- From: Shawn Guo <email@example.com>
- Deepak Saxena <dsaxena>
- From: John Stultz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: Arnd Bergmann <email@example.com>
- From: Dave Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: Rajendra Nayak <email@example.com>
- From: Venkatraman S <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: Saugata Das <email@example.com>
- From: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Anton Vorontsov
- Dong Aisheng
- Mounir Bsaibes
- Nicolas Pitre
- Niklas Hernaeus
- Thomas Abraham
From: Shawn Guo <email@example.com>
- Sent a series to clean up basic clks of common clk framework, and
- Mike will integrate them into his fixup branch.
- Sent a patch to fix the issue that audio driver only works with SSI1
- on imx5. It assigns dma peripheral type according to bus topology. (Merged by Mark)
- Sent a couple of patches to fix sgtl5000 MIC Bias power and add
- audio routing support for imx-sgtl5000 machine driver to get capture functional. (Merged by Mark)
- Tested patch "ASoC: sgtl5000: Convert mic bias to a supply widget"
- from Mark with imx-sgtl5000.
- Added basic clock management for fsl_ssi driver. To make it compile
- for both powerpc and imx, the powerpc dummy clock API needs to be built in. Sent a patch to linuxppc-dev list and waiting for comment.
- Reviewed and merged anatop-regulator imx6q dts patch from Paul.
- Reviewed and merged basic imx28 DT patch (booting into console with
- nfsroot) from Aisheng.
- Tested v3.4-rc1 on imx28 and imx6q, and sent a couple patches to fix
- amba probe failure, section mismatch warning.
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena>
- Worked on article on "Kernel Upstreaming Challenges" for executive
- Ended up writing one version and completely throwing it away as it
was too introductory
- but hope to use that to write a larger white-paper type of document
on the topic. Update
article draft @ http://goo.gl/9SBpT.
- Self-review, engineer review. (Do we really need to do these every
- Worked with Mounir on 12.04 blueprint updates
Submitted talk proposal on "One zImage to Rule Them All" to LinuxCon Japan
- Regular 1:1s and meetings
- Finish review cycle work
- Finish patch tracking spreadsheet for upstream kernel work
- Connect planning
- Roadmap cards
- No major ones, though still feeling behind on everything due to
being sick earlier
- in the month. :/
- Off May 4th and following week, back to work on Monday the 13th. Will have no
- interwebs and limited phone access.
- Connect Q2, possibly with follow up
From: John Stultz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent out last bits of timekeeping changes for 3.4 & got them merged.
Spent a bit of time re-installing & reconfiguring my system
environment per new internal policies:
- Sent out first pass at config fragment integration into the linaro
kernel. Got some good feedback & patches from Tixy and Tushar.
Ran Android Subteam phone meeting & set up recurring phone meeting
- Reviewed Danial Walkers performance comparision between shm based and
android logger based logging. Got into a longish discussion off-list discussion with him about Android's design requirements. Hopefully will see another iteration from Daniel.
- At Tixy's prodding, contacted Dima to see about the earlysuspend
removal in 3.3 and what fixes for the log flooding that caused are recommended. Got a quick response that they have a fix, and are looking to push it out soon. Tixy suggested a fix in the meantime.
- Did a first pass fwd port of the Android 3.3 patch stack to 3.4.
Messed up some of the mmc items and will likely have to try again.
- Got a first pass at reworking the fadvise volatile code to store tree
roots in a hash rather then bloat the address_space structure. It seems to be working, but I kind of don't believe it.
More testing on fadvise volatile hash rework & send to lkml
- Get all of Tushar's changes merged into the config fragment tree
- Take another shot at fwd porting the Android tree to 3.4
From: Arnd Bergmann <email@example.com>
- Merge window, part two: everything we had queued is now in mainline
- Discussed swap on flash with a few people, sent out first proposal
- Continued DT discussion for spear, kirkwood, shmobile
- more review for DT conversions
- regression testing post merge window
- getting my build server back running
- dig out my CONFIG_NO_IOPORT patch set and get that into linux-next
From: Dave Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Semihosting support for the big.LITTLE bootwrapper tested and
merged into gnu-build.
- Experimental DT support added to the big.LITTLE bootwrapper.
- Locally rebased model kernel support onto torvalds/master. I will
want for v3.4-rc1 to come out before pushing this.
- Added cpufreq transition notifications to the reference switcher
cpufreq driver. This seems to correct the erroneous frequency values observed when reading cpufreq status from sysfs.
- Followed up with the ARM guys on the switcher deadlock issue
observed last week. Some progress, but it's not fully fixed yet.
- Kernel opcode injection patches reposted. These aren't urgent, so
I will probably wait until after the merge window before sending them to Russell's patch system.
- Revisit hyp-entry series.
no change this week
Fri 6 April - Fri 13 April
From: Rajendra Nayak <email@example.com>
- Worked on patches to make OMAP transition to common clk one
- SoC family at a time and also maintaining git-bisect. Turned out much ugly than I initially thought. Shared the patches along with a few minor fixes with Mike.
- Started working on optimizing (reducing) OMAP4 common clk data
- on top of Mikes' initial work. Mostly done manual cleanups for now. Need to update the autogen scripts.
- Started validating OMAP5 common clk using Mikes' framework changes
- and autogen updates.
- Autogen updates for OMAP4 data, OMAP5 validation and fixes to
- framework changes.
- Planning to take off on 2,9,10 April due to some personal
- emergency travel.
From: Venkatraman S <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sent out pull request for UFS and eMMC features for Linaro Kernel release
- Coding up eMMC foreground HPI code. Sent a rough first cut to Storage folks.
- Studies UFS implementation. Plan to abstract out the PCI specific
part of driver files
- More HPI coding and do some stress tests
- Test eMMC Power off notify with OMAP.
- Was on leave for 2 days
From: Saugata Das <email@example.com>
Tested cases for < 4KB sector and EFI partition, with native sector
- Power OFF notify patch submitted
- Work on context ID patch
- Submit a proposal on the implementation of large block size
From: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Applied and pushed the DT patch from Stephen, effectively making
- it possible to create DT- based pinctrl drivers in the 3.5 release cycle for the kernel.
- Attended the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose and had
- a "platform perimeter" seminar, paper and slides available here:
http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/papers/ESC-400Paper_Walleij.pdf http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/papers/ESC-400Slides_Walleij.pdf Apart from running the seminar I count this as education and competence building
- a "platform perimeter" seminar, paper and slides available here:
- Easter vacation april 2-5th.
- expect next report on april 13th
- Review incoming pinctrl patches.
- Prepare to convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.
- Attending the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose 27th thru 30th of march.
- Test the U9540 core patches on real hardware and rework as outlined by Arnd.
- Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using pl08x DMA on that platform.
- Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining... like - Ux500 clocks - the HWMON stuff.
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2012-03-30 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:35:21)