Attendees

Agenda

Action Items

  • [Jesse] to sync with David Rusling on whether Russell King can be at Linaro Connect event
  • [Ilias/Jesse] decide final structure of the meeting
    • Still TODO. I think we can discuss in Connect for alternatives, eg IRC, unless you want to just experiment during July, in which case just do it. Joey Stanford can also help to create a separate linaro-graphics channel with a linarobot for logging attached properly.
  • [Ilias] to check the situation with some non-graphics blueprints appearing in eg http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-graphics-wg.html.

    • Sent heads up to James_W, Jesse,could you followup and mark this as done or push to get resolution if not fixed?

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • [Ilias]: Clarify maintainer vs driver for the component projects - target is to maintain the letter of the concept "driver"/"maintainer" but also to allow enough flexibility in the permissions for the workgroup team to do changes needed to do e.g., with blueprints (DONE?)
    • Any component projects for Graphics WGs should be maintained and driven by the corresponding Launchpad groups. That should give sufficient access to any group member to update as needed the milestone pages and finished blueprints for 1107. Note that Project Maintainership and code maintainership in Launchpad are separate. Jesse is that ok to consider this action item closed?
  • [Ilias/Jesse] decide final structure of the meeting
    • Still TODO. I think we can discuss in Connect for alternatives, eg IRC, unless you want to just experiment during July, in which case just do it. Joey Stanford can also help to create a separate linaro-graphics channel with a linarobot for logging attached properly.
  • [Ilias] - setup auxiliary 1-1 sessions with Sumit and Shariq (DONE)

Minutes

  • Release for 11.07: RC will be created on 21.07 for final integration and testing. Mounir Bsaibes will be deputy for the release management filling in for Fathi Boudra our usual release manager. Anmar Oueja and Usman Ahmad will also help with any project management support needed, as well as Joey Stanford.
  • Blueprint updates - See also email from Jesse from 06 July (Subject: "components and series and milestones (oh my!)")
  • Alexandros - focus on glmark2 doing some refactoring in order to enhance the tests. Will check up the blueprints again to see if there are any revisions needed for the 1107 content.
    • Matt at Genesi - issues related to the last drivers extensions from Freescale. Asking for a PPA from us to try Unity out (directions already sent out). Some of the changes Matt is doing would make the code a bit more kernel agnostic. More updates to be expected in the near future.
  • Sumit: Blueprint updates for the buffer sharing object. Expects to start pushing first draft patches out to linaro-dev by mid next week. Could be possible to push for acceptance for the 11.07 timeframe
  • Shariq: GLEW - has sent patches and discussing with the maintainer. Will need to prepare a tarball for the GLEW tree, putting the release against the https://launchpad.net/linaro-graphics-misc project. Targeted now for https://launchpad.net/linaro-graphics-misc/+milestone/2011.07 milestone

  • Memory management work: discussed the latest development and feedback offered to the patches sent by Marek and how the changes by Russell King interact with Marek's patches. The discussion on the list attempts to make sure that any patches from Marek are not seen as a regression to what Russell's patches are trying to fix. Arnd Bergman is also communicating with Russell on this topic. Probably should try to talk face to face to Russell (if possible in Cambourne - though this is unknown)
  • Call for HW that we need for the Connect: put in a request for any HW that you might not be able to bring your own especially boards.
    • 3 Pandaboards should be available
    • Jesse will bring his efika
    • Monitors/keyboards/mice should be available
  • ARMHF: possibility to use Graphics stuff for eg benchmarking graphics on the HF images. That would mean the Graphics team would get HF builds of the Graphics packages. So there could be need to help in getting all we need build properly
  • Android: Zach Pfeffer from the Android team has setup a weekly plugfest to give practical hands on help to get packages on Android. Alexandros: perhaps we should consider how to get our benchmarks to work on Android. Topic for Connect possibly.
  • Alexandros spotted that s.l.o has listed some blueprints coming from other teams (platforms for example) - showing in http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-graphics-wg.html

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • glmark2
    • Replaced SDL with custom window creation code.
    • Refactored Mesh class
      • Add support for custom vertex attributes.
      • Add support for attribute interleaving.
    • Working on shader conditionals benchmark (lp:~linaro-graphics-wg/glmark2/scene-conditionals).

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

Shariq Hasnain (shariqHa)

  • DMA mapping APIs
    • Studied DMA mapping source code.
    • Went through Marek patches.
  • Was on leave on 4th and 5th July.

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

Sumit Semwal (sumits)

  • Was on an internal meeting almost whole week last week, so not a lot to report.
  • Buffer sharing objects
    • Continued with study of V4L2, fb on their buffer needs.

    • Have mostly been able to connect the output of mm-mini-summit from Budapest reg buffer objects, to why they're needed, so will try and push a first draft out soon.

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-07-06 (last modified 2011-07-07 23:24:58)