- Nicolas Pitre
- Thomas Abraham <email@example.com>
- Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- john stultz <email@example.com>
- Dave Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Arnd Bergmann
- Manjunath Kondaiah
- Nicolas Pitre
- Niklas Hernaeus
- Per Forlin
- Shawn Guo
- Thomas Abraham
- Venkatraman Sathiyamoorthy
activity report consolidated in https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/ActivityReports/2011-10-21
Thomas Abraham <email@example.com>
- Submitted second version of UART and IRQ device tree support patches.
- Prepared a single device tree enabled board file for smdkv310 and Origen boards and tested device tree support on both the boards for the following modules: UART, SDHCI, Keypad, GPIO keys, DMA, RTC, I2C, WDT, GPIO, IRQ
- Submit updated/rebased device tree support patches for SDHCI, Keypad,
- DMA, RTC, GPIO, IRQ and dt-board file. (hoping that all of these will be merged in 3.2)
- (Not critical) Testing for backward compatibility with the changes in the drivers for all previous Samsung boards consumes lot of time.
Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Maturing pinctrl core and pinmux in linux-next, answering late review comments and merging smaller patches.
- Arnd pulled the last ux500 stuff (timers) for the merge window.
- Found the problem with attached device trees on my
- platforms. Root cause: mismatched "compatible" node hangs kernel 3.1+ at an early stage, with an error message on the earlyprintk console. If you don't have a working earlyprintk the stuff locks up, and this non-visibility of early errors had us stuck for a while.
- Reviewed various stuff. (pinctrl, MMC, new platform called SPMP8000).
- Let pin control core and pinmux mature in -next and I expect to issue a pull request to Torvalds in the coming merge window
- Start working on generic pin control:
- Input modes
- Load capacitance
First step - survey of existing configuration options for currens SoC:s.
- Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using pl08x DMA on that platform.
- Drive generalization of U300 and Nomadik GPIO by using the pinctrl framework
- Watch the DBx500 PRCMU drivers update, fixed
- patches for Sam, but don't know if he's pleased with them yet.
- Mainline some ux500 U-Boot stuff so it can at least boot the system.
- The formation of the clk subsystem seems pretty much tangled up in details right now, don't know what to do
about it though
john stultz <email@example.com>
- Worked on prototyping sched-flag based timer freezing. Initial rough hack allowed a system to drop from 20-60 wakeups per second down to 0.7. The hack is not really viable, so I'm continuing to research and refine the idea to see how it could best be implemented.
- Pinged AmitK for ideas on how to measure power improvements.
- Resubmit merge_config.sh script to lkml. So far have had no feedback.
- Reviewed a rough initial patch by Dave Hansen that could be the start of some ashmem-like functionality. Talked with him about some of the API issues over lunch.
- Split up some blueprints for Mounir
Met with PaulMck for lunch to sync up on current issues around my wakelocks idea.
- Linaro Connect expenses went through! Yay!
Dave Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- More discussions around testing/quality/documentation
- Reworked AMBA module autoloading series to Do Things Properly using the existing modpost framework. Posted patches; about 50% Acked.
- Thumb-2 kernel migration advice posted on wiki and linaro-dev.
- No significant progress on Versatile Express this week, due to discussions and other work.
- Prompt for further feedback on minor Thumb-2 randconfig issues:
- v6/v7 single kernel Thumb-2 undef fixup patches: currently waiting for Russell/Arnd to comment
- Fixing some Thumb-2 related randconfig errors reported by Arnd:
- pxa/pj4/iwmmxt uses non-Thumb-2-compatible code: waiting for feedback (probably needs a Marvell expert to comment)
- tegra2 uses non-Thumb-2-compatible code: waiting for feedback from Colin Cross.
- Refined the workitems list for vexpress:
- [dave-martin-arm] Dynamic loading of AMBA device drivers (including via DT) - implement and test: DONE
- [dave-martin-arm] Dynamic loading of AMBA device drivers (including via DT) - repost: DONE
- [dave-martin-arm] Dynamic loading of AMBA device drivers (including via DT) - Propose for merging: TODO
- [dave-martin-arm] to document what he needed to do get Thumb-2 kernel working for a new SoC: DONE
Mon 2011-10-17 - Fri 2011-10-21
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2011-10-07 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:39:46)