- Period: (2011-07-01 to 2011-07-07)
PM: Mounir Bsaibes <email@example.com>
Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/Status
Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-kernel-wg.html
Key Points for wider discussion
- Dave suggests we disable aligment fixups for linaro images, since gtk-sharp2 is now the only thing known to be affected.
- Worked to get ADB over USB working for both Beagle and Panda boards for 2.6.39
- Updated linaro+android tree to linaro 11.06 final kernel
- Worked on testing Android Alarm Timers integration with Posix Alarm Timers.
- Sent pull requests to Tglx for patches I've queued for 3.1
- Helped narrow down last minute Android Image issue with u-boot on beagleboard.
- Started review of Kconfig code, had some discussions with folks from the Yocto project on how Kconfig fragments might help. Reached out to the author of Kconfig SAT work from a year ago to learn more.
- Rebased mmc non-blocking patchset v8 on to of mmc-next for 3.1. The patchset has received a couple of acked-by and will hopefully be merged for 3.1.
- Run mmc test on on ARM real view and U300 with help from Linus W. Made minor adjustments in the mmc_test as a result of realview and U300 testing
- Investigated why the eMMC on snowball is slow compared to U8500. I thought it might be a SW issue but it turned out that Snowball has a relatively slow eMMC.
Upstream oriented activities
Work on patch series removing hardcoded absolute physical address in mdesc->boot_params.
- Work on patch series removing compile time usage of ARM_DMA_ZONE_SIZE.
- Continue work on patch series removing many instances of arch/arm/*/include/mach/memory.h.
- Review of idle notifiers from Todd Poynor.
- Posted RFC patches removing incomplete/unused ARM machine code.
- Review patch series making mach/hardware.h optional from Rob Herring.
- Sent a mxs-dma patch to skip request_irq for NO_IRQ, so that gpmi which gets multiple dma channels sharing one IRQ can work with mxs-dma too.
- Co-worked with Troy Kisky to send a patch fix the issue that fec driver can not work with mii phy on imx53.
- CPU info declaration macros -- No dissent upstream. These patches are now sitting in Will Deacon's tree waiting for him to send a pull request to Russell.
- Will Deacon's Generic MMU off code -- helped fix an off- by-one type bug which was preventing the temporary stack's identity mapping from being installed properly.
- More activity on minor bugs in gas:
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12931 (ARM: gas fails to set the proper alignment on code sections, causing broken output) This is the issue which is contributing to the WebM code failures in Firefox on ARM. Simple workaround proposed and merged upstream.
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12848 (ARM: Thumb-2: Range check on b.w is off by a factor of 2) This issue is actually affecting virtually all branches in Thumb, including BL.
Linaro kernel activities
- Merged only one patch to linaro-2.6.39 fixing a bug in the MMC test module. If the lack of more fixes is indicative of anything, linux-linaro-2.6.39 for 11.06 should be close to perfection.
- Started an experimental merge of Catalin Marinas' LPAE (ARM Large Physical Address Extension) patches with linux-linaro-2.6.39. Have a booting kernel on the ARM VExpress-CA15x4 model making use of physical memory beyond 4GB, but still having problems with SMP (probably a separate issue from LPAE / A15 support).
- Suggest we disable aligment fixups for linaro images, since gtk-sharp2 is now the only thing known to be affected.
Risks / Issues
Too much breakage & regressions around Panda!
- AOSP license grant group issues still remain before I can submit patches to AOSP
Individual Activity Report
- Per on Vacation 4 weeks in July.
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Status/2011-07-07 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:45:51)