This month's meetings

<<MonthCalendar: execution failed [Argument "anniversary" must be a boolean value, not "workinggroups/kernel/meetingtemplate"] (see also the log)>>

Morning Attendees

  • Paul McKenney: X

  • Arnd Bergmann: X
  • Per Forlin: X
  • Mian Yousaf Kaukab: X
  • John Rigby: X
  • Steve Sakoman: X
  • Mounir Bsaibes: X
  • Lee Jones: X
  • Dave Martin: X
  • Nicolas Pitre: X

Evening Attendees

  • Eric Miao:
  • Jeremy Kerr:
  • John Stultz: X
  • Jason Hui: X
  • Shaju Abraham:
  • Anand Gadiyar: X
  • Paul E. McKenney: X

Agenda

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • Set a plan handle continuity of Steve's work - Paul/Steve/Loic
  • Loic to dig through the blueprints to see which one has u-boot work in them - Loic
  • Loic to talk to other groups to handle kernel testing - Loic
  • Send blueprint presentation to the team - Mounir DONE.
  • Send description on Work Items use on the Whiteboard - Mounir - DONE
  • Update the meeting template with the current blueprints table - Mounir - Done
  • Complete blueprints specification - All
  • Weekly udpates sent to Loic and Paul - All
  • John Stultz will be contacting John Rigby on info/guidance on building Android - John - Done.

Minutes

  • Paul McKenney: Celebrated Thanksgiving. Android-related brainstorming with John Stultz on uses for POSIX_RTC and suspend blockers. Dyntick-HPC work (not currently related to Linaro, but might become related should realtime embedded become important to Linaro).

  • Arnd Bergmann: Joern Engel discussion on Flash media. ST Ericsson BSP video drivers: (1) more code than expected, looking for ways to reduce. (2) A bit behind on the driver model. (3) Code is well-written from a HW viewpoint, but needs help from a kernel viewpoint.
  • Per Forlin: Starting on eMMC performance, setting up environment and hardware. Hardware does not support all of the features in the spec. 5500 platform uses same machine definition as 8500, but supports full standard features. Considering switching to 5500, which makes sense given that many of the issues seem to be in generic code. Expecting to push patches for 5500.
  • Mian Yousaf Kaukab: Setting up environment, using same environment as 2.6.37. USB is there, but platform-specific code is not yet mainlined. Current BSP code is not ready to be mainlined, working with ST-Ericsson folks to get code into shape to be mainlined. Possibly get them into Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging tree.
  • John Rigby: Packaged a kernel, Loic needs to push to Ubuntu. 2.6.37-rc3 made all the Ubuntu sauce apply cleanly!!! No regular schedule on packaging a kernel, done every few weeks in general. Loic does non-packaged nightly kernel builds for more frequent testing.
  • Steve Sakoman: Celebrated Thanksgiving. Worked on five patches for uboot, environment, tools. Will take some time to get upstream, as only on 2010.12-rc2. Doing builds for all the OMAP boards, and will validate -rc2. Will be attending Linux Foundation.
  • Mounir Bsaibes: Sent blueprint presentation to team via email, created the blueprint template. Check up on Dallas attendance. Weekly release update starting this week, so need to get status updated.
  • Lee Jones: Just joined as Landing Team representative.
  • Dave Martin: Thumb2 SMP/Uniprocessor runtime switch on Versatile Express, also on multiple ARM platforms with single kernel. Ready to send patches to Russell King. Working to get OMAP BSP working with Thumb2, which uncovered some interesting issues that need to be written up: (1) Difficult to get working build for Beagle XM from Linaro trees, so working from John Rigby's Natty tree, working out why Linaro is broken (working with Nico and John Rigby). Nico: OMAP3 and OMAP4 are believed to be using the same tree, so should be able to boot from single kernel.
  • Nicolas Pitre: Reviewed bug reports and managing the corresponding patches, pushing them upstream. Working on definition document on what the Linaro tree really is: what is accepted, what it can be used for, what it really is. People seem unwilling to use distribution kernels, but seem to be getting more comfortable with the Linaro tree.
  • John Stultz: Will be at Dallas. Celebrated Thanksgiving. Dallas travel setup. Android trivial scheduler patches: one accepted into -tip!!! Setting up ARM-related Android patches, initial review by Nicolas. Sent merge request to Thomas Gleixner for 2.6.38-destined patches: POSIX_RTC. Got Android-related info from John Rigby. Chasing a suspend-related bug with nanosleep where nanosleeping processes never wake up.
  • Jason Hui: Checking with management for Dallas attendance. Fixed two Linaro bugs on iMX51 uboot. Upstreamed into uboot tree, proposing for Linaro tree. Kernel configuration management material: research. Another kernel patch upstreamed.
  • Anand Gadiyar: Checking with management for Dallas attendance. Studied kexec. Worked with linux-next, found a bug involving toolchain (codesourcery 2010q1). Dave Martin looking into this. Need to check up on whether this bug exists in Linaro toolchain. For more information, see http://marc.info/?t=128748412500003&r=1&w=2&n=19.

Action Items

  • Arnd, Per, Mian, Steve Sakoman: Get together on Flash work.
  • Per: Push 5500 Flash-related configuration code (this week or next week).
  • Mian: Push PIO driver to mainline staging tree.
  • Steve Sakomen: Submit the five uboot patches along with any required fixups. Check on uboot -next.
  • All: Verify contact information in https://wiki.linaro.org/Internal/EngineeringTeamContacts and https://wiki.linaro.org/EngineeringTeam.

  • Nico: Complete wiki page on Linaro tree policy, push patches.
  • Carry Over
    • Set a plan handle continuity of Steve's work - Paul/Steve/Loic
    • Loic to dig through the blueprints to see which one has u-boot work in them - Loic
    • Loic to talk to other groups to handle kernel testing - Loic
    • Complete blueprints specification - All
    • Weekly udpates sent to Loic and Paul - All
    • John Stultz will be contacting John Rigby on info/guidance on building Android - John
    • John Stultz, Jason, Paul: Finish K6 blueprints/specs.
    • Anand: Finish K8 kexec blueprints/specs.

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-11-29 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:34:32)