Linaro Tech Lead
Linaro Software Engineer
graphics driver (TI)
Linaro Graphics Engineer (Freescale)
Ubuntu Platform (Canonical)
Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)
- Call for summit drafters (jesse).
- Clutter EGL update (alf/ricardo).
- Clutk update (jammy).
- Xorg driver update (jesse).
- UDS next week.
Alexandros to create a wiki page so people can sign up for session leading (https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/UDSNSessionLeaders)
- All to sign for session they want to lead at UDS/LDS in provided wiki page.
- Whoever has patches for the OMAP4 driver send them to Vincent or Jeff at TI.
- Ricardo to give the meego kernel drivers a try (doesn't hope for much, though)
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- [Deferred] Alexander to query about full-debug package support.
- Will have a general session per toolkit, compositor etc and additional breakout sessions as required.
- Get drivers to work, provide recipes for partners not familiar with Xorg driver development.
- Need to define baseline features that drivers need to support.
- Real world validation test cases.
- Call for summit drafters for UDS/LDS
- ACTION: Alexandros to create a wiki page so people can sign up for session leading.
- ACTION: All to sign for session they want to lead at UDS/LDS in provided wiki page.
- Clutter EGL tfp (Ricardo)
- Driver supports EGL_KHR_image_pixmap but does not advertise it.
- ACTION: .Whoever has patches for the OMAP4 driver send them to Vincent or Jeff at TI.
- It seems to be supported with meego drivers.
- Meego sgx drivers use a different kernel driver than the Ubuntu ones.
The accel. hardware use in N900 is slightly different than the BeagleBoard.
- ACTION: Ricardo to give the meego kernel drivers a try (doesn't hope for much, though)
- Glyph issue in unity gles2 on OMAP4 (Vincent)
- Is related to mipmapping.
- Workaround is to disable mipmapping in clutter.
- Clutk (Jammy)
- Segfault are related to gles2/cogl interleaving.
- It's difficult to get the GL state when this happens, so as to make a more targeted fix.
- Workaround patch is available
- Verified on mesa x86, OMAP3 and imx51
- There are still problems with freescale drivers. Investigation is in progress.
- Xorg driver update (Jesse)
- ARM to release enough code for a basic open source X driver for Mali.
- Schedule slipped back about a month (to end of November).
- ST-E is currently refactoring their Xorg drivers so that they can open source a part of it, waiting for ARM confirmation.
WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2010-10-18 (last modified 2010-10-18 15:59:58)