- Period: (2011-04-15-2011-04-21)
PM: Mounir Bsaibes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org/linaro-kernel-wg.html
Key Points for wider discussion
Cycle 11.11 Planning
- Cycle 11.11 Technical Requirements ownership and estimates
- Created TR blueprints
- Tixy will handle K5.1 TR kprobes
- Thomas would like to help with k8.1, Memory Regions Support
- Talked at Linux Filesystem and Storage summit about flash drive problems and how we can solve them
- Presented my research at Embedded Linux Conference
- Gave a keynote at Embedded Linux Conference
- Gave my Presentation "Android OS on Servers?" at ELC
- Got to have a number of really useful conversations at ELC
- Attended a meeting with Google Android developers
- Attended ELC: Google Android discussions and ARM maintainership issue
- The make-dtbs patch has been merged by John Rigby on the linux-linaro-natty tree.
- The lmc dtb support on branch lp:~shawnguo/linaro-image-tools/add-dtb has been approved by Loic for merging lmc trunk.
- Merged v22.214.171.124 into linaro-2.6.38
- Merged the following fixes:
- support pmu/perf on OMAP4
- vexpress: Update basic DT to use skeleton.dtsi file
- Fix broken dtbs rule.
- MUSB: shutdown: Make sure block is awake before doing shutdown
- OMAP: Fixed gpio polarity of gpio USB-phy reset.
- basic DT support on vexpress
- Preserve the VFP state during fork
- perf: ensure pass through zero is counted on overflow
- EXYNOS4: Fix card insert/removal event detection on smdkv310 board
- EXYNOS4: CPUIDLE Support
Upstream oriented activities
- Reposted VFP coredumps patch -- no further traffic.
- Investigated the status of ftrace with regard to Thumb-2. The implementation appears already to be there and seems to work, including dymamic ftrace.
- More reviewing and queuing of several ARM kprobes patches from Tixy.
- Pushed a few patch upstream to fix issues with the ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE personality flag (allows for the gdb test suite to pass).
- Investigation about the kernel decompressor acting funny with the LZMA decompressor, or even corrupting DTB when the DT append patch is used. No resolution yet.
- Initial review of tglx's IRQ consolidation patchset.
- Continue planning and preparation for Linaro@UDS
Risks / Issues
- For cycle 11.11 John estimate to do full conversion of kconfig will take 6 PM's since that involves lots of folks, and possibly reworking major bits of the kconfig language.
- Low priority cycle 11.11 TR's probably will not be done
- Medium priority cycle 11.11 TR's are at risk
- Some team members in the working group are not fully engaged, TI is providing 3 new replacements for current team members
- Deepak Saxena has agreed to join us. He will be taking over as Kernel WG lead.
- Niklas Hernaeus has submitted his CV as possible replacement to Mian Yousaf
- TI is providing 3 names as replacement to existing members
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Status/2011-04-21 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:40:34)