- Shawn Guo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Linus Walleij <email@example.com>
- Saugata Das <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- John Stultz <email@example.com>
- Arnd Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dave Martin <email@example.com>
- Dong Aisheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rajendra Nayak <email@example.com>
- Thomas Abraham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Nicolas Pitre <email@example.com>
- Deepak Saxena <dsaxena>
- Anton Vorontsov
- Omar Ramirez
- Venkatraman Sathiyamoorthy
- Mounir Bsaibes
Shawn Guo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Another 3 iterations of adding imx-sgtl5000 machine driver working
- with fsl_ssi. The v5 of the series just got merged by Mark. But unfortunately it does not catch v3.4 merge window, and will have to be in v3.5.
- Tested DMA engine cookie handling cleanups from Russell King on
- imx-sdma and mxs-dma drivers.
- Reviewed imx pwm framework migration patch from Sascha.
- Reviewed a bit imx28 device tree support series from Aisheng.
- Reviewed common clk framework v7 post.
- Start porting imx6 clock driver to common clk framework
Linus Walleij <email@example.com>
- Grant merged the SPI message queue core patch,
- also Mark Browns patch moving the Samsung SPI driver to use this central message queue.
- Discussed dmaengine. This is pretty important, it looks
- like someone needs to step up and look into the channel mapping problem which is a pretty big piece of work.
- Pushed out an interesting core driver patch that was
- harvested from Rabin inside ST-Ericsson.
- Pushed out a new set of three MFD patches for
- AB8500 trying to keep things in sync.
Reviewed and ACK:ed a set of 7 device tree patches
- for ux500 by Lee Jones, now probably merged by Arnd.
Reviewed and ACK:ed the v7 clk patches from Mike
- Volunteered for the MMCI driver maintenanceship.
- Russell will keep it for now even though it's marked "orphaned" in MAINTAINERS.
- Discussed a bit around ALSA SoC AB8500 codec
- implementation driven by Ola LILJA from ST-Ericsson.
- Discussed some LED patches from Bryan Wu.
- Get ready to issue pull request for pinctrl this
- coming merge window.
- Prepare to convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.
- Attending the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose 27th thru 30th of march.
- Tentative easter vacation first week april.
- Test the U9540 core patches on real hardware and
- rework as outlined by Arnd.
- Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using pl08x DMA on that platform.
- Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining... like
- - Ux500 clocks - the HWMON stuff.
We really need someone to look at dmaengine for member SoCs.
Saugata Das <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Supporting native sector patch prepared. Internal review ongoing The BP (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/emmc4.5-native-sector) is updated
- Context ID patch rework ongoing. Identifying mechanisms of extracting inode from the information passed to MMC layer
Work on context ID patch (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/emmc4.5-context-id)
- Submit disable emulation mode patch to community
- Follow up on power OFF notify patch for a fix on mmci driver
Submit a proposal on the implementation of large block size (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/vfs-larger-than-4k-block-size-2011.12)
John Stultz <email@example.com>
- Spent a large chunk of time on fadvise volatile work. Fixed circular locking issues and simplified things a bit. Polished up the code and submitted to lkml for review. Researching some alternative approaches.
- Was alerted to a locking issue in the timekeeping code, sent an RFC fix to address the problem.
- Iterated a few times on clocksource switching bug patches and sent a pull request for my current queue of fixes to tglx
Did some internal IBM assistance & internal IBM process items.
- Was late, but sent out Android Subteam meeting email.
- Try to get a first pass at a page-tag approach to the volatile pages implementation.
- Working on presentation abstract for plumbers
- Frustrated by my slow progress.
Arnd Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Took over arm-soc merging from Olof again
- accepted heaploads of patches into arm-soc, now closed
- DT conversion for spear6xx, kirkwood, ux500, at91
- driver changes for davinci, lpc32xx, exynos
- ep93xx cleanup
- numerous smaller fixes
- exynos5 Soc support
- common struct clk
- assisted DT conversion on a lot of platforms
Dave Martin <email@example.com>
- ARM's switcher v2.2 updates published to Linaro, along with the
merged Linaro GNU tools support
- Simple cpufreq driver for the ARM switcher implemented. This is only a first pass, but it works at a basic level. I should be able to post this for review on Monday.
- Rewrote and posted custom opcode injection patches to work solely using the C preprocessor. This was needed by the Xen/KVM guys. It is also relevant to use of the ARM switcher (though in fact, I didn't need it for this)
- No progress on hyp-entry patches (as expected)
- Post cpufreq backend driver for review.
- Investigate with nico whether we can rebase our kernel work on top of arm-soc.
- [ dave-martin-arm] integrate reference switcher bug fixes from ARM: DONE
- [dave-martin-arm] implement cpufreq backend for reference switcher: INPROGRESS
- none planned yet
Dong Aisheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Pinctrl core patch review.
- sent mx28 basic dt support patches including imx28 dt core, irq domain,
fec, mmc, dma supports.
- sent a dt core patch fixing the potential issue of of_device_is_availabe
- sent a fec patches fixing the potential no phy found issue.
- sent a net phylib patch fixing the length limitation of mii bus id
- discussed a lot with Grant and Lathar on how to get mac address from dt
which is a common issue on
- all imx platfroms.
- Review pinctrl core dt binding patches sent recently by Stephen Warren
- mx6q pinctrl driver dt support
- mx28 dt support patch comments addressing and more devices support
Rajendra Nayak <email@example.com>
- Reposted v3 of mmc-dt patches. Chris pulled them in for 3.4.
- With this OMAP should have *all* basic drivers DT adapted.
- More mmc driver cleanups, will post once 3.4-rc1 comes out.
- Too late and not too critical to go in this merge window.
- Review pinctrl dt, and common clk patches. Also had a chat with
- Tony about the pinctrl dt bindings and he plans to update pinctrl- simple with the latest bindings quite soon.
- After some discussions with Tony on moving the mmc pbias platform
- calls to SCM driver, it turns out he prefers it being handled in some way via the pinctrl driver. With mmc-dt patches already in 3.4 moving this task to a lower priority.
- Started looking at Mike's *OMAP4 only* migration to common clock to
- get it working on all OMAPs'. Still figuring out if I can do this one OMAP family at a time, to avoid a big bang change across board.
- Focus mainly on common clk conversion for all OMAPs.
- Planing to take off the 1st week of May. From 1st to 7th May.
- Will update Linaro leaves.
Thomas Abraham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Posted v2 of patches that rework platform data of display controller
- driver which is prerequisite for dt support.
- Post next version of dt support patches for interrupt combiner,
- wakeup interrupts, regulator and display controller driver.
- Was on leave on 14th, 15th and 16th March.
Nicolas Pitre <email@example.com>
Review of the initial Kirkwood conversion to FDT by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review of a patch series removing most instances of io.h by Rob Herring.
- Comments/suggestions on how to deal with unresponsive maintainers,
- prompted by Amit Kucheria.
- Review of a patch by Stephen Warren to generalize u-Boot's uImage
- wrapping in the kernel build.
- More experiments with the b.L software model, attempting to boot
- a 8-core SMP system, running into cross cluster cache coherency problems. Finally get it to boot, thanks to the ARM guys who provided the missing clue.
- Look at the multi-cluster aware boot protocol patches by Lorenzo
- Pieralisi. Some of it might be directly useful for the b.L switcher.
- Review of Dave Martin's patch series to facilitate custom opcode
- Improved a patch I posted months ago to remove the debugging restrictions
- inside the devicemaps_init() function and pushed upstream. REcent changes to the kernel are making this patch very useful for people to debug their own kernel.
- Quick review of the Cortex-M3 support by Uwe Kleine-K�nig.
- Moved to the arm-soc tree to implement the in-kernel switcher as it
- contains everything to boot a vexpress config with device tree on the software model.
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena>
- I was out sick for about a week, behind on everything right now. :/
- Started work on member's update article on understanding upstream
- Started work on patch tracking spreadsheet for Android
lowmem-related patches as
- a POC for better understanding status of how upstream is doing.
- Complete member newsletter article
- Complete patch tracking spreadsheet for Android lowmem patches
- Review cycle work, including my own self-review
- Put together proposed schedule for kernel training @ Connect.
- Review roadmap card status
- Review latest updates to KWG wiki pages.
- Start thinking about KWG @ Linaro connect
- Possibly off May 4-10th.
- Connect Q2
- Possibly attending Linux Con Japan right after Connect
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2012-03-16 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:34:58)