- Engineering Resources Page
- How To
- Development Related
- Logistics and infrastructure
- Other Topics you May Need
This page is custom made to new Linaro team members joining the kernel working group. It is not meant to be a duplicate of other similar information that can be found around Linaro wiki. Rather, this page will complement those other Getting Started info, by pointing out needed information specific to get going with the kernel Working Group.
Engineering Resources Page
Linaro How to
Blueprint Step by Step
Most communication should go to email@example.com
Communication that needs to be addressed to the kernel WG can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org - Note this is not private the archive are public.
Weekly reports see Reporting
Update both of these links with your information.
- #linaro channel
- private-irc.linaro.org/6697 #all channel (this channel is used for internal use by Linaro team, as opposed to the #linaro channel on the public IRC server (irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net) which opened to all who wants to join.). You need the password provided to you with your welcoming email.
Kernel WG Meetings
- Linaro meetings are conducted on IRC freenode channel #linaro-kernel
- Two Weekly meeting both conducted on Monday to make it somewhat easier for various members in different time zones to attend:
One is set at 16:00 PM GMT - check your time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=30&year=2010&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
One is set at 04:00 AM GMT - check your time here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=30&year=2010&hour=4&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
Kernel Development Flow
New Features / Blueprints
New features are organized and tracked using Launchpad's blueprints. For description of blueprints their anatomy, Definition work flow and implementation work flow see the presentation in the following link:
Logistics and infrastructure
Linaro infrastructure is run by Canonical. Requests for id's access to Hardware etc.. is done by submitig tickets to Canonical IS.
How to submit a ticket to IS
Other Topics you May Need
Package your own Kernel
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/GettingStarted (last modified 2013-01-14 19:34:42)