Attendees

Name

Email

IRC Nick

Role

Jesse Barker

jesse.barker@linaro.org

JesseBarker

Linaro Tech Lead

Alexandros Frantzis

alexandros.frantzis@linaro.org

alf

Linaro Software Engineer

Jammy Zhou

jammy.zhou@linaro.org

jazh

Linaro Graphics Engineer (Freescale)

Chunsang Jeong

chunsang.jeong@linaro.org

chunsang

Linaro Software Engineer (Samsung)

Shariq Hasnain

shariq.hasnain@linaro.org

shariqHa

Linaro Software Engineer (Samsung)

Travis Watkins

travis.watkins@linaro.org

Amaranth

Linaro Software Engineer

Rajeev Kapoor

rajeev.kapoor@linaro.org

rajeev

Linaro Project Manager

Agenda

  • Action items from last meeting.
  • Call for comments on topics for next cycle.
  • Graphics WG demo at UDS.
  • Blueprint status.

    Blueprint

    Assignee

    Skia

    jazh

    GL Proxy

    jazh

    Compositors

    jazh

    DRI/Mali

    chunsang

    GLEW GLES

    shariqHa

    Compiz

    Amaranth

    Cairo GLES

    alf

    Benchmark

    alf

  • AOB

Action Items

  • ACTION: Everyone to give feedback on 11.11 topics
  • ACTION: Everyone to think about their current work and how it can be showcased at the demo session.

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • ACTION: Jesse and Travis to evaluate the state of nux and decide on our involvement
  • ACTION: Jesse to determine course of action for BLOCKED items.
  • ACTION: Jesse to talk to MPD (ARM graphics) about additional tests to add to our spandex tree.
  • ACTION: Jesse to try skia-bench on tegra2 for Jammy.
  • ACTION: Jesse to build Travis' compiz branch and try on efikamx.
  • ACTION: Jesse to get graphics WG PPA enabled for armel.

Minutes

  • Nux
    • Some complex pieces (eg meshes) have been deprecated, we don't need to port these.
    • There is still work to be done.
    • There is a branch with the new license (not yet in trunk)
      • We should start working against that branch.
  • spandex
    • MPD doesn't currently have any additional tests.
  • Conference system
    • New conference system numbers assigned only to Canonical employees
      • May still be able to get/use one.
    • Mumble as alternative is viable, with the following caveats:
      • Needs internet/computer access.
      • Needs account in LP.
    • We need a solution that will not change a lot when the current system stops working.
  • Topics
    • ACTION: Everyone to give feedback on 11.11 topics
  • Scheduling for Linaro@UDS
    • Some participants for Memory Management topics will not be attending for the whole week.
    • Need to schedule sessions accordingly.
  • Linaro Graphics WG Demo at Linaro@UDS
    • On Tuesday (second day of UDS) so we won't much have time to resolve issues then.
    • ACTION: Everyone to think about their current work and how it can be showcased at the demo session.
  • Visa for travel
    • Everyone that needs a visa for UDS should ensure that they acquire it in time.

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • Cairo GLES2
    • Waiting for review/merge. It seems the maintainer will be available soon (eg by next week).
    • Started porting two example programs (cairogears and cairo-clock) to cairo-gles2.
  • Benchmarks
    • Test definitions
      • Created out-of-tree abrek test definitions branch (+packaging) for WG at lp:~linaro-graphics-wg/+junk/linaro-graphics-wg-tests
      • Updated existing test definitions and added them to linaro-graphics-wg-test.
      • Created out-of-tree abrek test definitions for glcompbench, cairo-traces and qt-traces and added them to linaro-graphics-wg-test.
      • Had a meeting with infrastructure/platform team concerning our benchmarking needs.
    • glcompbench
      • Finished profiler branch and pushed to trunk (lp:glcompbench)
    • Spandex

Jammy Zhou (jazh)

  • Skia
    • segfault happens in arm_memset32() for Tegra2 as well as EfikaMX if ARM_HAVE_NEON not enabled, bug created in skia upstream http://code.google.com/p/skia/issues/detail?id=201 (Thanks Jesse for testing skia bench on Tegra2)

    • separate the huge patch into 7 small patches
    • need account in git.linaro.org for creating skia branch
    • do some performance compare, it seems that only compile NEON functions with '-mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon' brings performance downgrade in some test cases, more investigation needed
  • Kwin
  • Public holiday on Tuesday

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

  • DRI/Mali
    • Investigated overall KMS architecture and functionality.
    • Started UMPv1 API scoping against TTM
      • Got an information there won't be much of difference between UMPv1 and UMPv2.
      • It will be changed UMPv2 after it's released.
    • Update unified memory document with requirements and use cases
      • Asked Samsung engineers to share requirements and use cases with Linaro.
        • They're writing multimedia/camera use cases and requirements document for memory management to share with Linaro.
        • Reviewed UMP architecture docs Samsung wrote down, which ARM's under confirming now for sharing it with Linaro.

Shariq Hasnain (shariqHa)

  • Adding ES and EGL support to glew
    • Added support in glewinfo file to verify the entry point of the ES and EGL extensions supported.
    • Board setup .
    • Modifying a simple application to use GLEW lib.
  • Was holiday at Samsung India on last Wednesday(30th march) and on Monday (4th April).

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

  • compiz
    • got things drawing correctly with decorations
    • went through all core plugins and verified they work correctly
    • updated build system to disable building non-ported plugins
    • tested on efikamx, needs some changes for improper GL_BGRA support then doesn't draw correctly (will get a screenshot later today)
    • trying to figure out a way to notify the plugin packs we're building with GLES via pkg-config file
    • updated email in commits, git did weird things to it, all updates available on http://git.compiz.org/~amaranth/mobilebling/

  • nux
    • had a small discussion with Jesse and Jay about porting to GLES
    • if NuxMesh and FreetypeFont can now be completely removed from the build the changes needed should be doable

    • will do a more in-depth review this week

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-04-06 (last modified 2011-04-11 14:13:43)