This month's meetings

<<MonthCalendar: execution failed [Argument "anniversary" must be a boolean value, not "workinggroups/kernel/meetingtemplate"] (see also the log)>>

Morning Attendees

  • Loïc Minier
  • Paul McKenney

  • Anand Gadyar
  • Per Forlen
  • Mian Yousaf Kaoukab
  • Steve Sakoman
  • Mounir Bsaibes

Evening Attendees

Agenda

  • Action items from last meeting.
  • Blueprint status.
  • Engineering Units updates to TSC/Management
    • Definitions/Specification Status
    • Implementation Status
    • Burdowns: Per release, per Working Group, per person
      • Work Item in blueprints
    • Changed the below blueprints table
  • John Stultz: Need info/guidance on building Android.

Ref

Technical
Requirement

Blueprint

Definition
Status

Implementation
Status

Assignee

Comments

Memory Regions (UDS)

K1

tr-kernel-memory-regions

tr-kernel-memory-regions

Drafting

Paul McKenney

other-memory-regions-core-kernel-support

Drafting

Paul McKenney

other-memory-regions-applications

Drafting

Paul McKenney

other-turn-off-dram

Drafting

Paul McKenney

K2

Standard Architecture (UDS)

K2.1

tr-kernel-neon

other-kernel-neon

Drafting

K2.2

tr-kernel-kernel-smp-and-highmem

other-kernel-smp-and-highmem

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre and Dave Martin

K2.3

tr-kernel-runtime-smp

other-kernel-runtime-smp

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre and Dave Martin

K2.4

tr-kernel-thumb2

other-kernel-thumb2

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre and Dave Martin

K3

tr-kernel-bsp-investigations (UDS)

hardware-n-bsp-investigations

Review

Dave Martin

K4

Android (UDS)

K4.1

tr-kernel-android-upstreaming

other-android-upstreaming

Drafting

John Stultz

K4.2

tr-kernel-android-common-tree

other-android-common-tree

Drafting

John Stultz

K4.3

tr-kernel-demo-android-features

other-demo-features-in-android

Drafting

John Stultz

K5

Storage Performance (UDS)

K5.1

tr-kernel-storage-performance-sd

other-storage-performance-sd

Drafting

Per Forlin

K5.2

tr-kernel-storage-performance-emmc

other-kernel-storage-performance-emmc

Drafting

Per Forlin

K5.3

tr-kernel-storage-performance-usb

other-storage-performance-usb

Drafting

Mian Yousaf Koukab

K5.4

tr-kernel-storage-performance-benchmarks

other-storage-performance-benchmarks

Drafting

Steve Sakoman

K6

Kernel Configuration Management (UDS)

K6.1

tr-kernel-optimize-kernel-configuration

other-optimize-kernel-configuration

Drafting

John Stultz, Jason Hui, Paul E. McKenney

K6.2

tr-kernel-board-config-data

other-kernel-board-config-data

Drafting

John Stultz, Jason Hui, Paul E. McKenney

K6.3

tr-kernel-config-management-tool

other-kernel-config-management-tool

Drafting

John Stultz, Jason Hui, Paul E. McKenney

K7

Device Tree (UDS)

K7.1

tr-kernel-finalize-device-tree-api

other-finalize-device-tree-api

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre
Dave Martin

Help is needed

K7.2

tr-kernel-device-tree-for-more-socs

other-kernel-device-tree-for-more-socs

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre
Dave Martin

Help is needed

K7.3

tr-kernel-u-boot-device-tree-support

other-u-boot-device-tree-support

Drafting

Nicoals Pitre
Dave Martin

Help is needed

K7.4

tr-kernel-device-tree-migration

other-device-tree-migration

Drafting

Nicolas Pitre
Dave Martin

Help is needed

K8

tr-kernel-kexec UDS

other-kernel-kexec

Drafting

Anand Gadiyar

K9

tr-kernel-Testing UDS

other-kernel-testing

Drafting

Matt Waddel

Meeting Minutes

  • Round Table
    • Mian Yousaf
      • Will handle K5.1 Storage Performance sd
      • Was looking at USB storage performance one possible improvement is buffering, also thinking about starting a prototype.
        • - Need to focus on specification and tasks that are needed to accomplish the work for now instead of prototyping. One task can be investigate what improvement can be done -
    • Steve Sakoman
      • Contract will finish in few weeks.
      • Will work on a plan with Paul to handle continuity. Meanwhile, Perf Benchmark will be assigned to Steve.
      • Working on submitting patch upstream that were done by Loic. These patches may be used in the build system. It may be a good idea to get the idea for someone in the build team to test them.
    • Anand
      • Will handle Kexec, Nicolas will be to lead for now.
    • Mounir
      • Current focus of the PM's is to decide how to present the update of the various Engineering Unit to the upper management.
      • Working with Jamie,Kiko, James and Ian on an update template to show what possibly we can present to the TSC and to the management.
  • Device tree needs a lot of work, currently Nicolas is assigned to it but cannot handle alone, a lot of engineers will be involved in this work. It is possible to provide new help in this area in the future.
  • Kernel test, Matt Waddel will not be working on it any more, Loic to talk to other group to handle.
  • We should have the blueprint specification done and reviewed by now.
  • Current table shows a single assignee. There can be subtasks to implement a blueprint, many engineers maybe involved in implementing a blueprint.
    • The blueprint whiteboard can be used to split the blueprint's work into sub-tasks (Work Items) the syntax still the same as last cycle.
  • Need Weekly update sent to Loic and Paul.

Action Items

  • Set a plan handle continuity of Steve's work - Paul/Steve/Loic
  • Loic to dig through the blueprints to see which one has u-boot work in them - Loic
  • Loic to talk to other groups to handle kernel testing - Loic
  • Send blueprint presentation to the team - Mounir
  • Send description on Work Items use on the Whiteboard - Mounir
  • Update the meeting template with the current blueprints table - Mounir
  • Complete blueprints specification - All
  • Weekly udpates sent to Loic and Paul - All
  • John Stultz will be contacting John Rigby on info/guidance on building Android - John

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-11-22 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:34:36)