started with him, you and Jesse are CC'ed)

Marc Ordinas i Llopis (marcoil)

  • On vacation.

Marcus Lorentzon (marlor)

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-11-09 (last modified 2011-11-14 20:00:34)